Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Auto Map Change On Empty Server 1.42

Post New Thread Reply   

Plugin Info:     Modification:   ALL        Category:   Server Management        Approver:   Johnny got his gun (102)
twistedeuphoria
Veteran Member
Old 09-01-2004 , 12:43   Auto Map Change On Empty Server 1.42
Reply With Quote #1

This plugin will change maps to one of five defined in cvars if there are zero players connected after a defined amount of time. The map will also change if the only clients in the game have been playing for a certain number of hours, which is set in a cvar, or if your server has only bots in it. You can turn on smart map which will keep a record of rounds played per map and players per round on that map and then when the time comes to change maps it will choose from the top five players/round maps.

Cvars:
amx_nmap1(amx_nmap2,amx_nmap3,amx_nmap4,amx_n map5):Change these to the maps you want the plugin to pick from.
amx_staytime(in seconds): How long before the plugin changes the map.
amx_idletime(in hours): How many hours a player can be connected to the server before being considered idle.
amx_smartmap (default 1) : If you turn this on the plugin will create a list of maps with rounds played and people connected during those rounds. Then when it chooses the maps to go to it picks the top five players/round maps and goes to one of those instead of following the nmap cvars.
Attached Files
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (emptyserver.sma - 6942 views - 4.0 KB)
Old 09-01-2004 , 21:40  
Reply With Quote #2

Fixed amx_randtime cvar, it works now! amx_randtime is an int so whole numbers only. Haven't tried negative numbers but I think it would just never change. Have fun!
azure
Old 09-22-2004 , 01:28  
Reply With Quote #3

hrrrmm.. would like to see it set up so you can define a certain number of players to make the map change. Say, if there are only 4 people on the server at end of a map, it changes to your specified map.

But still a good idea.
our CS:Source server : 66.150.107.6:27015
IRC on Gamesurge @ #NHCS
twistedeuphoria
Veteran Member
Old 09-22-2004 , 01:31  
Reply With Quote #4

So have different maps(or lists of maps) for different amounts of people? I'll work on it when I get a chance.
Old 09-22-2004 , 02:49  
Reply With Quote #5

No, nothing that complicated. Just would like to see it change to a popular map (such as dust2 or whatever map you want) if <or= to X amount of people are left on the server when a certain amount of time is left in the current map.

This way, the plugin would save the server from emptying out. Not wait till the server is already empty.

So lets say crappymap.bsp is up, and people are leaving. It would be nice if the map would change when 6 people or less are left on the server. You would also have to set it up to wait until a certain amount of time is left in the map. Because, its always possible that those 6 people were having a good time playing Scoutzknivez or something.

So, it would be cool if we could define in the plugin:
1. map to change to
2. number of people left on server before changing
3. timeleft in map before changeing

Just some ideas Hope I didn't totally confuse you with my rambling ...
IRC on Gamesurge @ #NHCS
twistedeuphoria
Veteran Member
Old 09-22-2004 , 11:45  
Reply With Quote #6

No, that's pretty clear as to what you want. So would you want the same maps as you put in the main cvars? Or would you like to define a new set of cvars for when there are people on, but not many?
Old 09-22-2004 , 20:27  
Reply With Quote #7

Nah , the same set of maps would be fine I think. I don't see why you would need anymore.

Seems like the majority of these players only really like 2 or 3 maps anyway.
IRC on Gamesurge @ #NHCS
twistedeuphoria
Veteran Member
Old 09-23-2004 , 19:23  
Reply With Quote #8

Added the new cvars in to control map changes.
Added command to change to one of the maps.
Info in first post...

Edit: Oh yeah, cleaned up the sma a bit.

Problems/suggestions?
Old 09-24-2004 , 14:32  
Reply With Quote #9

I will give it a try this weekend, and let you know if there are any issues. I think this sounds like a very useful plugin.

edit: I just threw this up with your default settings, and the server just kept cycling through the 5 maps over and over. They changed every few seconds. I don't have time to mess around with it at the moment. Maybe putting it ahead of nextmap plugin or something may change the way it works. I only had 15 minutes to mess around.
IRC on Gamesurge @ #NHCS
BigBaller
Veteran Member
Old 09-24-2004 , 14:34  
Reply With Quote #10

This plugin seems like it would be a prefect match if configured correctly with with the FakeFull plugin and modules.