Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Router-Problem

Post New Thread Reply   

itsbickyxd
Old 09-21-2005 , 19:08   Router-Problem
Reply With Quote #1

Hey guys i created a server.. everythings fine... But when i go in its good. But others say they canno't connect or it doesnt exist. I have a router but the thing is i called my cable modem company and my modem takes in 2 signals so i have 2 ips.. meaning both my computeres have individual i.p's . How do i get this server running?
Send a message via AIM to itsbickyxd
Lazarus Long
Old 09-21-2005 , 20:04  
Reply With Quote #2

Put the IP of the game server n your router DMZ zone (or if it doesn't support it redirect the port the game is running at from the WAN interface of the router to the IP where the game is running at) and then advertise your game server IP to the world.
Old 09-21-2005 , 20:09  
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus Long
Put the IP of the game server n your router DMZ zone (or if it doesn't support it redirect the port the game is running at from the WAN interface of the router to the IP where the game is running at) and then advertise your game server IP to the world.
i really dont understand... also may i ask for steps to do so?
Lazarus Long
Old 09-21-2005 , 20:19  
Reply With Quote #4

Can't help you, it depends on the router.

It should have a DMZ (outside the firewall) zone and you should add the IP of the game server to the list

If not it should have a port forwarding option and you should add the port you configured on the game (if you didn't change the default use 27015) to the list and forward that port from the internet to your game server.

Can't be more specific.
Old 09-21-2005 , 20:43  
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:

It should have a DMZ (outside the firewall) zone and you should add the IP of the game server to the list

If not it should have a port forwarding option and you should add the port you configured on the game (if you didn't change the default use 27015) to the list and forward that port from the internet to your game server.

Can't be more specific.

alright but the thing is i need help understanding waht u mean.. like wat ports and stuff
itsbickyxd
Old 09-21-2005 , 20:44  
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:

Can't be more specific.

alright but the thing is i need help understanding waht u mean.. like wat ports and stuff
Kensai
Veteran Member
Old 09-21-2005 , 22:55  
Reply With Quote #7

Lol, why did you post twice??

With a router, you have a Dynamic IP, which changes everytime the router reconnects. So you need to make a static IP or get a host to redirect your ip. www.no-ip.com Make a new host there, and dl their client.

As long as it's running, it'll update the ip to the host. So, let's say you made it "admin.servehalflife.com:27015" That would act as the IP. So instead of 1.2.3.4:27015 you would use the admin.servehalflife.com:27015

What's the IP of the computer your running the server off of?

This is for a Dedicated Server. Just load it up, and start the server, be sure to get some decent plugins to make it cool, and enjoyable for players.

If it's a Listen, might wanna do this.
Make a "server" so to speak on your router. Go to your config page for the router, advanced and I think it's Virtual Servers.

Start making a new one, name it like cstrike or whatever, make both port numbers 27015 or whatever you want/need. Do Both, and check Always. And hit Apply, or Ok.

That'll make it so your port doesn't change.

Be sure to type "sv_lan 0" in the console when the Listen Server loads, that way it's not a LAN server, and will be on the public list.
Send a message via AIM to Kensai Send a message via MSN to Kensai
d4rkst4r
Old 09-22-2005 , 22:45  
Reply With Quote #8

agreed
Lazarus Long
Old 09-23-2005 , 07:45  
Reply With Quote #9

I appologize Kensai, but either I misunderstood itsbickyxd's first post or he has a dual IP router (normally static IP) so his problem isn't a DynIP problem at all, but a forwarding problem.

I do agree with the rest of your post, the problem is that your explanation might not apply to his situation if his router has a different interface or names for what you just told him. It was the same reason I couldn't be more specific also, every router has a different interface to do the same thing.

Regards,
Old 09-23-2005 , 23:04  
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsbickyxd
Quote:
i really dont understand... also may i ask for steps to do so?
go with what Kensai said or

Quote:
Originally Posted by boadmin
you have to use portforwarding to open up the required ports for the server...

The following ports must be open in your firewall and router for Steam and Steam Games to work:

UDP 1200 (used for friends service)
UDP 27000 to 27015 inclusive
TCP 27020 to 27039 inclusive
TCP 27040 and 27041 only for CyberCafe Owners

Computers running Dedicated Servers need these ports open:

UDP: 27015 and 27020 (default HLDS, SRCDS and HLTV port)
TCP: 27015 (SRCDS Rcon port)

If your server uses a different hostport then you will need to adjust the above accordingly.

For help on port forwarding for your Router, please consult this excellent website: http://www.portforward.com.

For assistance with your Firewall you will need to go to the support site for your particular Firewall.