Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

CSGO: Advertisements/Color Help

Post New Thread Reply   

YourMomSE
Old 09-06-2014 , 18:03   CSGO: Advertisements/Color Help
Reply With Quote #1

Hey guys, I am having trouble with the whole advertisements thing. I can run the plugin fine but its all about the colors...I have a few colors that work but what I am hoping is that someone out there has a colors.inc file with all the correct colors in it and like advertisements 0.6 which uses it, and compiled with the right colors. Basically only a few colors default, red, green, olive, and blue(kindof) work on my servers. I have attached the 0.6 .sp file and have tried compiling with numerous colors.inc files I have found on here.

What would be nice is someone to post a functional 0.6 Advertisements .smx with all the different colors working ;) and also maybe tell me what to do to get colors showing up in hint messages, so I can show a hint on joining like I do with the server name and website but with colored text like many other servers like fragshack do.

Trust me when I say I have looked around quite a bit and tried alot of things to get where I am, but when it comes to the coding in plugins I have some knowledge enough to get around but not enough to rewrite the files. If someone is willing to post an Advertisements 0.6 .smx with all the colors like grey orange yellow etc, with working hint message colors I would be extraordinarily grateful!

Or maybe after looking some more, this plugin which is written using smlib, seeing how they have a colors api. Idk im just speculating

Last edited by YourMomSE; 09-06-2014 at 18:09.
Old 09-12-2014 , 09:35   Re: CSGO: Advertisements/Color Help
Reply With Quote #2

hi ,u need this.

Download it and put it to
PHP Code:
sourcemod/scripting/include 
and open your advertistment sourcecode, change
PHP Code:
#include<morecolors> 
to
PHP Code:
#include<csgocolors> 
and done
Attached Files
File Type: inc csgocolors.inc (13.0 KB, 528 views)

Last edited by 694372459; 09-12-2014 at 09:41.
YourMomSE
Old 09-15-2014 , 01:31   Re: CSGO: Advertisements/Color Help
Reply With Quote #3

If you wouldn't mind, can you post the advertisements.sp file your using? I compiled using that file, (changing morecolors to csgocolors, i put the file in my sourcemod directory locally and compiled, drag and drop onto spcomp, and generated the .smx file, put the file in my plugins folder on the server, and i put csgocolors.inc in my server's includes folder, though im pretty sure that doesn't matter since its compiled).

What is happening now is certain colors aren't working, and some show up different, like i tried pink and its purple, i tried yellow and its like an offgreen color....and the hint/alert messages dont show up in color, and the using {default} or {default} doesn't change the color back to white at all anymore lol.

If your using this, can u just throw me an .smx file and the advertisements.txt file that your using? Because this whole thing is driving me nuts lol

EDIT: I assumed that you were talking about modifying the advertisements 0.7 .sp file which is the plugin that uses morecolors.inc

Last edited by YourMomSE; 09-15-2014 at 01:33.
ESK0
BANNED
Old 09-17-2014 , 18:23   Re: CSGO: Advertisements/Color Help
Reply With Quote #4

It needs some changes for welcome message )
[CS:GO] Automatic Messages | Multi-Language Support!

Last edited by ESK0; 09-17-2014 at 18:24.
YourMomSE
Old 09-18-2014 , 03:09   Re: CSGO: Advertisements/Color Help
Reply With Quote #5

Yeah, needs a few changes for like different message types, like hint messages are really the only other one i need to use...like a welcome hint message type with colors
ESK0
BANNED
Old 09-18-2014 , 04:30   Re: CSGO: Advertisements/Color Help
Reply With Quote #6

HintMessage doesnt works with colors maybe i will add message types in future If u have some more ideas. Let me know.
Maxximou5
AlliedModders Donor
Old 09-18-2014 , 20:24   Re: CSGO: Advertisements/Color Help
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESK0 View Post
HintMessage doesnt works with colors maybe i will add message types in future If u have some more ideas. Let me know.
It does work with colors, but you need to use HTML code for that to be possible.
Such as:
Code:
PrintHintText(client, "This next word has <font color='#FF0000'>color</font>");
YourMomSE
Old 09-19-2014 , 14:06   Re: CSGO: Advertisements/Color Help
Reply With Quote #8

Yeah sorry, I meant alert message, not hint message....Like a welcome alert saying Welcome to server, check us out at something.com using colors for server and something.com