Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

VSH VSH, old thread (v1.42) - Information/etc.

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

x6herbius
Old 10-11-2011 , 14:34   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaloModo View Post
I want new "bosses" and/or FF. I don't understand why spending so much energy in tweaking/trying to balance gameplay for VSH. Isn't it by its very nature suppose to be unbalanced?
Just because it's 23v1 doesn't make it unbalanced. The very fact that Saxton Hale is given xx,000 health is a balancing mechanism. Believe me, if the mode were "unbalanced" it would by definition not be fun to play. Something like 1 normal player vs. 23 other would be unbalanced, but even if it's a juggernaut mode balancing the gameplay still has to be a priority.
Send a message via Skype™ to x6herbius
MaloModo
Veteran Member
Old 10-11-2011 , 21:47   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by x6herbius View Post
Just because it's 23v1 doesn't make it unbalanced. The very fact that Saxton Hale is given xx,000 health is a balancing mechanism. Believe me, if the mode were "unbalanced" it would by definition not be fun to play. Something like 1 normal player vs. 23 other would be unbalanced, but even if it's a juggernaut mode balancing the gameplay still has to be a priority.
"unbalanced" it would by definition not be fun to play - dude you assume way to much. It is unbalanced in Hales favour big time with someone as him with any common sense. I have been running a VSH almost since it was first made public and it is FUN to play not because it is balanced but because people like to hang out and screw around for the most part. And the chance to be a super hero I suspect or the fact some people feel like a mob ganging up on someone (take your pick). That is the way it seems to me anyway. Not going any further with this. Peace.
snelvuur
Veteran Member
Old 10-12-2011 , 02:49   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

Well i dont know about you guys, but i actually like the effort that Flamin puts into it. Dont forget that even if FF comes out, that people still might want to play VSH only.
Veteran Member
Old 10-12-2011 , 08:25   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

wasder: Sorry, completely forgot about gridwalls (and I even have it on my server!). Will actually implement something really quick to fix that, as soon as I can.
You're Random Fortress, right? Eggman already fixed that for you guys, didn't he?

EDIT: I just put in the changes, will test tomorrow. It'll be a config, sourcemod/configs/saxton_hale_doors.cfg, and the top line will say "//Put in the maps for which you DON'T want doors to automatically open". Of course, it's the exceptions file, where all the maps in the file will have doors not automatically open.

All plugins: Randomizer/GiveWeapon, ModelManager, etc.
Post in plugin threads with questions.
Steam is for playing games.
You will be fed to javalia otherwise.
Psyduck likes replays.

Last edited by FlaminSarge; 10-12-2011 at 08:36.
MaloModo
Veteran Member
Old 10-12-2011 , 22:49   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaminSarge View Post
wasder: Sorry, completely forgot about gridwalls (and I even have it on my server!). Will actually implement something really quick to fix that, as soon as I can.
You're Random Fortress, right? Eggman already fixed that for you guys, didn't he?

EDIT: I just put in the changes, will test tomorrow. It'll be a config, sourcemod/configs/saxton_hale_doors.cfg, and the top line will say "//Put in the maps for which you DON'T want doors to automatically open". Of course, it's the exceptions file, where all the maps in the file will have doors not automatically open.
I didn't want to give away my secret but out of respect for Flamin...for KOTH maps....I like strippers
FlaminSarge
Veteran Member
Old 10-12-2011 , 23:31   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

Stripper: Source? Eh. I considered that, but... eh.

Psyduck likes replays.

Last edited by FlaminSarge; 10-12-2011 at 23:35.
MaloModo
Veteran Member
Old 10-13-2011 , 01:25   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaminSarge View Post
Stripper: Source? Eh. I considered that, but... eh.
LMFAO..have some canadian i thought it might save you some coding or something...wdik... eh ?

Just saying that with a few tweaks in stripper config koth maps work fine in VSH. (as always exceptions etc). FYI I don't know jack about making maps I have just read a few things here and there. Respect to map creators etc).
FlaminSarge
Veteran Member
Old 10-13-2011 , 19:47   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

Post it! I might be able to code it into VSH too, if I know which entities to replace/disable.

Also tf2update probably broke everything I DO NOT WANT TO SEE ANYTHING ABOUT THIS BEING BROKEN BECAUSE WE ALREADY KNOW.

Psyduck likes replays.
OrphanShadow
Old 10-13-2011 , 20:23   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

Well since TF2Items was fixed only glitch ive seen is hale sinking into the floor when you are controlling him. World model is fine, looks as if there is no problems, but from 1st person view it goes screwy.
FlaminSarge
Veteran Member
Old 10-13-2011 , 21:11   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

Orphan: reason for that is already known: Hale's health hits a multiple of 1024 and the clientside health bar hits zero (before looping back) hence he sees himself as sorta dead.

Psyduck likes replays.
Closed Thread