Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-13-17)

Post New Thread Reply   

thewintersoldier97
Old 11-14-2021 , 23:29   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-13-17)
Reply With Quote #561

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav View Post
Last post I'll make, since I believe every single aspect of my server is ironed out except for one thing,

I know it's pretty normal for it to happen, half of the survivors being "killed" as soon as the campaign ends so that 4 live, but I wonder if there's any way to circumvent that, any plugins directly causing it or a plugin to prevent it from happening.
Try searching this post.

Looking for some fun!
kot4404
Old 12-01-2021 , 14:57   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-13-17)
Reply With Quote #562

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowysn View Post
Here's a version of ABM with (somewhat untested) L4D1 support. Other than that, not much else except for displaying the health on incapped players on the ABM menu and moving it to Left 4 Dhooks instead of Left 4 Downtown.

The gamedata included here works with the latest L4D2 (and L4D1!), unlike the main post.
I think the newest update broke it, l4d2 characters randomly appearing in l4d1 maps and scoreboard is empty
thewintersoldier97
Old 12-02-2021 , 03:10   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-13-17)
Reply With Quote #563

Quote:
Originally Posted by kot4404 View Post
I think the newest update broke it, l4d2 characters randomly appearing in l4d1 maps and scoreboard is empty
Today update? I just get in my sv and tested seem like ABM is still running fine. Are you sure you haven't change any setting or something.
About the scoreboard, of course L4D2 characters will not appear in it on L4D1 maps and vice versa.

Looking for some fun!
TomDaBomb
Old 12-05-2021 , 08:22   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-13-17)
Reply With Quote #564

k im having problems getting the current SuperVersus plugin version to run on a Linux l4d2 server, so i was gonna give ABM a try to replace the player count management on our DG Coop servers

---

just wanted to check a few things if any other users know and could throw me a reply msg, or the developing author is even better

Does this ABM plugin have built-in / coded-in functionality to fix the 4 main bugs that come from adding more than the standard # of players in a Coop L4D2 match?
---------------------------------------------------------------

1 - Mixing of Player Identities, on safehouse ending to spawning into the next chapter, or when multiple people go into Idle mode with the Take Break Option

2 - Witch Attacks in L4D1 maps, or with more than 8 players in L4D2 maps, the witch will often mix up the players that have the same base survivor model, so is that identification fixed in the ABM plugin? or would you still need to use ABM and the compatible version of SuperVersus so you can also use the SuperVersus Identity Fix?

3 - Chargers cant bowl through more than 4 or 5 Survivors till they start getting stuck mid charge attck animation

4 - Defibrillator to Revive a dead Survivor, again this item sometimes mixes up players with the same Survivor character model and ID, sometimes causing the dead player to stay dead, and instead a matching currently alive survivor to be teleported to the defib spot and spawn as if they just got revived, which causes to lose all their gear
Shadowysn
Old 12-05-2021 , 08:49   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-13-17)
Reply With Quote #565

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomDaBomb View Post
2 - Witch Attacks in L4D1 maps, or with more than 8 players in L4D2 maps, the witch will often mix up the players that have the same base survivor model, so is that identification fixed in the ABM plugin? or would you still need to use ABM and the compatible version of SuperVersus so you can also use the SuperVersus Identity Fix?

3 - Chargers cant bowl through more than 4 or 5 Survivors till they start getting stuck mid charge attck animation

4 - Defibrillator to Revive a dead Survivor, again this item sometimes mixes up players with the same Survivor character model and ID, sometimes causing the dead player to stay dead, and instead a matching currently alive survivor to be teleported to the defib spot and spawn as if they just got revived, which causes to lose all their gear
ABM doesn't have functionality to fix these 3 bugs. But Lux has made a group of plugins called Left 4 Fix that do.
v
Witch fixes [Left 4 Fix]
Better_Charger_Collision + patch [Left 4 Fix]
Defib_Fix [Left 4 Fix]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomDaBomb View Post
1 - Mixing of Player Identities, on safehouse ending to spawning into the next chapter, or when multiple people go into Idle mode with the Take Break Option
As far as I know it still happens with ABM a few times when spawning into next chapter, but abm_identityfix keeps track of player's characters in a list and resets them if they don't match.
Unfortunately this makes it incompatible with survivor character changing plugins like Survivor Chat Select since ABM can't be notified, in which case there's two more plugins to fix the identity issue.

This fixes both idle and next chapter transitioning.
v
[L4D2] Character_manager by Lux

This plugin still fails when changing to next chapter, but it fixes the idle issue and is compatible with Survivor Chat Select.
v
[L4D(2)] Survivor Identity Fix for 5+ Survivors by Merudo, fixed by Shadowysn.

Last edited by Shadowysn; 12-05-2021 at 08:52.
TomDaBomb
Old 12-19-2021 , 01:52   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-13-17)
Reply With Quote #566

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowysn View Post
Left 4 Dead Fix
[/i]
gotcha thanks for the heads up, last time it took me about 1 to 2 months to get all the superversus plugins etc. that were needed to make a 8 player match run just like a default 4 does, so ill check it out and give it a try to make a setup that doesnt use SuperVersus

not that i dont like the Superversus plugin and its system, just it seems to be bugged on Linux OS and i dont see anyone that mentioned noticing or fixing it, so it probably wont be long till it stops working all together, or at least that wouldnt surprise me with how much Valve seems to be deciding to patch and update stuff recently for L4D2
kooper990
Old 12-26-2021 , 13:44   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-13-17)
Reply With Quote #567

Is the support for this plugin ended long time ago?
thewintersoldier97
Old 12-27-2021 , 02:59   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-13-17)
Reply With Quote #568

Quote:
Originally Posted by kooper990 View Post
Is the support for this plugin ended long time ago?
Some fork version is still working, although yea, the author haven't been very active.

Looking for some fun!

Last edited by thewintersoldier97; 12-27-2021 at 05:37.
kooper990
Old 01-08-2022 , 00:57   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-13-17)
Reply With Quote #569

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewintersoldier97 View Post
Some fork version is still working, although yea, the author haven't been very active.
Also, the plugin has been causing me multiple problems with duplicated and missing survivors when players are in my server. Any fix to this?
thewintersoldier97
Old 01-09-2022 , 22:23   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-13-17)
Reply With Quote #570

Quote:
Originally Posted by kooper990 View Post
Also, the plugin has been causing me multiple problems with duplicated and missing survivors when players are in my server. Any fix to this?
What version and setting you're using?

Looking for some fun!