Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[TF2] Zombie Fortress (current version: 2.1.1)

Post New Thread Reply   

dirtyminuth
Old 05-18-2010 , 20:26   Re: [TF2] Zombie Fortress (current version: 2.1.1)
Reply With Quote #461

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWagstaff View Post
Would I be able to use zombie fortress maps and have it work in the meantime?
Of course!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwensley2 View Post
I'm not sure if this has to do with that bug or not, but when I tested the Dalokohs bar today I was at 350hp and eating it made my health go down to 300hp but it should go up to 400hp. So it would seem it is doing the opposite of what it should do.
There is a tiny issue with the max health bonuses / penalties caused by the Dalokohs Bar and Eyelander. For some reason, the typical property used to store a player's max health (m_iMaxHealth) does not include these bonuses / penalties. Hence, you may see some odd, but not gamebreaking, behavior when using these items.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameless View Post
Any chance you can create a cvar to turn off engineers or at least their sentries?
Instead of 'patching' an issue with a cvar, I'd rather solve the problem. There must be an underlying issue with sentries if you want this. What's up?
jwensley2
Old 05-18-2010 , 22:23   Re: [TF2] Zombie Fortress (current version: 2.1.1)
Reply With Quote #462

I have another bug to report.

Engineers are able to bypass the restriction on building both ends of a teleporter by using the "build #" console command.
Old 05-19-2010 , 00:07   Re: [TF2] Zombie Fortress (current version: 2.1.1)
Reply With Quote #463

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwensley2 View Post
I have another bug to report.

Engineers are able to bypass the restriction on building both ends of a teleporter by using the "build #" console command.
Do you mean engineers are building multiple teleporters (i.e. more than two entrances / two exits)? ZF doesn't impose any limits on building teleporters outside of standard TF2 rules.
jwensley2
Old 05-19-2010 , 01:17   Re: [TF2] Zombie Fortress (current version: 2.1.1)
Reply With Quote #464

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyminuth View Post
Do you mean engineers are building multiple teleporters (i.e. more than two entrances / two exits)? ZF doesn't impose any limits on building teleporters outside of standard TF2 rules.
Hmm, I thought it was ZF doing it but I guess not, thanks anyways.
Old 05-19-2010 , 04:20   Re: [TF2] Zombie Fortress (current version: 2.1.1)
Reply With Quote #465

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obliterous View Post
we're seeing stability issues as well, with the server needing to be restarted on a regular basis.
not quite sure what your crashing problems would be as we run 2 full time zf servers .. no crashing problems at all ...also we dont have any problems with the engineer problems some of you guys are having ..

just for your info we are running latest build of sourcemod 1.3.2 and also dev version of meta mod 1.9 ... id sugest running those and see if these help you guys at all !!
Old 05-19-2010 , 04:25   Re: [TF2] Zombie Fortress (current version: 2.1.1)
Reply With Quote #466

Quote:
Any chance you can create a cvar to turn off engineers or at least their sentries?

you could always use class restrict to remove engineers from the game ...or use weapon block http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthr...t=wpnblock.smx to restrict engineer building !!

If anyone needs help with there zf server feel free to add me on steam ..

or go to thecrazygfl.co.uk

Last edited by crazy-tony; 05-19-2010 at 04:28.
jameless
Veteran Member
Old 05-19-2010 , 07:14   Re: [TF2] Zombie Fortress (current version: 2.1.1)
Reply With Quote #467

Yea I was going to use a separate plugin and create map specific cvars to restrict the engies but I thought it might be nicer if the zf plugin itself did it. I'm not experiencing problems with the engies except that when there are less people playing some folks complain about the sentries. But thanks for the suggestion.
crazy-tony
Old 05-19-2010 , 10:43   Re: [TF2] Zombie Fortress (current version: 2.1.1)
Reply With Quote #468

Quote:
Yea I was going to use a separate plugin and create map specific cvars to restrict the engies but I thought it might be nicer if the zf plugin itself did it. I'm not experiencing problems with the engies except that when there are less people playing some folks complain about the sentries. But thanks for the suggestion.

ahhhh i see what you want now ....can i sugest another plugin that will sort you out ....http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthr...t=class+unlock

tf2 class unlock ...meaning no one can go engie until the amount of players set have joined server
Old 05-19-2010 , 17:51   Re: [TF2] Zombie Fortress (current version: 2.1.1)
Reply With Quote #469

Currently when you die the plugin waits until you respawn to move you to the Zombie team, would it be possible to do that immediately so that you can pick the class you want to spawn as before you spawn? I know you can just manually change sides and then pick but I think it would be easier if the plugin just moved you immediately after death. If there is a way you can trigger the class chooser screen to open when you become a Zombie that would probably be nice too.
Old 05-19-2010 , 20:25   Re: [TF2] Zombie Fortress (current version: 2.1.1)
Reply With Quote #470

Recently had a thought while playing payload, one of the more difficult maps to play zombie fortress with, and was wondering if it was possible to implement an action that could make x amount of zombies survivors when the survivors reach a checkpoint or even in the other modes just with capturing points