Raised This Month: $18 Target: $400
 4% 

[L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v8.95, 8-25-2022)


Post New Thread Reply   
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Psyk0tik
Veteran Member
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Homeless
Old 03-22-2022 , 07:36   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v8.90, 2-1-2022)
Reply With Quote #1281

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcd222 View Post
My bad for that, but even with that smashers still don't spawn in tanks playground.
You didn't specify the right values for "Finale Types".

In your post, this is what you put:
PHP Code:
"Mutant Tanks"
{
    
"Plugin Settings"
    
{
        
"Waves"
        
{
            
"Finale Types"                "67"
        
}
    }

Which the plugin reads as:
PHP Code:
"Mutant Tanks"
{
    
"Plugin Settings"
    
{
        
"Waves"
        
{
            
"Finale Types"                "67-0,0-0,0-0,0-0,0-0,0-0,0-0,0-0,0-0,0-0,0-0"
        
}
    }

You'll want to set the value of "Finale Types" to this:
PHP Code:
"Mutant Tanks"
{
    
"Plugin Settings"
    
{
        
"Waves"
        
{
            
"Finale Types"                "67-67,67-67,67-67,67-67,67-67,67-67,67-67,67-67,67-67,67-67,67-67"
        
}
    }

Be sure to view the information for each setting you plan to use, which includes the syntax for their values.
__________________
Psyk0tik is offline
Psyk0tik
Veteran Member
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Homeless
Old 03-23-2022 , 22:58   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v8.90, 2-1-2022)
Reply With Quote #1282

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuzumi View Post
Yes..
Try the latest commit. I haven't tested the new logic for the Warp ability that much. The spawn mode and glow setting issues should now be fixed though.
__________________
Psyk0tik is offline
yuzumi
Member
Join Date: Jul 2020
Old 03-24-2022 , 05:23   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v8.90, 2-1-2022)
Reply With Quote #1283

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyk0tik View Post
Try the latest commit. I haven't tested the new logic for the Warp ability that much. The spawn mode and glow setting issues should now be fixed though.
Thanks Psyk0tik.. It work!
yuzumi is offline
xcd222
Junior Member
Join Date: Mar 2022
Old 03-24-2022 , 20:58   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v8.90, 2-1-2022)
Reply With Quote #1284

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyk0tik View Post
You didn't specify the right values for "Finale Types".

In your post, this is what you put:
PHP Code:
"Mutant Tanks"
{
    
"Plugin Settings"
    
{
        
"Waves"
        
{
            
"Finale Types"                "67"
        
}
    }

Which the plugin reads as:
PHP Code:
"Mutant Tanks"
{
    
"Plugin Settings"
    
{
        
"Waves"
        
{
            
"Finale Types"                "67-0,0-0,0-0,0-0,0-0,0-0,0-0,0-0,0-0,0-0,0-0"
        
}
    }

You'll want to set the value of "Finale Types" to this:
PHP Code:
"Mutant Tanks"
{
    
"Plugin Settings"
    
{
        
"Waves"
        
{
            
"Finale Types"                "67-67,67-67,67-67,67-67,67-67,67-67,67-67,67-67,67-67,67-67,67-67"
        
}
    }

Be sure to view the information for each setting you plan to use, which includes the syntax for their values.
Thank you very much for that. It finally worked as intended that I no longer need to keep editing mutant_tanks.cfg!
xcd222 is offline
Al3xander
Junior Member
Join Date: May 2016
Old 03-25-2022 , 17:22   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v8.90, 2-1-2022)
Reply With Quote #1285

Inching closer to update 9.0
Al3xander is offline
xcd222
Junior Member
Join Date: Mar 2022
Old 03-27-2022 , 19:59   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v8.90, 2-1-2022)
Reply With Quote #1286

Hey Psyk0tik, I am planning to make another custom config using the number of human survivors. I want to make the same style as of superversus where for every 5th survivor and counting, an additional 25% HP will be added to the tank. Could you please help me with the syntax of these convars below because I can't understand on what to put inside them. Like on "Minimum Humans" I want to set it to 5, but where do I add the 125% tank hp multiplier?
PHP Code:
// The number of human survivors required for the "Multiply Health" setting to take effect.
            // Note: This setting overrides the same setting under the "Plugin Settings/Health" section.
            // Note: This setting can be overridden for specific players.
            // --
            // Minimum: 1
            // Maximum: 32
            // --
            // 1: OFF, no health multiplication. (Health * 1)
            // 2-32: ON, the number of human survivors required to multiply Tank health. (Health * X)
            
"Minimum Humans"            "0"
            
// Multiply the Mutant Tank's health.
            // Note: Health multiplication only occurs when the requirement for the "Minimum Humans" setting is met.
            // Note: This setting overrides the same setting under the "Plugin Settings/Health" section.
            // Note: This setting can be overridden for specific players.
            // --
            // 0: No changes to health.
            // 1: Multiply original health only.
            // 2: Multiply extra health only.
            // 3: Multiply both.
            
