Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Req: Updates from website (wall activity) showing in game

Post New Thread Reply   

bzellinger
Old 03-23-2012 , 13:16   Req: Updates from website (wall activity) showing in game
Reply With Quote #1

Don't know if this is possible, but it would be freaking awesome. I use this following script for our website:

http://demo.socialengine.net/

I was wondering if it's possible to tap into the database somehow and show "Wall activity" in game.

Thanks for looking.
TnTSCS
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-23-2012 , 14:01   Re: Req: Updates from website (wall activity) showing in game
Reply With Quote #2

there is probably a couple of ways to do this. Add a dB trigger from your wall database to add a row to a temp table in a dB your game server can access, then have your game server query that temp table every n seconds and grab the data from the row(s) and do a PrintToChatAll or something, then have the plugin delete those rows from the temp table...

I'm sure there is another way (or ways), but that's just one thought
Old 03-23-2012 , 14:25   Re: Req: Updates from website (wall activity) showing in game
Reply With Quote #3

Good to know it's possible. I have no clue about coding though. How long do you think a project like this will take?
TnTSCS
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-23-2012 , 16:24   Re: Req: Updates from website (wall activity) showing in game
Reply With Quote #4

I don't know. I haven't messed with SMs SQL stuff yet... a few days maybe? Depending on the coders knowledge of SM and SQL it could take a couple of hours or even less, I can't really say for sure. Also, do you have full access to the dB your wall activity uses?

Last edited by TnTSCS; 03-23-2012 at 16:24.
bzellinger
Old 03-23-2012 , 16:49   Re: Req: Updates from website (wall activity) showing in game
Reply With Quote #5

I have access to everything. I'll gladly pay someone $20 for an hour or two of time. I just don't have the type of money to pay if it's a time-consuming project.
Doodil
Old 03-24-2012 , 10:43   Re: Req: Updates from website (wall activity) showing in game
Reply With Quote #6

I can look into that for you, add me if you fancy:

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197966076421/