Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Is it still possible to mod Left4Dead to play with more than 4 players

Post New Thread Reply   

WilnarMasonik
BANNED
Old 08-26-2022 , 02:55   Is it still possible to mod Left4Dead to play with more than 4 players
Reply With Quote #1

I came across Left 4 Downtown a while ago, a mod which allows you to play the game coop with up to 18 players.

Sadly the community seems to be way more knowledgeable with these kinds of things than I am and there aren't many guides on the topic.

I found this relatively easy guide on how to set up the mod (inc. SourceMod and MetaMod) to host the game for friends, without a dedicated server, which would be great for me. Sadly it didn't work (in the 3. step he says to load a map, so that the game fully loads source MoD, so that the " l4d_maxplayers 18" console command is then useable, which did not work. The command was still unknown and many more users in the comment section seemed to have the problem).

So after this I tried out guides with dedicated servers, guide 1 and guide 2

They were relatively easy to follow and after combining both of them (and also learning about steam server tokens thanks to a friend) I managed to get a dedicated server running on which me and my friends were able to connect - but after 4 players, no more could join... So I basically did it all for nothing...

Does anyone know if there is a way to enable more than 4 player slots and does anyone have a good guide to set it up?

Cheers!

Last edited by WilnarMasonik; 08-26-2022 at 02:55.
gabuch2
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-26-2022 , 10:26   Re: Is it still possible to mod Left4Dead to play with more than 4 players
Reply With Quote #2

You need L4DToolZ