Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[L4D2] Automatic Campaign Switcher (ACS) [v2.0.0 (Nov 16, 2021)] - OVERHAULED!

Post New Thread Reply   

Hawkins
Old 07-27-2021 , 19:10   Re: [L4D2] Automatic Campaign Switcher (ACS) [v1.2.2 (May 21, 2011)]
Reply With Quote #221

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker499 View Post
It's shit.

Half of the maps are missing, and when I try to convert the SP file to SMX it doesn't work.
Yes.
To anyone with coding experience, only thing that is missing is the full campaigns list to vote for. please fix.
Hawkins
Old 07-27-2021 , 19:34   Re: [L4D2] Automatic Campaign Switcher (ACS) [v1.2.2 (May 21, 2011)]
Reply With Quote #222

Edit: Found the updated version of this on github. I attached the file for instant download.
Original link:
https://github.com/TGMaster/Sourcepa.../ACS_v1.2.4.sp
Attached Files
File Type: smx ACS_v1.2.4.smx (15.7 KB, 103 views)
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (ACS_v1.2.4.sp - 202 views - 61.4 KB)
Mi.Cura
Veteran Member
Old 07-28-2021 , 11:37   Re: [L4D2] Automatic Campaign Switcher (ACS) [v1.2.2 (May 21, 2011)]
Reply With Quote #223

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker499 View Post
It's shit.

Half of the maps are missing, and when I try to convert the SP file to SMX it doesn't work.
Before complaining and calling a plugin "shit", remember that the author offered this for free.

You didn't pay anything for it.

So, you must have respect for developers in this community.

If it works for other users, the problem is certainly on your side.

Last edited by Mi.Cura; 07-28-2021 at 11:41.
Kr3m
Old 09-18-2021 , 21:30   Re: [L4D2] Automatic Campaign Switcher (ACS) [v1.2.2 (May 21, 2011)]
Reply With Quote #224

Doesn't seem like this would work out too well for anyone running multiple servers from the same installation. If the campaigns are hard coded into the sp file, how can we possibly have multiple campaign rotations via server configuration? I'm sure it's a great plugin otherwise, but rather limited if this is the case.

Last edited by Kr3m; 09-18-2021 at 21:30.
Mr. Man
Veteran Member
Old 09-19-2021 , 02:34   Re: [L4D2] Automatic Campaign Switcher (ACS) [v1.2.2 (May 21, 2011)]
Reply With Quote #225

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kr3m View Post
Doesn't seem like this would work out too well for anyone running multiple servers from the same installation. If the campaigns are hard coded into the sp file, how can we possibly have multiple campaign rotations via server configuration? I'm sure it's a great plugin otherwise, but rather limited if this is the case.
That's why you use this version which has dynamic map addition/removal: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=2600351

ChrisP's plugin should be considered legacy.
Old 09-20-2021 , 10:04   Re: [L4D2] Automatic Campaign Switcher (ACS) [v1.2.2 (May 21, 2011)]
Reply With Quote #226

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Man View Post
That's why you use this version which has dynamic map addition/removal: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=2600351
Thank you. I'll check it out.
ChadMaestro
Old 10-17-2021 , 17:14   Re: [L4D2] Automatic Campaign Switcher (ACS) [v1.2.2 (May 21, 2011)]
Reply With Quote #227

An actual well-documented plugin from the client / user perspective.

Very well done on that alone.
ChrisP
Old 10-26-2021 , 17:57   Re: [L4D2] Automatic Campaign Switcher (ACS) [v1.2.2 (May 21, 2011)]
Reply With Quote #228

Hello Everyone!

Wow, I'm so happy to see people using various versions of ACS to this day. I wrote the original plugin so many years ago and was pleasantly surprised to see it still in use thanks to people modifying it for what they want and fixing my old buggy code. There are several forked versions that have some impressive tech built inside of them, which is so neat to see! Thank you to everyone who kept ACS moving forward all these years.

I wanted to let everyone who is interested know that I started working on XPMod again a while ago, and as a result, I decided to update ACS along with it. I basically rewrote the entire plugin fixing bugs and adding new features like an easily editable map list config file. I don't want to take away from the beautiful plugins that have forked from the original version. I just want to add my own take on the features I personally wanted to see in the plugin on my servers.

My main goal with this new ACS version is to keep it simple, single file plug and play for the default map rotation on all game modes, while giving the flexibility to do any map combination for any game mode by editing the map list config file. I have maintained the same level of comments and edit-ability as the original version of the plugin and I encourage anyone who wants to modify it to do so.

The updated version is mostly written, and I'm currently running tests on several servers with different game modes. Once I feel comfortable that it works well, I will post it here.

You can join a XPMod server that is currently using the plugin if you want to help test it. Details on how to join can be found on here:

http://xpmod.net

Thanks again to all the Modders here, you all are amazing!

This is an example of what the config file currently looks like.
Mystik Spiral
Old 10-28-2021 , 05:08   Re: [L4D2] Automatic Campaign Switcher (ACS) [v1.2.2 (May 21, 2011)]
Reply With Quote #229

@ChrisP Glad to see you are working on a new version! Please include support for the Mutation gamemode in addition to gamemodes like Campaign, Survival, Versus, etcetera. In particular, community mutations like Nightmare Difficulty {nightmaredifficulty}... not to be confused with the "Nightmare" mutation {community4}. Subscribed and looking forward to release 2.0.
Old 11-17-2021 , 01:12   Re: [L4D2] Automatic Campaign Switcher (ACS) [v1.2.2 (May 21, 2011)]
Reply With Quote #230

I have posted ACS v2.0.0 on the original forum post here. Please let me know if you have any issues with the plugin.

For anyone interested, here's a link to the source code on github.