Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[CS:S] Python knife sound script to SM

Post New Thread Reply   

JDEdmo
Old 05-03-2010 , 14:52   [CS:S] Python knife sound script to SM
Reply With Quote #1

I am trying to convert all my Eventscript scripts I use on my servers now to source mod. All of them I have found a version of for source mod but the one I created.

If someone is willing to make this thanks
(I can post the code If someone says they can make it and need the code for it)

The script plays a sound based on the killer when someone dies by being knifed. It also will play a different sound if the victim has a reverse knife sound and will post some text in chat. If the killer has no knife sound a random one is selected and played instead.

The script loads 3 files:
  • Knifesounds.cfg
    This holds the Steam ID, sound path, and length of the sound for each player with a knife sound
  • Reverseknifesounds.cfg
    This holds the Steam IDs, sound path, length and the text to be sent for players with reverse knife sounds
  • Randomknifesounds.cfg
    This holds the sound paths and lengths for the random sounds to be used for anyone with out a sound
The reason for the length was to prevent sounds from spamming when someone was knifing alot in a row.

The sounds for people to use were allowed to be up to 10sec and some players (expecally in GunGame) are able to knife alot of people in under 10sec and there sound being overlaped so much was a problem so this script stops the sound its about to play only if its still playing if its not playing theres nothing to stop. (why the ES stop sound function doesnt check this i dont know)

Last edited by JDEdmo; 05-04-2010 at 03:14.
JDEdmo
Old 05-08-2010 , 11:02   Re: [CS:S] Python knife sound script to SM
Reply With Quote #2

Well I take it that no one is wanting to remake it.

So now I am wondering if anyone knows of a script that plays custom sounds that I can use as a refrence to show what steps need to be taken to get a custom sound to download, play, and such.

Or just any tips or ideas on some good ways to do this script.

I was looking at the keyvalues and I guess that would be best for the cfg files but can those be used to check if a knifer has a custom knife sound or is there a better way to handle that?

thanks