Dragokas
Veteran Member
Old 07-18-2019 , 15:26   Re: [RELEASE|SOURCE] BasicPawn - SourcePawn Editor
Reply With Quote #61

Nice! Thank you.
Byte
Old 11-02-2019 , 06:59   Re: [RELEASE|SOURCE] BasicPawn - SourcePawn Editor
Reply With Quote #62

Pretty cool project but why not just develop extensions for a well known editor instead (i.e. VSCode)? You get all the editor features for free and can offer language specific features on top. Unless its for the learning (creating an editor yourself).

Nice job though!
STEAM: /id/invexbyte | Github: Mo Beigi | Discord: Byte#0017
Community: Invex Gaming | My Plugins: Click Me!

Timocop
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-08-2019 , 09:43   Re: [RELEASE|SOURCE] BasicPawn - SourcePawn Editor
Reply With Quote #63

Ive started developing BasicPawn a long time ago before VSCode came out - only in private. I didnt knew VSCode at that time and i also didnt knew VSCode would become that popular. But yes like you said, most of the development was for learning reasons and for fun.
Also im a big ol fan of Windows Forms
Old 02-25-2020 , 07:10   Re: [RELEASE|SOURCE] BasicPawn - SourcePawn Editor
Reply With Quote #64

Updates!
Hey guys, its been a long time since i shipped an update for BasicPawn. Ive been busy for the past months and people have been waiting long for their feature requests, im sorry for the long wait.
Ive shipped some updates some days ago adding feature requests, bug fixes and some additions.

Also, BasicPawn on Github also reached its 1000 commit milestone! Yay! Who cares.

To the Updates:

Multi-threaded Parsing
Ive implemented multi-threaded parsing which parses several tabs simultaneously. By default its
Code:
Maximum Thread Count = (Processor Count / 2)
This is feature is still experimental and there seems to be some overall performance issues when multiple threads are running at the same time. If you have bad performance set the maximum thread count to 1 in the settings (Settings > Autocomplete & IntelliSense > Maximum parsing threads).

Relative Project Files
If enabled (enabled by default) projects will recursively search through directories - where the project file is located - and add all sources and include it can find. Without the need to manually add sources to the project. Which comes handy for portable projects or large projects which files and locations changes often.

Config Cleanup
The config settings have been sorted and grouped into tab pages. No lots of scrolling anymore.

Updater
Right of now the updater never restarts BasicPawn after installing an update. Now it does.

Peek definition
As requested - simplified version of - 'peek definition' has been added. Just like 'Find definition' it will find the target definition but will always open the result in a new tab.
Also an alternative shortcut "Ctrl+Mouse Click" for 'Find definition' has been added.

Tab Reloading
When you reload a tab - for example if the file has been changed - it will keep view and cursor location in the same position as it was before. Which causes less confusion when working with the same file in multiple tabs.

Automatic Error Reporting Plugin
Some settings have been changed. Please re-config your settings!

You can find the complete list of changes here.
And if you find bugs or have feature requests please report them here

Thanks for reading. Have a good day.
Old 02-26-2020 , 08:32   Re: [RELEASE|SOURCE] BasicPawn - SourcePawn Editor
Reply With Quote #65

I really love this application, its really comfortable to code Pawn with this, very good job man!
Old 03-11-2020 , 13:38   Re: [RELEASE|SOURCE] BasicPawn - SourcePawn Editor
Reply With Quote #66

Very happy with this editor, imo just needs some user experience improvements and maybe a fix for consistently highlighting brackets. Scrolling performance could also use a boost for large (or rather horizontally wide files).
Timocop
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-12-2020 , 01:37   Re: [RELEASE|SOURCE] BasicPawn - SourcePawn Editor
Reply With Quote #67

Im aware of the performance issues. Seems like its coming from comments. Alot of comments in the rendering area will eat up the most of CPU. Im very unsure why that happens and ill have to investigate this further.

Can you elaborate "fix for consistently highlighting brackets"?
I assume you mean highlighting brackets when inside method brackets?

EDIT:
Spoiler

EDIT2:
Nevermind, dont update. Doesnt make any difference. Seems like its the delimiters that causes this. The more delimiter symbols you have in the render view the more processing power it needs, thus, slower.
There nothing i can do for now. Id recommend to keep your lines short as possible.

Last edited by Timocop; 03-12-2020 at 04:54.
Alienmario
Old 03-13-2020 , 09:10   Re: [RELEASE|SOURCE] BasicPawn - SourcePawn Editor
Reply With Quote #68

For the brackets, it's quite simple. For example
Code:
public void OnPluginStart()
{
	// comments and string literals bug this
	char a = 'a';
}
Remove method contents and position yourself on { or } and highlighting will start working.

I hope you can eventually find a way to fix the performance but it's fine if you don't. Just a little thing to put up with.

Some other ideas if you're open: customizable build shortcuts, shift+enter to create new line and jump to it, block comments, ability to show whole document in minimap.
Timocop
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-13-2020 , 13:34   Re: [RELEASE|SOURCE] BasicPawn - SourcePawn Editor
Reply With Quote #69

The bracket, brace and parentheses highlighting is a known issue. Will fix it in the future.

Im always open for new feature requests. Open a new issue on BasicPawn Github and explain a bit further.
Old 04-23-2020 , 15:05   Re: [RELEASE|SOURCE] BasicPawn - SourcePawn Editor
Reply With Quote #70

Updates!
Im proud to announce BasicPawn v0.845!

Tip of the day
Because there are some hidden features in BasicPawn which users don't yet know about.
I'll extend the tips in the future, maybe the community can help with with spelling errors
Thanks to SM9();

Accelerator added to Automatic Error Reporting
Automatic Error Reporting will now detect Accelerator crash id's in logs and display them.
NOTE: The version 9.0.0.0 is buggy, please update to version 9.1.0.0!

Implemented scope highlighting
I have removed the old bracket highlighting. Instead, i have replaced it with the new scope highlighting feature. Which makes scopes easier to see.

Custom Icon Bar
The old icon bar could not change its color when you had dark mode enabled. But now it does!

A full changelog you can find here.

Have fun and happy coding!

Last edited by Timocop; 07-11-2020 at 17:36.