Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[SQL] MySQL Connector :: Remote Database (+Natives)

Post New Thread Reply   

claudiuhks
Yam Inside®™℠
Old 10-01-2013 , 07:47   Re: [SQL] MySQL Connector :: Remote Database (+Natives)
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcKq View Post
It uses threaded queries or just like those SQL_Connect and then SQL_Execute commands?
If it uses the second I think I will give that module a try.
It connects to the MySQL server when the map starts and it disconnects when the map ends.
RemDatabase_Query native will take approximately 0.02 seconds to execute. It's really more faster than the AMX Mod X MySQL extension. Queries are made instantly, of course, as you see in the example plugin. If this MySQL extension will loose connection with the MySQL server during map, it will automatically reconnect.

Last edited by claudiuhks; 10-01-2013 at 07:48.
Send a message via MSN to claudiuhks Send a message via Yahoo to claudiuhks Send a message via Skype™ to claudiuhks
bcKq
Old 10-01-2013 , 18:11   Re: [SQL] MySQL Connector :: Remote Database (+Natives)
Reply With Quote #12

Ok, I will rewrite entire sql queries in my mod tommorrow and will give some feedback.
It actually runs a query every 0.1 second for each player (and server is always full) so that's 31 queries per 0.1 second + loading, saving, updating etc. So I will check if it will be faster
Yam Inside®™℠
Old 10-02-2013 , 13:48   Re: [SQL] MySQL Connector :: Remote Database (+Natives)
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcKq View Post
Ok, I will rewrite entire sql queries in my mod tommorrow and will give some feedback.
It actually runs a query every 0.1 second for each player (and server is always full) so that's 31 queries per 0.1 second + loading, saving, updating etc. So I will check if it will be faster
Do not forget to backup the current configuration.
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-03-2013 , 07:39   Re: [SQL] MySQL Connector :: Remote Database (+Natives)
Reply With Quote #14

What about threaded queries?

Blocking isn't good for gaming.

Divide et vinces
approved plugins | steam account

I don't accept PM for support. Just ask on forums.
If you're looking for private work, PM me.
Send a message via MSN to joropito
claudiuhks
Yam Inside®™℠
Old 10-03-2013 , 07:45   Re: [SQL] MySQL Connector :: Remote Database (+Natives)
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by joropito View Post
What about threaded queries?

Blocking isn't good for gaming.
It does not block anything. Has been tested both on Windows and Linux.
Some Guy Yellin'
Old 10-03-2013 , 16:24   Re: [SQL] MySQL Connector :: Remote Database (+Natives)
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudiuhks View Post
It does not block anything. Has been tested both on Windows and Linux.
If you didn't use threaded queries your module is blocking the game. It's faster than what you can sense but it is still blocking the game for a while. What if you have a slow free remote datebase?

Last edited by Neeeeeeeeeel.-; 10-03-2013 at 16:24.
Send a message via Skype™ to Neeeeeeeeeel.-
claudiuhks
Yam Inside®™℠
Old 10-03-2013 , 16:33   Re: [SQL] MySQL Connector :: Remote Database (+Natives)
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neeeeeeeeeel.- View Post
If you didn't use threaded queries your module is blocking the game. It's faster than what you can sense but it is still blocking the game for a while. What if you have a slow free remote datebase?
I'm sorry but I don't want to use threaded queries in this extension. Those queries are not blocking the game, are just taking some time to being executed. Each kind of function takes some time to being executed, even socket_send or SortCustom2D. Did you test this module so you have that much information to provide?

If you will use a free remotely database the server will run as expected. You can't expect quality by using free things.
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-04-2013 , 07:57   Re: [SQL] MySQL Connector :: Remote Database (+Natives)
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudiuhks View Post
I'm sorry but I don't want to use threaded queries in this extension. Those queries are not blocking the game, are just taking some time to being executed. Each kind of function takes some time to being executed, even socket_send or SortCustom2D. Did you test this module so you have that much information to provide?

If you will use a free remotely database the server will run as expected. You can't expect quality by using free things.
That's the point of threaded queries. It deals with latency and database performance problems.

I'm not saying this is good or bad, I'm just saying threaded queries it's on top and non-threaded it's like legacy.

If your query takes 250ms, your game will game block for such time and that's a pain for gaming experience.

Switching from threaded to non-threaded it's a step back, just that.
Anyone can use this module because seems to be easiest to use than others but this difference should be noticed.

Divide et vinces
approved plugins | steam account

I don't accept PM for support. Just ask on forums.
If you're looking for private work, PM me.

Last edited by joropito; 10-04-2013 at 08:00.
Send a message via MSN to joropito
K.K.Lv
Veteran Member
Old 10-04-2013 , 12:36   Re: [SQL] MySQL Connector :: Remote Database (+Natives)
Reply With Quote #19

Asynchronous query should be the nice choice,as joropito's said, blocking is not good for gaming. I think Thread query is the one of the best.
K.K.Lv
Veteran Member
Old 10-04-2013 , 12:48   Re: [SQL] MySQL Connector :: Remote Database (+Natives)
Reply With Quote #20

another problem , I think you have to consider the handler of the connection, I think most of coders knowing the error code of MySql, like "CR_SERVER_GONE_ERROR(error No. is 2006)" and the "CR_SERVER_LOST(error No. is 2013)", so I suggest you that check whether the handler of the connection is valid or not before you execute the query