Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Help wtih multiple server from same srcds folder [Windows]

Post New Thread Reply   

foxsay
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-19-2020 , 06:22   Help wtih multiple server from same srcds folder [Windows]
Reply With Quote #1

I know about this already https://wiki.alliedmods.net/Multiple...ers_(SourceMod)
and I could do something like this -
+sm_basepath addons/sourcemod2 +servercfgfile gamemode_casual_server2.cfg

but how I could give another server their own CFG folder because I Would like to customize cfg/sourcemod for each server in a different way even tho some plugins would be same for every server but with different settings.

BTW: I have windows server

Last edited by foxsay; 06-19-2020 at 06:24.
TomL.
Veteran Member
Old 06-19-2020 , 08:38   Re: Help wtih multiple server from same srcds folder [Windows]
Reply With Quote #2

You can add the cvars to the config set by +servercfgfile or separate configs which then will be executed by the set config.
Maxximou5
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-19-2020 , 15:33   Re: Help wtih multiple server from same srcds folder [Windows]
Reply With Quote #3

Using servercfgfile won't help you if you have to overwrite any commands issued in gamemode_casual_server.cfg.
servercfgfile executes BEFORE gamemode_casual.cfg and gamemode_casual_server.cfg. Which means if you did +servercfgfile gamemode_casual_server2.cfg, it would execute in the following order:
  1. gamemode_casual_server2.cfg
  2. gamemode_casual.cfg
  3. gamemode_casual_server.cfg
So if you had any variables that need to overwritten in gamemode_casual_server.cfg by gamemode_casual_server2.cfg, that won't happen.
TomL.
Veteran Member
Old 06-19-2020 , 16:05   Re: Help wtih multiple server from same srcds folder [Windows]
Reply With Quote #4

I think it's more about the cvars set by plugin configs stored in the folder cfg/sourcemod.
Maxximou5
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-19-2020 , 21:06   Re: Help wtih multiple server from same srcds folder [Windows]
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomL. View Post
I think it's more about the cvars set by plugin configs stored in the folder cfg/sourcemod.
You're right, that could be so. If it is, he may want a better naming convention, like server2-plugins.cfg
foxsay
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-20-2020 , 06:25   Re: Help wtih multiple server from same srcds folder [Windows]
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomL. View Post
You can add the cvars to the config set by +servercfgfile or separate configs which then will be executed by the set config.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxximou5 View Post
You're right, that could be so. If it is, he may want a better naming convention, like server2-plugins.cfg

Thank you both guys for advice.

In general, I think it would be better if there was just option to seperate whole cfg/sourcemod folder for each server so people don't need to exclude each config etc
Maxximou5
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-20-2020 , 14:54   Re: Help wtih multiple server from same srcds folder [Windows]
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxsay View Post
Thank you both guys for advice.

In general, I think it would be better if there was just option to seperate whole cfg/sourcemod folder for each server so people don't need to exclude each config etc
To be fair, it was possible up until a while ago.