Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[TF2] Zombie Fortress Redux - [v1.04 - 12/20/13]

Post New Thread Reply   

exteam
Old 12-18-2013 , 14:48   Re: [TF2] Zombie Fortress Redux - [v1.03]
Reply With Quote #21

Wow, this is a big update. I am confused. Do I need steamtools for the plugin to run fully, or by optional do you mean it will run normally without it?
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-18-2013 , 15:02   Re: [TF2] Zombie Fortress Redux - [v1.03]
Reply With Quote #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by exteam View Post
Wow, this is a big update. I am confused. Do I need steamtools for the plugin to run fully, or by optional do you mean it will run normally without it?
SteamTools is only necessary if you want Zombie Fortress Redux to change the game description in the server browser. (I almost wrote Prop Hunt Redux, whoops)

Which is a good idea because it makes them easier to find.... I forget if you can sort on that field in the server browser or not, but anything other than Team Fortress is going to stand out when you're looking.

Last edited by Powerlord; 12-18-2013 at 15:03.
Donski
Old 12-18-2013 , 17:04   Re: [TF2] Zombie Fortress Redux - [v1.03]
Reply With Quote #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
..I forget if you can sort on that field in the server browser or not
Yes you can.
ktm
Old 12-19-2013 , 15:24   Re: [TF2] Zombie Fortress Redux - [v1.03]
Reply With Quote #24

Quote:
Powerlord pretty much summed it up. Basically, steamtools allows for custom game descriptions to be set.

Also, quick notice to anyone who is running this on their server. Tomorrow (December 20th) will likely be the smissmass update for TF2. That means, a whole bunch of new content and a whole bunch of new weapons (hopefully). Due to that, you should expect Zombie Fortress Redux to be mildly broken until I can publish an update that can handle all the new weapons. This shouldn't take too long, so hopefully I'll be able to have a working update out a within an hour or two of valve's smissmass release. Just keep an eye on this thread!
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-19-2013 , 15:46   Re: [TF2] Zombie Fortress Redux - [v1.03]
Reply With Quote #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktm View Post
Also, quick notice to anyone who is running this on their server. Tomorrow (December 20th) will likely be the smissmass update for TF2. That means, a whole bunch of new content and a whole bunch of new weapons (hopefully). Due to that, you should expect Zombie Fortress Redux to be mildly broken until I can publish an update that can handle all the new weapons. This shouldn't take too long, so hopefully I'll be able to have a working update out a within an hour or two of valve's smissmass release. Just keep an eye on this thread!
It could just as likely be today, seeing as how the Steam Holiday sale just kicked off.

Last edited by Powerlord; 12-19-2013 at 15:47.
ktm
Old 12-20-2013 , 16:23   Re: [TF2] Zombie Fortress Redux - [v1.03]
Reply With Quote #26

edit: ignore that, I'm fixing it now!

Last edited by ktm; 12-21-2013 at 14:47.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-20-2013 , 16:50   Re: [TF2] Zombie Fortress Redux - [v1.03]
Reply With Quote #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktm View Post
Hey everyone, good news!

Zombie fortress redux is 100% working as of 12/20 at 1:24 pm PST. All the new festives are stripped as you would expect. It's a christmas miracle! Seriously though, valve didn't assign new index numbers to the new festives this year (as far as I can tell) and all the new festives are working as they should. So, no need for an update. Enjoy your smissmass everyone!
Yes they did. The new items are item numbers 1078 through 1086. I'm fixing the Prop Hunt config file with the new items now.

Last edited by Powerlord; 12-20-2013 at 17:00.
ktm
Old 12-20-2013 , 18:44   Re: [TF2] Zombie Fortress Redux - [v1.03]
Reply With Quote #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
Yes they did. The new items are item numbers 1078 through 1086. I'm fixing the Prop Hunt config file with the new items now.
You are right. I was looking in the wrong place.

Zombie Fortress Redux v1.04 Released

I've gone ahead and update ZF Redux to version 1.04. in this update I've gone ahead and added support for all the festives added in today's update and I've also added a print to server notification if steamtools or tf2attribtues is missing on the server. You can download the update here attached to this post, or the original post.
Attached Files
File Type: smx zombiefortress_redux.smx (38.1 KB, 116 views)
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (zombiefortress_redux.sp - 123 views - 74.0 KB)
File Type: zip zombiefortress_redux_v1.04_source.zip (68.3 KB, 129 views)
exteam
Old 12-30-2013 , 18:28   Re: [TF2] Zombie Fortress Redux - [v1.03]
Reply With Quote #29

I'm running this on my server, and I guess all the new festives are being stripped? How fix?

Last edited by exteam; 12-30-2013 at 18:28.
ktm
Old 12-30-2013 , 18:49   Re: [TF2] Zombie Fortress Redux - [v1.03]
Reply With Quote #30

Quote:
I'm running this on my server, and I guess all the new festives are being stripped? How fix?
What version of ZF redux are you running? If you are running anything below version 1.04, you'll have this problem. Updating to the newest version should fix your issue!