Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[CS:GO] Multi-1v1 (v1.1.10, 2021-10-30)

Post New Thread Reply   

DrumZ
Old 08-25-2014 , 01:11   Re: [CS:GO] Multi-1v1 (v0.5.2, 2014-7-19)
Reply With Quote #261

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindexg View Post
I also have kinda strange error.

After server running a few maps something happens and nobody is able to connect to the server. (i'm not if this plugin is responsible for that)

I get this error
GameTypes: could not find matching game type "".
CSysSessionClient: Unable to get session information from host

__

I guess it is steam responsible for that
Have you found a solution? I'm running into the same problem using the workshop map group that was provided in the OP.
lindexg
Old 08-25-2014 , 03:02   Re: [CS:GO] Multi-1v1 (v0.5.2, 2014-7-19)
Reply With Quote #262

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumZ View Post
Have you found a solution? I'm running into the same problem using the workshop map group that was provided in the OP.
Server restart helps, didn't find other solutions
lindexg
Old 08-25-2014 , 12:34   Re: [CS:GO] Multi-1v1 (v0.5.2, 2014-7-19)
Reply With Quote #263

getting this error all day, I'm not sure now if it's steam responsible for that

Quote:
GameTypes: could not find matching game type "".
CSysSessionClient: Unable to get session information from host
ghostofmybrain
Veteran Member
Old 08-25-2014 , 15:12   Re: [CS:GO] Multi-1v1 (v0.5.2, 2014-7-19)
Reply With Quote #264

Quote:
getting this error all day, I'm not sure now if it's steam responsible for that
That's unrelated to the plugin. This is a huge issue on Valve's part that they have not fixed yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ejziponken View Post
You linked me to my own thread. As you can see, there has been no solution presented that fixes the issue.

To splewis: Do have plans to incorporate something similar to Always Weapon Skins? This is the number 1 requested feature on my server, and while I can certainly fix the issue with yet another plugin, having native support would certainly be quite popular.

Last edited by ghostofmybrain; 08-25-2014 at 15:17.
splewis
Veteran Member
Old 08-25-2014 , 15:31   Re: [CS:GO] Multi-1v1 (v0.5.2, 2014-7-19)
Reply With Quote #265

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostofmybrain View Post
To splewis: Do have plans to incorporate something similar to Always Weapon Skins? This is the number 1 requested feature on my server, and while I can certainly fix the issue with yet another plugin, having native support would certainly be quite popular.
Good question. I've experimented with some things, but haven't really gotten anything working.

I believe I tried running that plugin with the multi1v1 plugin on my private server and it began crashing when there were multiple players on the server - similar things happened when I tried to give the other types of knifes.

A related issue is the p2k/usp weirdness. You get whichever one you selected in the menu on T, but you get your inventory-selected one on CT. Oddly enough, the same doesn't happen with M4 choices. You always get the one you selected in the guns menu.

A brief look at h3bus' deathmatch plugin made me suspect getting all the kinks with weapons worked out may be a relatively involved task.

The weapon-giving logic is <20 lines right now (https://github.com/splewis/csgo-mult...atives.sp#L121), and I imagine it might have to get a whole lot longer to get that stuff added.
Old 08-25-2014 , 18:20   Re: [CS:GO] Multi-1v1 (v0.5.2, 2014-7-19)
Reply With Quote #266

I don't know if this has been posted before, I haven't read the entire thread, but as for the gametypes problem, I have my server set at Classic Casual, and all I had to change was the maplist.txt, mapcycle.txt, and gamemodes_server.txt ...in gamemodes_server.txt I just changed the mapgroupsMP to "mg_arena" under "casual" which i have set as the mapgroup at the bottom....I have attached my gamemodes_server.txt file in this post for everyone having problems, hope that helps you guys out. The one major problem I have seen with this gamemodes_server.txt file is that the example file they give you to rename and use has errors. Mine had to extra brackets in the file that was causing the whole file to not execute at all. The one I have linked is the one im running currently on my server which works fine.

Another thing I noticed is that sometimes you get weird errors on map change for no reason (thanks volvo), but what has basically solved every problem is having all my maps connected to a webserver for FastDL....for whatever reason when i set this up the other night, nobody ever had an issue getting the map or crashing....

The one question I have for splewis or anyone else, "I am not an expert, im just getting going in this server creation and hosting process", but the only thing that is not happening in the server is that it does not say in chat "Type !stats etc to see your stats" and "Type guns, to select your guns" like it does in your video and in other arena servers ive tried.....Am i missing something simple or is there like a file I need?

