A new version of Freak Fortress 2, rewritten from the ground up while keeping support for previous configs and subplugins.
What's left to do?
- You can now use bosses outside the gamemode, this of course requires subplugin changes
- A new subplugin format that's available to use
- A new boss config format that also allows mix matching old and new styles
- A redesign of existing configs, weapons, and HUDs
- Runs faster and easily takes on multiple bosses at once
What will be broken?
- Test and Debug!
- New mobility-abilities subplugin
- A party system for companion bosses
- Boss difficulty system
- New natives and forwards
- Dynamic Defaults, Drain Over Time, and other includes (Modifiy .ff2 extension with .smx extension)
- Abilities are no longer activated in a set order
- Bosses can not have the multiple abilities with the same name
- FF2_GetSpecialKV no longer can modify boss stats
- Subplugins that do unintended things (such as starting music before a round starts)
This isn't fully
finished but I figured I should release this now because the undoubtable wait time this project was. Report any bugs in Issues
and use on a live server at your own risk.
Or you know, you can use this with non-arena servers now.
- ConfigMap system which this now uses
- Boss vs Boss testing and support
- Ideas for new HUD layout and score
Contributors to the classic
, and crazy
versions of FF2.