Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D2 Practice Mod]

Post New Thread Reply   

Cintec
Old 04-15-2012 , 12:10   [L4D2 Practice Mod]
Reply With Quote #1

Hi all. Just thought I'd start by saying I'm seriously willing to pay someone experienced to make this happen.

I was wondering if it's possible to have an addon or possibly use a combination of existing addons that would function as a practice mod for teams trying to perfect certain spawn points in maps for both infected and survivor. Here's an example of what I'm thinking:

The ability to start the game at a certain choke-point within the map i.e. the outdoor area where the survivors have to run under a bridge and climb over a dumpster in c1m2 dead center map.

The ability for survivors to spawn with default equipment but then arm themselves with certain item packages quickly via in-game menus, i.e. AK+Molly+Melee (how it looks in-game menu) = equipped with ak47 + molotov, random melee weapon, and healthkit. Can this be done already through existing mods and modifying SM's in-game menu?

Infected spawn into ghost as whatever the director chooses but then can choose what they want before committing so each person can practice one class. I know for a fact that being able to select your SI class in ghost mode can already be done with an existing mod, so this part is taken care of. Or, infected spawn into ghost mode only after choosing via menu their class?

Both teams spawn in a "readyup" mode in which infected can ghost around the map taking the desired positions, and selecting desired classes, and survivors can choose their equipment packages. Once everyone is ready something similar to confogl/metafogl's "!ready" could be entered into chat to start a countdown to starting the game. Much like a saferoom scenario, but without the saferoom. In fact is there any reason that confogl/metafogl's readyup functionality couldn't be used for this purpose?

After either the survivors are all incapped or all cross a certain point in the map (and thus assuming that the SI failed to stop their forward progress) the round automatically restarts on the same point of the map or a new specific point chosen via menus. This is not totally necessary to the mod, but more of a convenience. As long as there is some way for an admin to restart on the current map point or load a different one. Via menus would be nice.

That's a simple breakdown for the mod idea. I have other details I would like to see added but... I'm guessing the most complicated (impossible?) part would be starting out of the saferooms for survivors and directly into a paused readyup state. I'll end this by saying - I'm seriously willing to pay someone experienced to make this happen.

Last edited by Cintec; 04-15-2012 at 14:14.
Cintec
Old 04-16-2012 , 09:43   Re: [L4D2 Practice Mod]
Reply With Quote #2

Sorry for the bump here, but I thought there would be more interest. Can anyone give me some suggestions/advice for getting this to work? Or is it possible at all?