Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Problems since update

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

imported_Steak
Old 12-05-2005 , 16:44  

"I've updated CS:S DM but I pulled an all-nighter to do so (Valve broke a lot). I'm too tired to release at this point and I'll do it later today after a period of stress testing. " -Bailopan, dec 2nd.

People have a bit of a right to be impatient. Dont get me wrong, i love DM-mod and what Bopo has done, but sitting here in the dark for 3 days after he said he would release is kindof nerve erking. I'm assuming something didnt go right in the stress testing but... no way to know for sure unless Bopo says something.
PvtJimmy
Old 12-05-2005 , 17:33  

Anyone think that maybe something came up, I don't know, like his LIFE?!?! Bailo does ALL this for free so unless anyone here is sending him money to update the DM mod, NO ONE has a right to complain or bitch.

I don't blame him for not releasing the source code either, at least not yet, at least let it GA first, its still BETA.
Send a message via AIM to PvtJimmy Send a message via MSN to PvtJimmy Send a message via Yahoo to PvtJimmy
dec03001
Old 12-05-2005 , 17:47  

steak...........

BUMP
Old 12-05-2005 , 18:02  

Um, Jimmy, unless you can please point out in the forum rules where it says "no complaining...." you're wrong. As for something coming up, reread my post, thats basically what i said. It'd be nice to know that though, instead of sitting here hearing everyone's random guess about what that is. Also, several people have stated that they would send money to Bopo if it would help get DM mod up and running again. How long would it take Bopo to post on the forum something along the lines of 'sorry guys, this that this...' 15 minutes, max, and thats if he goes into a multiple page explaination. He could easily hop on for half a minute, just say word for word 'somethings come up' then hop off. Unless you want to assume he's a typer who just uses his index fingers and has to spend 5 minutes searching for the spacebar, which i highly, highly doubt.

Yes, he's doing this for free, as far as i know. But am i paying to keep my server running? yes, so unless you want to send me money to pay for my server, Jimmy... shhhh..
PvtJimmy
Old 12-05-2005 , 18:56  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAILOPAN
You will be more patient.
I think he already explained it pretty clearly....

Quote:
But am i paying to keep my server running?
No one is forcing you to run a DM server....

All I am saying is give the guy a break....
Send a message via AIM to PvtJimmy Send a message via MSN to PvtJimmy Send a message via Yahoo to PvtJimmy
imported_Steak
Old 12-05-2005 , 19:13  

"You will be more patient"

isnt an explaination

and all im saying is Bopo should at least give the reason he didnt release the update when he said he would.

He should add a donation sectoin to the page though, several people have said they would donate, and if he gets DM up and running again soon i would as well.
2bit
Old 12-05-2005 , 19:23  

What we are facing is the standard delays and lack of information we see from Valve, EA, and just about every other developer. We should all be used to it.

Its annoying, I have been checking these forums every few hours for an update.

I just hope that our best bud Bailo either gets it done or provides an update on the situation soon.

Im sure Bailo can understand the fustration.
haza55
Old 12-05-2005 , 20:21   Guys

get this into ur head he may have to go through hundreds or maybe thounsands of lines of code.

Mani had to rewrite a large part of his plugin.

So just wait.

Can a mod lock this topic
Closed Thread