Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Sm_Skinchooser

Post New Thread Reply   

St00ne
Veteran Member
Old 09-13-2017 , 12:13   Re: Sm_Skinchooser
Reply With Quote #2601

I don't know if it's ok to put everything in custom_player, you have to keep the install folder of the skin.

-My plugins-
soke
Old 09-24-2017 , 18:15   Re: Sm_Skinchooser
Reply With Quote #2602

I'm back! I've been trying for 5 years now to skin my hrc bots unsuccessfully! Andi advised that he'd got them working on a test server 5 years ago with the latest metamod and source mod on a clean install, I've done this but it still crashes the server when the client joins. My question is has anyone actually got this to work? before I spend another 5 years on the project. It's for hl2dm (yes there are still players out there) I'm currently running an instagib mod that seems popular.
andi67
Veteran Member
Old 09-25-2017 , 02:07   Re: Sm_Skinchooser
Reply With Quote #2603

Ah , yeah it´s a long time ago since I checked that , I can´t really remember if it worked correctly but your server crash could be related to something other , checked it without bots ?
soke
Old 09-25-2017 , 18:40   Re: Sm_Skinchooser
Reply With Quote #2604

hmmm! I have three servers working perfectly and they have done for over 5 years so now with metamod 1.10.7 and sourcemod 1.8.0 hrcbots 1.3.4 run great but skinchooser 2.5dm doesn't work with them or without them and here's the rub 2.3dm copied directly from working servers also wont run "exception reported: invalid handle 0" is the reason. I have no other plugins or eventscripts, nothing just a bare server with source and metamod...my other servers have shed loads of stuff and run fantastic!
andi67
Veteran Member
Old 09-26-2017 , 02:25   Re: Sm_Skinchooser
Reply With Quote #2605

Checked 2.3 and it works like it should , maybe you missed some files or havn´t writtten the pats correctly , errorlogs ?
soke
Old 09-26-2017 , 12:59   Re: Sm_Skinchooser
Reply With Quote #2606

metamod vdf file was incorrect! So 2.3 runs with hrcbots but I knew that anyway 3 servers with it on.

with a fresh install and only metamod and sourcemod running as you suggested on page 136( I think) 2.5 skinchooser on server with hrcbots runs but crashes client on connection.

Trying to replicate your success
TrappaTroopa
Old 09-27-2017 , 00:14   Re: Sm_Skinchooser
Reply With Quote #2607

I am setting this up for the first time. I think I have everything set right. However, when I select a model it changes the model but not the arms. But if I select the same model again it'll set the arms correctly.
Anybody know how to fix this issue?

Last edited by TrappaTroopa; 09-27-2017 at 00:49.
andi67
Veteran Member
Old 09-27-2017 , 03:33   Re: Sm_Skinchooser
Reply With Quote #2608

Quote:
metamod vdf file was incorrect! So 2.3 runs with hrcbots but I knew that anyway 3 servers with it on.

with a fresh install and only metamod and sourcemod running as you suggested on page 136( I think) 2.5 skinchooser on server with hrcbots runs but crashes client on connection.

Trying to replicate your success
Checked 2.5 that was never an official version , seems like you´re right and it crashes the clients , I have a version on my PC that seems to work correctly but I could not find the SP so I give you a link to download the smx-file later.
soke
Old 09-27-2017 , 07:04   Re: Sm_Skinchooser
Reply With Quote #2609

phew thought I was going mad! thanks for your interest. when I get the files I'll report back.
sHoC
Old 09-27-2017 , 07:50   Re: Sm_Skinchooser
Reply With Quote #2610

Quote:
Originally Posted by andi67 View Post
Checked 2.5 that was never an official version , seems like you´re right and it crashes the clients , I have a version on my PC that seems to work correctly but I could not find the SP so I give you a link to download the smx-file later.
hello andi, quick question, if Im using force player skins, I can still set the arms for the teams?