Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

VSH VSH, old thread (v1.42) - Information/etc.

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

Unreal1
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-18-2011 , 18:51   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaminSarge View Post
You refused to read -.-

rowdy: that's strange, a plugin shouldn't be disconnecting the server from Steam. However, Valve *was* doing some maintenance at some point. Not sure when. Also pfffhahaha "the only real plugin". That's a good one.

blackracoon: There is no dropbox SMX of 1.38. I don't know why you'd be using it. Any other problems seem to be the result of you being in the server alone, with nobody else there. The game description (Team Fortress instead of Saxton Hale) has been addressed earlier in the thread as a bug that will never work consistently anymore due to some update.

I UPDATED THE TRANSLATIONS FILE (saxtonhale.phrases.txt) IN MY PREVIOUS POST.
If I mod the plugin to be able to change the game description, would you use it? Also should the description include the version or just Saxton Hale. Personally, I think just Saxton Hale is fine without displaying it's version.
FlaminSarge
Veteran Member
Old 12-19-2011 , 16:28   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

Unreal1: I already did that, a long time ago, when SDKHooks' gamedesc broke.
However, I'm working on making it so steamtools is optional, hence why it's not in the plugin yet.

I think you ought to take that down. It *should* work, but it does not do the required checks to make sure SteamTools is initialized. That's bad.

I left in the one define because there's no reason to remove it, and in case we ever need it again we have it there.

To others: I would NOT recommend downloading Unreal1's implementation just yet, as it is missing a few critical checks.

All plugins: Randomizer/GiveWeapon, ModelManager, etc.
Post in plugin threads with questions.
Steam is for playing games.
You will be fed to javalia otherwise.
Psyduck likes replays.

Last edited by FlaminSarge; 12-19-2011 at 16:44.
Unreal1
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-19-2011 , 17:16   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

Quote:
However, I'm working on making it so steamtools is optional, hence why it's not in the plugin yet.

I think you ought to take that down. It *should* work, but it does not do the required checks to make sure SteamTools is initialized. That's bad.

I left in the one define because there's no reason to remove it, and in case we ever need it again we have it there.

To others: I would NOT recommend downloading Unreal1's implementation just yet, as it is missing a few critical checks.
Lol it's just 1 line of code to require steamtools to be installed... And if you want it to be optional it's a minor edit to that code.

#undef REQUIRE_EXTENSIONS
#define REQUIRE_EXTENSIONS

Take your pick. Or am I missing something?

Also, if for example I wanted to make it so that Saxtons rage was triggered by a key other than "g" how would I go about that?
Sorry if I'm bothering you, I'm just trying to help.

Last edited by Unreal1; 12-19-2011 at 17:29.
duydangle
Old 12-20-2011 , 02:22   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

Quote:

Check out dynamic motd's source: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=147193

Last edited by duydangle; 12-20-2011 at 02:22.
FlaminSarge
Veteran Member
Old 12-20-2011 , 06:03   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unreal1 View Post
Lol it's just 1 line of code to require steamtools to be installed... And if you want it to be optional it's a minor edit to that code.

#undef REQUIRE_EXTENSIONS
#define REQUIRE_EXTENSIONS

Take your pick. Or am I missing something?

Also, if for example I wanted to make it so that Saxtons rage was triggered by a key other than "g" how would I go about that?
Sorry if I'm bothering you, I'm just trying to help.
You're missing the Steamtools required stuff, which checks if steamtools is initialized. That's important stuff there. It is NOT just 1 line :/

You could bind a key to taunt or +taunt to have another key be Rage, or you could add a custom command for rage via RegConsoleCmd, but you can't change the key itself, as keybinds are all clientside.

Now please remove the smx so I don't get people whining to me that it doesn't work. Leaving the .sp up is fine because I would assume that people who know how to use a .sp file would know how to find/fix errors to some extent.

duydangle: No, that's not it.

Psyduck likes replays.

Last edited by FlaminSarge; 12-20-2011 at 06:06.
loranger
Old 12-20-2011 , 09:10   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

why cant hale push the cart in payload?
snelvuur
Veteran Member
Old 12-20-2011 , 09:17   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

his torso is too big, so his hands cant reach the cart
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-20-2011 , 10:38   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by duydangle View Post
Check out dynamic motd's source: llhttp://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=147193
o

What's that supposed to do? And flaming I can't seem to find anything to check is steamtools is running, wouldn't requiring it be fine? Or are you trying to make it so that if the extensions isn't running, the plugin will still work?
SeoToX
Old 12-20-2011 , 13:39   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

Important suggestion:
hale_select [target] (hidden-optional) (type-optional)

Type: saxton, vaginer, hhh, sniper

Last edited by SeoToX; 12-20-2011 at 13:39.
FlaminSarge
Veteran Member
Old 12-20-2011 , 13:59   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

SeoToX: That ruins the modularity of it. You can easily do !hale_select player, then !hale_special hale, vagineer, hhh, christian
If I combined those into one command then you wouldn't be able to pick the next special without picking the next Hale. I think it's fine as-is.

Unreal1: Steam_FullyLoaded() to make sure that steamtools functions are available (even if you're making steamtools required, you can't use anything unless you check that).
I *am* trying to make it optional, which means I have to check that the extension library exists, then check that it's loaded, and if either gets unloaded, cancel the call to setting the description.

loranger: I've yet to test in payload, I think it has to do with locking the "point" (aka cart).

Psyduck likes replays.

Last edited by FlaminSarge; 12-20-2011 at 13:59.
Closed Thread