Raised This Month: $18 Target: $400
 4% 

[L4D2] Gifts Drop & Spawn


Post New Thread Reply   
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Aceleracion
Member
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Ecuador
Old 11-13-2017 , 23:56   Re: [L4D2] Gifts Drop & Spawn
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by alejandrosc View Post
Hey bro thanks for shared this great plugin. I will public a quick update for the last syntax
Thanks bro I'll post it in the main thread
__________________
by Aceleración
To succeed in your goals, use your true potential
Aceleracion is offline
Aceleracion
Member
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Ecuador
Old 11-13-2017 , 23:57   Re: [L4D2] Gifts Drop & Spawn
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight9 View Post
Hi, interesting plugin. Im wondering if its possible to add an option where player collects gift for killing SI gets random weapon or item from configurable weapons/items list? Also any chance that an admin can control whats in gift when using sm_gift? Like it would be cool if an admin could drop gifts with desired items/weapons for example sm_gift katana.
Regards

Of course, I liked your idea, I'll publish these commands soon.
__________________
by Aceleración
To succeed in your goals, use your true potential
Aceleracion is offline
midnight9
Senior Member
Join Date: Nov 2012
Old 11-14-2017 , 02:21   Re: [L4D2] Gifts Drop & Spawn
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceleracion View Post
Of course, I liked your idea, I'll publish these commands soon.
Great! One more thing, it would be good if you could also add cvar for max gifts drop per round or map. So gifts will be droping untill X number of gifts are collected by survivors.
midnight9 is offline
Striker black
Member
Join Date: Apr 2013
Old 11-15-2017 , 18:28   Re: [L4D2] Gifts Drop & Spawn
Reply With Quote #14

The plugin works very well but nevertheless I have this record

L 11/15/2017 - 12:10:17: [l4d2_gifts.smx] Databases.cfg missing 'l4dstats' entry!
L 11/15/2017 - 12:10:17: [l4d2_gifts.smx] Connecting to database failed. Read error log for further details.
L 11/15/2017 - 12:10:17: [l4d2_gifts.smx] [GIFTS] Not database found. Points is disabled

I had to disable "l4dstats" so that it does not show this error.
_____________________________________________ ______________________


Last edited by Striker black; 01-11-2019 at 15:00.
Striker black is offline
Aceleracion
Member
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Ecuador
Old 11-15-2017 , 20:29   Re: [L4D2] Gifts Drop & Spawn
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striker black View Post
The plugin works very well but nevertheless I have this record

L 11/15/2017 - 12:10:17: [l4d2_gifts.smx] Databases.cfg missing 'l4dstats' entry!
L 11/15/2017 - 12:10:17: [l4d2_gifts.smx] Connecting to database failed. Read error log for further details.
L 11/15/2017 - 12:10:17: [l4d2_gifts.smx] [GIFTS] Not database found. Points is disabled

I had to disable "l4dstats" so that it does not show this error.
_____________________________________________ ______________________

Well that error will come out because it does not have a database with that name, as I said this plugin is to earn points to collect the gifts and save them somewhere, but the plugin works normally. The errors you print do not mean that the plugin failed or does not work correctly; but if you is from people who do not like to see errors in their .log files, I could update the plugin
__________________
by Aceleración
To succeed in your goals, use your true potential

Last edited by Aceleracion; 11-15-2017 at 20:31.
Aceleracion is offline
ricksfishin
Senior Member
Join Date: Oct 2017
Old 11-15-2017 , 21:14   Re: [L4D2] Gifts Drop & Spawn
Reply With Quote #16

I got all files where they need to go plugin works fine not got database part figured out. But i am not looking for points. Problem i got no matter how i try i cannot get it to compile server side. I do get a lot of errors also no database found. Thanks

Last edited by ricksfishin; 11-15-2017 at 21:16.
ricksfishin is offline
phoenix0001
Senior Member
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: China
Old 11-15-2017 , 21:24   Re: [L4D2] Gifts Drop & Spawn
Reply With Quote #17

I do not have a database, so can cancel the point, just pick up the gift?
What is the point of use, I do not understand?

Is this point disabled?

// Points for take a gift standard (animals and other objects). Disabled if there is not database
// -
// Default: "10"
// Minimum: "1.000000"
l4d2_gifts_pointsE "0"

// Points for take a gift special. Disabled if there is not database
// -
// Default: "20"
// Minimum: "1.000000"
l4d2_gifts_pointsS "0"
__________________
I like this BBS sharing of spirit

I come from China, my English is poor
phoenix0001 is offline
Aceleracion
Member
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Ecuador
Old 11-15-2017 , 22:27   Re: [L4D2] Gifts Drop & Spawn
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricksfishin View Post
I got all files where they need to go plugin works fine not got database part figured out. But i am not looking for points. Problem i got no matter how i try i cannot get it to compile server side. I do get a lot of errors also no database found. Thanks
Well, I do not have problems compiling. Can you send me what mistakes you get?
__________________
by Aceleración
To succeed in your goals, use your true potential
Aceleracion is offline
ricksfishin
Senior Member
Join Date: Oct 2017
Old 11-15-2017 , 22:43   Re: [L4D2] Gifts Drop & Spawn
Reply With Quote #19

[l4d2_gifts.smx] Databases.cfg missing 'l4dstats' entry!
L 11/15/2017 - 20:06:14: [l4d2_gifts.smx] Connecting to database failed. Read error log for further details.
L 11/15/2017 - 20:06:14: [l4d2_gifts.smx] [GIFTS] Not database found. Points is disabled
L 11/15/2017 - 20:06:15: Error log file session closed.

I put all inc files in include folder. smx in plugin folder. change sp drag to spcomp but nothing happens. does not produce a smx.Thanks

Last edited by ricksfishin; 11-15-2017 at 22:53.
ricksfishin is offline
Aceleracion
Member
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Ecuador
Old 11-15-2017 , 22:44   Re: [L4D2] Gifts Drop & Spawn
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix0001 View Post
I do not have a database, so can cancel the point, just pick up the gift?
What is the point of use, I do not understand?

Is this point disabled?

// Points for take a gift standard (animals and other objects). Disabled if there is not database
// -
// Default: "10"
// Minimum: "1.000000"
l4d2_gifts_pointsE "0"

// Points for take a gift special. Disabled if there is not database
// -
// Default: "20"
// Minimum: "1.000000"
l4d2_gifts_pointsS "0"
Sure. If you do not have a database to save the points or do not want to use, the points are deactivated and only the standard gift is collected. The special gift you get points plus a special weapon that is chosen randomly from this list of weapons:
Code:
rifle ak47
rifle m60
machete
knife
katana
baseball bat
grenade launcher
sniper awp
The goal of this is to make players compete when collecting gifts, more if they are special gifts. The current servers of left 4 dead 2 have this plugin or something similar. It does not make sense to give points if you do not have where to save them or use them in any way, that's why I deactivated it if a database is not found. It could be said that it is a complement to the plugins where points are used (Player Stats, Buy System, etc). I shared this plugin that I made for my server.

If you want you can leave ideas to improve my plugin when it is unoccupied. Thank you.
__________________
by Aceleración
To succeed in your goals, use your true potential
Aceleracion is offline
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 17:21.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Theme made by Freecode