Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[TF2] Cosmetic Leveling Mod (v0.1.2)

Post New Thread Reply   

Jindo
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-06-2010 , 10:23   Re: [TF2] Cosmetic Leveling Mod (v0.1.2)
Reply With Quote #31

SQL support would be an interesting addition to this, or some way of storing people's levels and displaying them in a leaderboard either in-game or on a web interface.

Nice plugin so far.
Old 03-11-2010 , 05:05   Re: [TF2] Cosmetic Leveling Mod (v0.1.2)
Reply With Quote #32

Tested it on my idle server, when people not idlig,theyre fighting to death xD

Think ill put it permanent :p
Old 03-11-2010 , 07:02   Re: [TF2] Cosmetic Leveling Mod (v0.1.2)
Reply With Quote #33

A very nice plugin (oh why all the cool stuff goes to TF2 ). Any plans to make it support other games?
retsam
Veteran Member
Old 03-11-2010 , 12:24   Re: [TF2] Cosmetic Leveling Mod (v0.1.2)
Reply With Quote #34

Well, it shouldnt be tf2 specific to begin with. Any games that support hudtext should work(if its coded correctly). Other games that dont support hudtext should work too, but youd just have to find a different way to output the stuff.
noodleboy347
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-12-2010 , 00:03   Re: [TF2] Cosmetic Leveling Mod (v0.1.2)
Reply With Quote #35

I would prefer to keep it TF2 specific.
Thrawn2
Veteran Member
Old 03-14-2010 , 08:28   Re: [TF2] Cosmetic Leveling Mod (v0.1.2)
Reply With Quote #36

As you didnt implement my include in your version and the basic idea is just wonderful for modularity (and sourcemod was intended to be modular) i took the liberty of rewritting your code.
By splitting everything into core, hud etc it will be possible to use this in other games than tf2.
Furthermore there will be several ways to interact with it, allowing other plugins to give xp, apply effects etc.
Aaaand to finalize things for a first release version i'm currently also implementing an attribute system which works hand-in-hand with my levelmod version. Each level -> one free attribute point.
I'd love to get some other developers to adapt their plugins to be more modular (i.e. write natives), making it possible to interact - especially RIKUSYO with his RMF Ability pack and also to get some to use this as a basis for different mods, e.g. an WeaponUpgrade Mod using asherkins TF2Items.

I've setup a testing environment, direct connect tf2, direct connect l4d2. Please report any issues as this will help me release this beauty to the public earlier.

Last edited by Thrawn2; 03-14-2010 at 13:50.
noodleboy347
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-14-2010 , 15:39   Re: [TF2] Cosmetic Leveling Mod (v0.1.2)
Reply With Quote #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by [AAA] Thrawn View Post
As you didnt implement my include in your version and the basic idea is just wonderful for modularity (and sourcemod was intended to be modular) i took the liberty of rewritting your code.
By splitting everything into core, hud etc it will be possible to use this in other games than tf2.
Furthermore there will be several ways to interact with it, allowing other plugins to give xp, apply effects etc.
Aaaand to finalize things for a first release version i'm currently also implementing an attribute system which works hand-in-hand with my levelmod version. Each level -> one free attribute point.
I'd love to get some other developers to adapt their plugins to be more modular (i.e. write natives), making it possible to interact - especially RIKUSYO with his RMF Ability pack and also to get some to use this as a basis for different mods, e.g. an WeaponUpgrade Mod using asherkins TF2Items.

I've setup a testing environment, direct connect tf2, direct connect l4d2. Please report any issues as this will help me release this beauty to the public earlier.
I'm not too skilled with includes and natives, as basic as they may be, I wouldn't want to hassle you to make updates every time I (rarely) do. A weapon upgrade mod sounds great, however, I'm not too good of a coder here.
noodleboy347
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-14-2010 , 20:27   Re: [TF2] Cosmetic Leveling Mod (v0.1.2)
Reply With Quote #38

Please unapprove this, it has been replaced by the following:

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=121356
REDSCOUT
Old 03-30-2010 , 05:37   Re: [TF2] Cosmetic Leveling Mod (v0.1.2)
Reply With Quote #39

Bad news... It crashes the server and have to reboot it back up after 30min D:
Pfsm999
Old 03-30-2010 , 09:27   Re: [TF2] Cosmetic Leveling Mod (v0.1.2)
Reply With Quote #40

If you want help to incorpor on your code the possibilty to stock on DB XP, level, don't hesite to PM me

Great job man !