Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D2] Need help running multiple Server on the same machine.

Post New Thread Reply   

thewintersoldier97
Old 12-12-2021 , 03:17   [L4D2] Need help running multiple Server on the same machine.
Reply With Quote #1

Hello, I'm currently running a L4D2 server which using port 27015, was running fine and folks can connect with no problems. Early today I'm tried to run a different one on port 27016 (from another directory which I'm copied from the first one, with its own server.cfg and a different steam group linked).

Everything seem normal at first, the second server was appear in my game on the "Steam Group Server" tab as well as the first one. But I can't connect to it using the same method I always use: from the lobby with mm_dedicated_force_server internalIP:port. Sometime the #2 server changed map as I connect to it but again, I can't get in.
I tried connect to it directly by the console with connect externalIP:port but seem like the game weirdly redirected me to the first server, same with internalIP, as showed in server logs.

The two server was properly listed on serverbrowser.
The two server has mostly the same set of plugin (Just disable some plugin in #2)
All the port used is forwarded.

Server #1 run command
Code:
srcds.exe -console -game "left4dead2" -maxplayers 12 +map "c1m1_hotel" -port 27015 -insecure -condebug -usercon
Server #2 run command
Code:
srcds.exe -console -game "left4dead2" -maxplayers 12 +map "c2m1_highway" -port 27016 -insecure -condebug -usercon
This is what showing in server #2 console while I'm connecting from lobby.
PHP Code:
ReplyReservationRequest:  Reservation request with bogus payload data from *myip:port* [512 bytes
This is what showing in server #1 console while I'm using "connect externalIP:27016"
PHP Code:
Client "Supreme Leader" connected.
Dropped Supreme Leader from server (Disconnect by user.) 
Any help is greatly appreciated!

Looking for some fun!

Last edited by thewintersoldier97; 12-12-2021 at 03:28.
Bacardi
Veteran Member
Old 12-12-2021 , 03:30   Re: [L4D2] Need help running multiple Server on the same machine.
Reply With Quote #2

...instead try to use next +1 port number, you should try jump to 27020 2021
There is chance that first SRCDS is reserved few ports for itself or maybe other program is using that port.

- Removing -port parameter you let SRCDS find open port by itself.
- Adding -strictportbind parameter SRCDS shutdown if default port or binded is in use.

*edit
Ports and Processes! What Process has that Port open?

Last edited by Bacardi; 12-12-2021 at 03:47. Reason: first srcds could reserve +10 port
thewintersoldier97
Old 12-12-2021 , 03:58   Re: [L4D2] Need help running multiple Server on the same machine.
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacardi View Post
...instead try to use next +1 port number, you should try jump to 27020 2021
There is chance that first SRCDS is reserved few ports for itself or maybe other program is using that port.

- Removing -port parameter you let SRCDS find open port by itself.
- Adding -strictportbind parameter SRCDS shutdown if default port or binded is in use.

*edit
Ports and Processes! What Process has that Port open?
Thanks for your input, I tried your method but still can't connect to it. Also checked by cmd prompt too, there isn't a process using those port.

Looking for some fun!
thewintersoldier97
Old 12-13-2021 , 12:35   Re: [L4D2] Need help running multiple Server on the same machine.
Reply With Quote #4

Update: This is what showed when I tried to connect to server #2 via lobby again (mm_dedicated_force_server LAN:port), I changed the port of server#2 to 27021 for testing sake.
Code:
Connecting to public(192.168.1.210:27021) private(0.0.0.0:27015) 
Sending UDP connect to public IP 192.168.1.210:27021
Sending UDP connect to private IP 0.0.0.0:27015
Server using '<none>' lobbies, requiring pw no, lobby id 0
RememberIPAddressForLobby: lobby 0 from address 192.168.1.210:27021
CSteam3Client::InitiateConnection: 192.168.1.210:27021
Why was the private IP use port 27015 which I'm clearly set for server#1, both server was running simultaneously...Or does the UCP protocol is different entirely?
Maybe the game(?) or something auto redirecting me to private ip with the port of server#1 and that was the cause? Anyway I can set it to use the port of server#2?

Looking for some fun!

Last edited by thewintersoldier97; 12-13-2021 at 12:55.