"Multiply Health"            "0" 
xcd222 is offline
Psyk0tik
Veteran Member
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Homeless
Old 03-28-2022 , 11:10   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v8.90, 2-1-2022)
Reply With Quote #1287

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcd222 View Post
Hey Psyk0tik, I am planning to make another custom config using the number of human survivors. I want to make the same style as of superversus where for every 5th survivor and counting, an additional 25% HP will be added to the tank. Could you please help me with the syntax of these convars below because I can't understand on what to put inside them. Like on "Minimum Humans" I want to set it to 5, but where do I add the 125% tank hp multiplier?
PHP Code:
// The number of human survivors required for the "Multiply Health" setting to take effect.
            // Note: This setting overrides the same setting under the "Plugin Settings/Health" section.
            // Note: This setting can be overridden for specific players.
            // --
            // Minimum: 1
            // Maximum: 32
            // --
            // 1: OFF, no health multiplication. (Health * 1)
            // 2-32: ON, the number of human survivors required to multiply Tank health. (Health * X)
            
"Minimum Humans"            "0"
            
// Multiply the Mutant Tank's health.
            // Note: Health multiplication only occurs when the requirement for the "Minimum Humans" setting is met.
            // Note: This setting overrides the same setting under the "Plugin Settings/Health" section.
            // Note: This setting can be overridden for specific players.
            // --
            // 0: No changes to health.
            // 1: Multiply original health only.
            // 2: Multiply extra health only.
            // 3: Multiply both.
            
"Multiply Health"            "0" 
The "Minimum Humans" setting is the multiplier based on the number of human survivors. There's no setting for health multiplier based on a percentage value. The "Multiply Health" setting just determines how the health multiplier works.

I can probably add a "Health Multiplier" setting or something. The formula will then be like this: Health * Human count * Health multiplier

So once I add that new setting, you would set "Minimum Humans" to "5" and "Health Multiplier" to "1.25" to adjust the health for 5+ players.
__________________

Last edited by Psyk0tik; 03-28-2022 at 11:12.
Psyk0tik is offline
xcd222
Junior Member
Join Date: Mar 2022
Old 03-28-2022 , 21:32   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v8.90, 2-1-2022)
Reply With Quote #1288

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyk0tik View Post
The "Minimum Humans" setting is the multiplier based on the number of human survivors. There's no setting for health multiplier based on a percentage value. The "Multiply Health" setting just determines how the health multiplier works.

I can probably add a "Health Multiplier" setting or something. The formula will then be like this: Health * Human count * Health multiplier

So once I add that new setting, you would set "Minimum Humans" to "5" and "Health Multiplier" to "1.25" to adjust the health for 5+ players.
The way I see it, shouldn't you add the "Human count" to the Tank's HP multiplier but rather just make it a requirement to allow tank hp adjustment?

I am thinking more like

if human survivor count = 5
Health * Health multiplier.

If you put in the "Minimum Humans" to the formula, the tanks would gain too much HP if more people keeps coming in to my server. Imagine if a tank's hp is 8000 and if "Minimum Humans" is 5, that will make it a 40k hp tank which would be too much. If I set it even higher, the tanks would have a monstrous hp.

Also, I'll be looking forward for you to make a health multiplier setting. Thank you!

Last edited by xcd222; 03-28-2022 at 22:52.
xcd222 is offline
Psyk0tik
Veteran Member
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Homeless
Old 03-29-2022 , 00:01   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v8.90, 2-1-2022)
Reply With Quote #1289

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcd222 View Post
The way I see it, shouldn't you add the "Human count" to the Tank's HP multiplier but rather just make it a requirement to allow tank hp adjustment?

I am thinking more like

if human survivor count = 5
Health * Health multiplier.

If you put in the "Minimum Humans" to the formula, the tanks would gain too much HP if more people keeps coming in to my server. Imagine if a tank's hp is 8000 and if "Minimum Humans" is 5, that will make it a 40k hp tank which would be too much. If I set it even higher, the tanks would have a monstrous hp.

Also, I'll be looking forward for you to make a health multiplier setting. Thank you!
Oh I see what you mean. I got confused because you said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by xcd222 View Post
[...] where for every 5th survivor and counting, an additional 25% HP will be added to the tank.
I missed the "added" part and thought you meant that once the 5th survivor joins, the Tank HP will be multiplied instead by (X * 0.25) where X = survivor count.

I guess I'll have to add another setting, something like "Human Multiplier Mode" which will have 2 options:
1. The current mode - Health * Survivor count * Percentage multiplier
2. New mode - Health + (Survivor count * Percentage multiplier)

Reason for this is to maintain the current mode in case users prefer that over the one you're asking for.
__________________
Psyk0tik is offline
xcd222
Junior Member
Join Date: Mar 2022
Old 03-29-2022 , 07:57   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v8.90, 2-1-2022)
Reply With Quote #1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyk0tik View Post
2. New mode - Health + (Survivor count * Percentage multiplier)
I don't think this will follow the same formula as superversus. If you keep adding the "Minimum human survivors" it won't follow the superversus formula to adjust the tank's hp. You should just set the survivor count as a parameter to allow tank hp adjustment.

For example,

Tank's hp at normal is 4000. If there are a total of 8 human survivors, we want to 2x its hp. I don't know about sourcemod coding but I will do my best to explain it via coding. So I am thinking more like

PHP Code:
if(Minimum Humans 8)
{
Adjusted Tank HP Tank HP 200%// which is 8000 = 4000 * 200%

If we will follow your formula, this will be the result
PHP Code:
if(Minimum Humans 8)
{
Adjusted Tank HP Tank HP + (200%)// 4016 = 4000 + (16)

xcd222 is offline
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 15:40.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Theme made by Freecode