Also thanks a bunch of this plugin, it is amazing and runs so easy on first install...
Attached Files
File Type: txt gamemodes_server.txt (3.3 KB, 123 views)

Last edited by YourMomSE; 08-25-2014 at 18:22. Reason: woops forgot to attach the file...hehe
lindexg
Old 08-25-2014 , 19:51   Re: [CS:GO] Multi-1v1 (v0.5.2, 2014-7-19)
Reply With Quote #267

some ideas

1. May be it is dumb, but it would be cool if the top players on the server could have something like
[arena #] username [TOP X] for like top 10 players. I think, it should be able to be turned off by the player.

2. Knife option dueling.

3. Disallow pistol at awp rounds (but you probably know that issue).

4. To be able to choose a different pistol for pistol rounds (ex: cz with weapons rounds and usp for pistol duels).

5. Players get kinda bored, when they do a fast kill in like 3 first seconds of the round and they don't have anything to do for next 15 seconds. I have not great ideas how to fix that (again, may be this is dumb, but they could be switched to another arena (by desc), where the fight still goes and they get invisible skin, so they don't disturb other players (players should be able to turn this off).

6. /top15 command, that will send to chat top 15 player.

Last edited by lindexg; 08-25-2014 at 19:54.
splewis
Veteran Member
Old 08-25-2014 , 20:19   Re: [CS:GO] Multi-1v1 (v0.5.2, 2014-7-19)
Reply With Quote #268

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourMomSE View Post
The one question I have for splewis or anyone else, "I am not an expert, im just getting going in this server creation and hosting process", but the only thing that is not happening in the server is that it does not say in chat "Type !stats etc to see your stats" and "Type guns, to select your guns" like it does in your video and in other arena servers ive tried.....Am i missing something simple or is there like a file I need?

Also thanks a bunch of this plugin, it is amazing and runs so easy on first install...
I wrote a super-simple plugin to do messages like that for me. I'd suggest using https://forums.alliedmods.net/showth...55705?t=155705 though.

I only use a tiny custom one to do different messages for donators, etc.

I'm not interesting in adding messages like that to the plugin itself, they've been written x1000 times before and are just more to maintain.

Quote:
some ideas

1. May be it is dumb, but it would be cool if the top players on the server could have something like
[arena #] username [TOP X] for like top 10 players. I think, it should be able to be turned off by the player.

2. Knife option dueling.

3. Disallow pistol at awp rounds (but you probably know that issue).

4. To be able to choose a different pistol for pistol rounds (ex: cz with weapons rounds and usp for pistol duels).

5. Players get kinda bored, when they do a fast kill in like 3 first seconds of the round and they don't have anything to do for next 15 seconds. I have not great ideas how to fix that (again, may be this is dumb, but they could be switched to another arena (by desc), where the fight still goes and they get invisible skin, so they don't disturb other players (players should be able to turn this off).

6. /top15 command, that will send to chat top 15 player.
1. I kinda like it

3. There's a new cvar to do that for the next release

4. I'm not a fan of long menus, so probably not

6. Probably not going to add it myself. Others are free to contribute if they want it.

-----------------

I've been thinking it might be possible to decouple the round type logic quite a bit if the guns choices weren't so entangled. For example, a rifle round depends on two choices - pistol/rifle choice.

If only the rifle was given on rifle rounds, and only the pistol on pistol rounds... it would be a lot simpler to add an API to add custom round types.

That said, I personally think any other round types is silly, and not part of my vision at all. Thus, unless someone really wants to work on it, it probably won't be happening.

Last edited by splewis; 08-25-2014 at 20:25.
YourMomSE
Old 08-25-2014 , 21:07   Re: [CS:GO] Multi-1v1 (v0.5.2, 2014-7-19)
Reply With Quote #269

Hey thanks man for the post, I was wondering if there was a plugin for this or if I was just missing something. This will help out a ton for my other servers as well.
lindexg
Old 08-26-2014 , 11:00   Re: [CS:GO] Multi-1v1 (v0.5.2, 2014-7-19)
Reply With Quote #270

I have kmy db for stats on kinda cheap and bad server. At the end of the round sometimes the server lags (like for 2 seconds feels like the server is dead). So I'm asking: are the rankings stats getting uploaded to db at the end of the round (so I can get a new one and solve the probleme) or does it lag for some other reason? It also goes rebooting sometimes when the server full...