Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[TF2] Uber Upgrades v0.9.4 (beta version 11/14/2013)

Post New Thread Reply   

PC Gamer
Veteran Member
Old 01-05-2023 , 04:16   Re: [TF2] Uber Upgrades v0.9.4 (beta version 11/14/2013)
Reply With Quote #241

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexKart View Post
Tried to load it with sm plugins load TF2ItemsInfo, but it gave me "Plugin TF2ItemsInfo.smx failed to load: Unable to open file."
My best guess is that you don't have the TF2Items extension running. To find out if it is running type this in the server console:
PHP Code:
sm exts list 
You should see TF2Items (1.6.4): TF2 Item Modifier

If you don't see that... Install it. Here's a link: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=115100
AlexKart
Old 01-05-2023 , 04:29   Re: [TF2] Uber Upgrades v0.9.4 (beta version 11/14/2013)
Reply With Quote #242

Yeah, it's there. One thing I probably should've mentioned earlier is that as far as I'm aware, the only issues have been with keeping upgrades (and thereby embezzling funds) whenever changing or restarting missions. I don't think I actually had TF2ItemsInfo previously in the first place.
AlexKart
Old 01-08-2023 , 04:52   Re: [TF2] Uber Upgrades v0.9.4 (beta version 11/14/2013)
Reply With Quote #243

Alright, I've switched back to Razor's version. The TF2ItemsInfo error still appears of course, but I don't know if it's actually making any difference. The only issue I have now is upgrades and money not resetting whenever a new mission is picked or the mission is restarted.
PC Gamer
Veteran Member
Old 01-08-2023 , 06:56   Re: [TF2] Uber Upgrades v0.9.4 (beta version 11/14/2013)
Reply With Quote #244

Quote:
Alright, I've switched back to Razor's version. The TF2ItemsInfo error still appears of course, but I don't know if it's actually making any difference. The only issue I have now is upgrades and money not resetting whenever a new mission is picked or the mission is restarted.
The TF2ItemsInfo error of 'unable to open file' when trying to load it leads me to believe you haven't installed it since that error is used when the file doesn't exist. The version you are running will not function properly without TF2ItemsInfo. Try again to install it.

I completely misread all of your posts regarding the resetting of money. I incorrectly assumed you did not upgrades to reset. I now believe that perhaps you do want upgrades to reset. If so, try the version attached to this post. This is identical to the plugin in post #215 but has the hookevents restored for MvM. Note: I don't run this version of UU, and I don't host MvM maps, so I didn't test it.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (tf2attributes_ubup.sp - 72 views - 89.7 KB)
File Type: smx tf2attributes_ubup.smx (64.9 KB, 86 views)
AlexKart
Old 01-08-2023 , 07:16   Re: [TF2] Uber Upgrades v0.9.4 (beta version 11/14/2013)
Reply With Quote #245

Yes, I do want the upgrades to be reset upon mission restart or change. When it isn't, it opens up the opportunity to trivialize missions by just grinding cash on one mission and then switching, or repeating waves of a mission and then restarting it. The reason why I'm choosing to use Razor's version right now is because of the 30,000 cash limit. By default, MVM limits you to having 30,000 cash at any given time, and if you go above that amount your cash will be set back to 30,000 upon collecting more. This is because of the 32,767 limit by default. Razor's version changed it so the limit was much higher and the cash was no longer set back to 30,000 when reaching a higher amount.

I tried out the version you just posted, but I didn't actually notice anything different. I don't know if what you did is on the back end and for easier modification since I don't know anything about SourcePawn. My upgrades are still not being reset for some reason. I appreciate the effort in modifying your version to help me, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PC Gamer View Post
The TF2ItemsInfo error of 'unable to open file' when trying to load it leads me to believe you haven't installed it since that error is used when the file doesn't exist. The version you are running will not function properly without TF2ItemsInfo. Try again to install it.
I've tried to reinstall it, but it still just gives me the same error. I've done some research and according to some reddit post it's broken, though Lobnico said in a steam post a few years ago that it was fine. I don't really know what to think of it at this point, and I don't know if it's responsible for my upgrades not being reset since there's no errors past the start up and I don't know what TF2ItemsInfo does.

Last edited by AlexKart; 01-08-2023 at 07:17.
PC Gamer
Veteran Member
Old 01-08-2023 , 17:22   Re: [TF2] Uber Upgrades v0.9.4 (beta version 11/14/2013)
Reply With Quote #246

Quote:
I don't think I actually had TF2ItemsInfo previously in the first place.
Uber Upgrades is by far one of the most complicated public plugins you can run. It isn't easy to set up or maintain. There are far easier options for you to use which are available in these forums. However, if you want this plugin to run as intended you must ensure that all dependencies are met. Not installing dependencies and ignoring errors doesn't make the problem go away.

So... I will repeat myself here.

At the server console, type:
PHP Code:
sm plugins load tf2itemsinfo 
If it says '[SM] Plugin tf2itemsinfo is already loaded.' then congratulations, tf2itemsinfo is actually running. You can double check with this command which will tell you which plugins are actually running:
PHP Code:
sm plugins list 
If you typed the 'sm plugins load tf2itemsinfo' command and it says 'unable to open file' then rest assured you either typed the name wrong or the smx file is NOT located in the /plugins/ directory which is where it should be if you installed it.

If it says something like 'error on startup' then you need to look at your error log to determine what the actual error is.

TF2ItemsInfo is used to obtain the attribute names from the game for use with Uber Upgrades. This plugin won't work without it unless you use a custom version.

