Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

TF2: Parent Buildables To Moving Entities (Elevators, Cars etc)

Post New Thread Reply   

raekwon
Old 07-16-2008 , 10:40   Re: TF2: Parent Buildables To Moving Entities (Elevators, Cars etc)
Reply With Quote #41

Hi. I recently started up a server and tried to use this plugin but was disappointed when it didn't work I really wanted to make a Battle-Cat-Bus.
I have zero coding experience so can't fix it myself. I'm really hoping this gets updated soon because I've only rented the server for a month. Thanks
naris
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-17-2008 , 10:38   Re: TF2: Parent Buildables To Moving Entities (Elevators, Cars etc)
Reply With Quote #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunTF2Server View Post
if you could do a plugin that would allow us to build shit on other players, you would be my hero
I changed L.Dukes zgrabber plugin to pickup, throw and drop sentries and engineer buildings (sentries, teleporters, disensers and, apparently, supply cabinets) and posted it in that thread. He also updated the 1st post with this version.

The method I posted earlier for changing the owner seems to cause occasional crashes
raekwon
Old 07-17-2008 , 14:01   Re: TF2: Parent Buildables To Moving Entities (Elevators, Cars etc)
Reply With Quote #43

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showpos...0&postcount=19

Thanks naris. Works well as a replacement to the Parent_Build plugin, although the buildings only stay on the tops of catbus' and in the tank.

I'm sure gonna have lots of fun with this ..... and about 50 sentries
dotISO
Old 08-08-2008 , 09:53   Re: TF2: Parent Buildables To Moving Entities (Elevators, Cars etc)
Reply With Quote #44

Hi, can you please make a version where you can actually build stuff on a player?
Thanks
Spikeectf2
Old 08-14-2008 , 10:27   Re: TF2: Parent Buildables To Moving Entities (Elevators, Cars etc)
Reply With Quote #45

is that code for slowing down the trains still working..
doesnt seem to work anymore for me.
Cooltad
Veteran Member
Old 08-14-2008 , 11:14   Re: TF2: Parent Buildables To Moving Entities (Elevators, Cars etc)
Reply With Quote #46

Request to have this Unapproved as the author seems to have abandoned it.
Overseer of lost packets
Old 08-14-2008 , 11:54   Re: TF2: Parent Buildables To Moving Entities (Elevators, Cars etc)
Reply With Quote #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooltad View Post
Request to have this Unapproved as the author seems to have abandoned it.
Request to have you put in an asylum for retardation as I have not abandoned anything. Valve changed supported for this plug-in with the medic update. The plugin still works fine if the objects you are building on are func_brush based and not standard world brushes bound to the func_tracktrain entity.

-Teddy
Cooltad
Veteran Member
Old 08-14-2008 , 13:38   Re: TF2: Parent Buildables To Moving Entities (Elevators, Cars etc)
Reply With Quote #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddyruxpin View Post
Request to have you put in an asylum for retardation as I have not abandoned anything. Valve changed supported for this plug-in with the medic update. The plugin still works fine if the objects you are building on are func_brush based and not standard world brushes bound to the func_tracktrain entity.

-Teddy
That was a highly uncalled for and rude remark. It was just that you didn't seem to attempt to address known problems with the plugin along with ignoring user posts.
Old 08-15-2008 , 05:08   Re: TF2: Parent Buildables To Moving Entities (Elevators, Cars etc)
Reply With Quote #49

does it work in goldrush, can i build sentry on cart ?
teddyruxpin
Overseer of lost packets
Old 08-15-2008 , 12:03   Re: TF2: Parent Buildables To Moving Entities (Elevators, Cars etc)
Reply With Quote #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamma View Post
does it work in goldrush, can i build sentry on cart ?

No Valve broke this ability with the medic update and I believe it was done to prevent people like ourselves from building on the cart ;). If someone for example where to take the GR map and decompile it and then parent a func_brush to wrap around the outside of the cart then you would have no issues building on the cart.

I am still looking for methods to get around the change that Valve made to allow building on the func_tracktrains again.

-Teddy