Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[TF2] Custom Weapons 3 (Beta 2)

Post New Thread Reply   

crafting
Old 03-25-2019 , 23:48   Re: [TF2] Custom Weapons 3 (Beta 2)
Reply With Quote #201

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novanious View Post
I watched that. He only shows how to make a custom weapon, not how to actually modify the base weapons, as in you equip a backburner outside of the server, you join, and its stats are modified. Unless there's a specific point where he mentions actually modifying stock weapons.
If you want to change official weapons, try this plugin....
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=2608014

P.S. That was me who made that video

Last edited by crafting; 03-25-2019 at 23:49.
Novanious
Old 03-25-2019 , 23:56   Re: [TF2] Custom Weapons 3 (Beta 2)
Reply With Quote #202

Quote:
Originally Posted by crafting View Post
If you want to change official weapons, try this plugin....
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=2608014

P.S. That was me who made that video
That's what I'm working with right now. I'd love to be able to use the attributes from Custom Weapons in it but Jugador hasn't really mentioned compatibility or anything like that.
TheCatScout
Old 04-06-2019 , 20:16   Re: [TF2] Custom Weapons 3 (Beta 2)
Reply With Quote #203

I'm aware this has been asked before, but where can I find a "disguise on kill" attribute?
3nvious
Old 04-09-2019 , 13:57   Re: [TF2] Custom Weapons 3 (Beta 2)
Reply With Quote #204

Quote:
"WIP Music Gun"
{
"classes"
{
"pyro" "0"
}
"baseclass" "flamethrower"
"baseindex" "208"
"ammo" "500"
"flag" "a"
"logname" "musicgun"
"description" "wip"
"cw3_attributes"
{

}
"sound"
{
"player"
{
"find" "weapons/flame_thrower_start.wav"
"replace" ""
}
}
}
Quick question, what is the best way to do create kinda like a Dubstep gun from SR3/4? I thought replacing the sound might be a good alternative.
trbz_
Old 07-26-2019 , 19:06   Re: [TF2] Custom Weapons 3 (Beta 2)
Reply With Quote #205

help pls

I am trying to create a custom attributes plugin because no one has created an "apply addCond on hit" attribute, and I really need that. I'm using orion.sp as a base since I'm new to sourcemod. However, I've been trying to get orion.sp to compile to make sure I'm doing it right, but I can't even that to compile (despite Orion's attributes just fine in-game). I have all of the .inc files required, but when I run the compile.exe it gives this:

Code:
// C:\Users\Ethan\Desktop\steamcmd\tf2\tf\addons\sourcemod\scripting\include\cw3-attributes.inc(144) : error 017: undefined symbol "GetClientSlot"
// C:\Users\Ethan\Desktop\steamcmd\tf2\tf\addons\sourcemod\scripting\include\cw3-attributes.inc(190) : error 017: undefined symbol "GetClientSlot"
// C:\Users\Ethan\Desktop\steamcmd\tf2\tf\addons\sourcemod\scripting\include\cw3-attributes.inc(236) : error 017: undefined symbol "GetClientSlot"
// C:\Users\Ethan\Desktop\steamcmd\tf2\tf\addons\sourcemod\scripting\orion.sp(1293) : error 017: undefined symbol "IfDoNextTime2"
// C:\Users\Ethan\Desktop\steamcmd\tf2\tf\addons\sourcemod\scripting\orion.sp(2907) : error 017: undefined symbol "TF_DMG_PREVENT_PHYSICS_FORCE"
// C:\Users\Ethan\Desktop\steamcmd\tf2\tf\addons\sourcemod\scripting\orion.sp(3334) : error 017: undefined symbol "TF_DMG_PREVENT_PHYSICS_FORCE"
// C:\Users\Ethan\Desktop\steamcmd\tf2\tf\addons\sourcemod\scripting\orion.sp(3510) : error 017: undefined symbol "TF_DMG_PREVENT_PHYSICS_FORCE"
// C:\Users\Ethan\Desktop\steamcmd\tf2\tf\addons\sourcemod\scripting\orion.sp(3883) : error 017: undefined symbol "TF_DMG_PREVENT_PHYSICS_FORCE"
// C:\Users\Ethan\Desktop\steamcmd\tf2\tf\addons\sourcemod\scripting\orion.sp(3893) : error 017: undefined symbol "TF_DMG_PREVENT_PHYSICS_FORCE"
// C:\Users\Ethan\Desktop\steamcmd\tf2\tf\addons\sourcemod\scripting\orion.sp(3941) : error 017: undefined symbol "TF_DMG_PREVENT_PHYSICS_FORCE"
I've tried, and I can't find anything on what these errors are coming from. I don't know where they're supposed to be defined if not in the .inc files, and I've checked to make sure I'm using the most recent .inc files, but I can't find anything on how to fix this (ex: looking up "GetClientSlot" on google only gives you 2 results, both of which are just links to orion.sp on github). If anyone could help me, I'd really appreciate it. I'm desperately trying to finish this Reverse Weapons mod but I'm an idiot and I can't get past this brick wall because I'm new to SM
xSquared
Old 07-26-2019 , 20:42   Re: [TF2] Custom Weapons 3 (Beta 2)
Reply With Quote #206

