Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[ANY] Report Demo Recorder

Post New Thread Reply   

bloodmodii
Old 04-26-2020 , 20:03   Re: [ANY] Report Demo Recorder
Reply With Quote #31

[SM] Plugin ReportDemoRecorder.smx failed to reload: Required extension "SourceTV Manager" file("sourcetvmanager.ext") not running.
Made sure I did put sourcetvmanager and everything ... its in my folder extensions etc
NanoC
Veteran Member
Old 04-26-2020 , 23:36   Re: [ANY] Report Demo Recorder
Reply With Quote #32

There should be a problem with sourcetvmanager then.
Try this version without sourcetvmanager
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (ReportDemoRecorder.sp - 53 views - 6.5 KB)
File Type: smx ReportDemoRecorder.smx (16.3 KB, 48 views)
Old 04-28-2020 , 20:53   Re: [ANY] Report Demo Recorder
Reply With Quote #33

Hello, very good addon ! Even though the SourceTV manager make my server lag for 3 sec when I stop the record.. I think I'm going to try the version without sourcetv (what advantages does sourcetv bring?)

Do you think it's possible to disable the message when the record start? (or do i see it only because I am admin?) because the cheater for example could easily stop when seeing this message.
NanoC
Veteran Member
Old 04-29-2020 , 03:18   Re: [ANY] Report Demo Recorder
Reply With Quote #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mernwar View Post
Hello, very good addon ! Even though the SourceTV manager make my server lag for 3 sec when I stop the record.. I think I'm going to try the version without sourcetv (what advantages does sourcetv bring?)

Do you think it's possible to disable the message when the record start? (or do i see it only because I am admin?) because the cheater for example could easily stop when seeing this message.
Hey! SourceTVManager is just to make log files into addons/sourcemod/logs/ReportDemoRecorder.log
Try the new version i've uploaded to the github repo. See link in the main post.
There're 2 new CVars:
sm_rdr_publicmsg 1/0 - Print messages when STV start/stop recording? (0 = Disabled | 1 = Enabled [default])
sm_rdr_sourcetvmanager - Enable or disable SourceTVManager? (0 Disabled | 1 = Enabled [default])

Untested! Please take a look and let me know if there's any issue

Last edited by NanoC; 04-29-2020 at 03:20.
Send a message via Skype™ to NanoC
NanoC
Veteran Member
Old 05-16-2020 , 15:44   Re: [ANY] Report Demo Recorder
Reply With Quote #35

Fixed a bug with sourcetvmanager, try the latest version on the github repo!
Old 05-18-2020 , 15:15   Re: [ANY] Report Demo Recorder
Reply With Quote #36

Have you tried running your GOTV with delay to see if the demo will actually start 2 minutes before the recording?

I haven't looked at the code yet, but I currently have a system that uses CallAdmin to receive a report, and trigger (via RCON commands) the demo recording, and basically allows my community to help resolve reports, shows chat messages and players in the demo, and also host the video version of the demo.

For whatever reason, the demo will always start at the beginning of the delay and end at the end of the delay, which is very convenient since I can record what happened before the report.

My question is, would it be hard to upload the demo via HTTP to some server? I'm not very experienced with SM programming, but I think that would be very useful for my system(less moving parts), since I plan on releasing it to the public.
NanoC
Veteran Member
Old 05-30-2020 , 17:58   Re: [ANY] Report Demo Recorder
Reply With Quote #37

I didn't understand what you want exactly
Old 06-01-2020 , 07:49   Re: [ANY] Report Demo Recorder
Reply With Quote #38

1. If you start the server with a 2 minute delay, once a report is created and the demo is recorded, will it start at the beginning of the delay (basically record 2 minutes BEFORE the recording)? This is something that happens when you trigger the recording via commands.

2. Can this plugin upload the demo via HTTP? Would that be hard to add?

I currently trigger recording and download demos via external scripts, and would be much better to do everything with a plugin to avoid having multiple moving parts in a system I have to handle reports with demo recordings.
Siniii
Old 06-04-2020 , 14:46   Re: [ANY] Report Demo Recorder
Reply With Quote #39

Hi is possible to hide message when demo start recording or will be better message only for admins..

Last edited by Siniii; 06-04-2020 at 14:48.
NanoC
Veteran Member
Old 06-04-2020 , 15:01   Re: [ANY] Report Demo Recorder
Reply With Quote #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siniii View Post
Hi is possible to hide message when demo start recording or will be better message only for admins..
Quote:
Originally Posted by NanoC View Post

Cvars

sm_rdr_publicmsg - Print messages when STV start/stop recording? (0 = Disabled | 1 = Enabled [default])