And... just to be clear... TF2ItemsInfo is not the same thing as TF2Items. Both are needed for this plugin. It's just that TF2ItemsInfo needs TF2Items in order to work.
AlexKart
Old 01-30-2023 , 20:11   Re: [TF2] Uber Upgrades v0.9.4 (beta version 11/14/2013)
Reply With Quote #247

Coming back to this thread because I had lost interest in fixing this. Now that I'm back, there has been one single revelation that I have made; TF2ItemsInfo is not usable, or at least not the Github version. A plugin by the name of TF2 Econ Data Compatibility was made to replace it, and that works just fine.

I've also finally gotten around to transferring all my files from the Google Cloud Linux command line VM to an actual Windows 10 machine, so it's infinitely easier to manage. It was during this process which I discovered that TF2ItemsInfo just doesn't work. I don't know why, but unlike the Linux server, I had to delete the plugin entirely for Uber Upgrades to run on the Windows machine.

With this, the Windows 10 server now functions identically to the Linux server. Unfortunately, this means that the same bugs exist. This also means that TF2ItemsInfo.smx was *not* the source of my problems, and it didn't matter that it was erroring out on startup.

To recap, the issue I'm having is that whenever the round restarts, money and upgrades persist. This means you can reach some high wave on one mission and then just switch missions to keep the money and upgrades. This is probably an issue with the version of UU I'm using, but it's the only one I can actually use right now because it's the only plugin I've seen that removes the soft limit on money in MVM, which is $30,000.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PC Gamer View Post
Uber Upgrades is by far one of the most complicated public plugins you can run. It isn't easy to set up or maintain. There are far easier options for you to use which are available in these forums. However, if you want this plugin to run as intended you must ensure that all dependencies are met. Not installing dependencies and ignoring errors doesn't make the problem go away.
I completely understand what you're saying here, and yes, I do want to continue trying to get Uber Upgrades to work now that there's only one real issue left. And yes, I do understand that ignoring the issues will not help, but I had already figured it wasn't actually doing anything because nothing happened as a result of it erroring out. This is because I also had TF2 Econ Data Compatibility installed. At the time I didn't realize it was TF2 Econ Data Compatibility that was allowing Uber Upgrades to work.

To end off this post, I've reached another wall. I don't know any plugins that remove the soft limit on cash in MVM, which is the only thing holding me back from using any other versions of Uber Upgrades. If you know of any, it would be great if you could link it. Otherwise, I'll just have to stick with what I have now.
Recluse
Old 06-18-2023 , 11:18   Re: [TF2] Uber Upgrades v0.9.4 (beta version 11/14/2013)
Reply With Quote #248

Quote:
To end off this post, I've reached another wall. I don't know any plugins that remove the soft limit on cash in MVM, which is the only thing holding me back from using any other versions of Uber Upgrades. If you know of any, it would be great if you could link it. Otherwise, I'll just have to stick with what I have now.
It takes a lot of manual fixes to make UU work properly with MVM; I've done some fixes myself that work but there's still some cases where it just doesn't properly reset. There was a more refined version on github but since the original creator removed it, it's not that easy to find though I'm sure it's floating around somewhere.
Kuba4ful
Old 06-29-2023 , 20:45   Re: [TF2] Uber Upgrades v0.9.4 (beta version 11/14/2013)
Reply With Quote #249

I found this plugin through HappyLand server and I really enjoy it. It's great to have fun with bots even on your own private server.

I would recommend this to any newbie that just starts toying with sourcemod and tf2 servers. I would, if not for the fact it's outdated, it's major dependency is outdated, and has breaking bugs.

So here are a tips to get this running! (some very basic knowledge about compiling and sourcepawn required)

- Download PCGamer's version released a few pages before (thanks a lot for sharing it here!)

- Download tf_econ_data plugin (and it's adapter), along with tf2itemsinfo.txt gamedata file. DON'T install tf2itemsinfo plugin if you use this approach.

- When making a server with bots, if they're set to join after player (or at any point you remove and add them), the entire server lags for like 31 seconds.

I think it's an issue caused by newer version of TF2Attributes (I don't see people complaining about this particular issue before). The exact error is "Received invalid address (NULL)", and it's repeated for every bot that joins. So it's more like 1 second lag repeated for each bot.

Patching this issue is extremely simple tho. Find the `OnClientPutInServer()` function and comment out (or remove) the call to `ResetClientUpgrades()` function

I'm 99% sure it won't break anytihng, but if you want to be certain, you can make a simple check to execute that function only if the client is not a bot (FakeClient)

- If you want to use this plugin on a listen server WHICH IS NOT RECOMMENDED (but I won't pretend I'm not guilty of that myself), replace every occurence of "client_id = 1" with "client_id = 0".

- If you aren't able to join a team at the start, first of all don't use it on a listen server if you don't know what you're doing (yes, this bug only happens on listen server); first disable the plugin using console (sm plugins unload tf2attributes_ubup.smx), join a team (jointeam red/blu) and then load the plugin again. Not sure why it happens, but not gonna bother finding a proper fix for that.

And well, that's pretty much it. Seems small now that I'm writing it, but it took me at least three hours to figure all of that on my own.
If you get any issue, reply and I may be around to help you.
bobwastaken
Old 07-20-2023 , 00:44   Re: [TF2] Uber Upgrades v0.9.4 (beta version 11/14/2013)
Reply With Quote #250

Is there an updated version of this? It doesnt work on my server and i assume its Vscript