Hello, I'm trying to create a modded flamethrower, but the flames don't have any starting velocity. I've got a fix for another plugin, but I can't find a fix for this one. Does anybody know a fix?

NOTE: I have tried the SMX on page 18, still doesn't seem to work. However, I've been able to tweak the stats of a "no attribute, broken flamethrower" to kinda mimic the normal flamethrower, however it's not very good and I'd rather not waste so many attributes on re-creating the stock.

Last edited by xSquared; 07-26-2019 at 21:51. Reason: found page 18, didn't work
trbz_
Old 07-27-2019 , 13:56   Re: [TF2] Custom Weapons 3 (Beta 2)
Reply With Quote #207

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSquared View Post
Hello, I'm trying to create a modded flamethrower, but the flames don't have any starting velocity. I've got a fix for another plugin, but I can't find a fix for this one. Does anybody know a fix?

NOTE: I have tried the SMX on page 18, still doesn't seem to work. However, I've been able to tweak the stats of a "no attribute, broken flamethrower" to kinda mimic the normal flamethrower, however it's not very good and I'd rather not waste so many attributes on re-creating the stock.
First you might want to check to make sure you've installed the fix on page 18 correctly. If you have and it still isn't working, attribute 844 "flame_speed" might be able to help. It doesn't have any attribute text so it won't add to visual clutter.
xSquared
Old 07-28-2019 , 04:05   Re: [TF2] Custom Weapons 3 (Beta 2)
Reply With Quote #208

There isn't any install details. What am I supposed to do, other than add the new cw3 to my plugins folder?
And yes, I've used flame_speed and other variables to mimic the stock flamethrower. But I don't want to do that, and it's not incredibly accurate. I'd rather not use an inaccurate recreation of the flamethrower, I want to be able to use the real thing. And I know that somebody has it working, b/c it works on the Custom Weapons Official Servers.
lazyman0615
Old 07-29-2019 , 07:12   Re: [TF2] Custom Weapons 3 (Beta 2)
Reply With Quote #209

Hi! I am new to hosting server and i just installed this plugin, so I am sorry if I made any rookie mistake.

So far, I have made several custom weapons like knifes and fists and they work. However, custom flamethrowers don't show up in my menu, not even the one in the DLC pack. Are there any additional files I missed, or do I have to update some files? Here's the code for the stock flamethrower.

Code:
"Stock Flamethrower"
{
	"classes"
	{
		"pyro"		"0"
	}
	"baseclass"		"flamethrower"
	"baseindex"		"21"
	"nobots"		"1"
	"quality"		"6"
	"logname"		"flamethrower"
	"description"	"Stock"
"cw3_attributes"
{
"flame_gravity"
{
"plugin"	"tf2attributes"
"value"	"0"
}

"flame_drag"
{
"plugin"	"tf2attributes"
"value"	"8.5"
}

"flame_up_speed"
{
"plugin"	"tf2attributes"
"value"	"50"
}

"flame_speed"
{
"plugin"	"tf2attributes"
"value"	"2450"
}

"flame_spread_degree"
{
"plugin"	"tf2attributes"
"value"	"2.8"
}

"flame_lifetime"
{
"plugin"	"tf2attributes"
"value"	".6"
}

"flame_random_life_time_offset"
{
"plugin"	"tf2attributes"
"value"	".1"
}
}
}
xSquared
Old 07-29-2019 , 16:25   Re: [TF2] Custom Weapons 3 (Beta 2)
Reply With Quote #210

I don't know what the issue is, but thank you for the stock flamethrower remake I'll credit you when using modded flamethrowers.