Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Changing model (brush) scale.

Post New Thread Reply   

thEsp
BANNED
Old 04-01-2020 , 16:00   Changing model (brush) scale.
Reply With Quote #1

Shalom!

I am trying to make a rotating entity (for fun purposes) that will use a certain map as model. But in order to achieve this, the model should be scaled, because it is already huge. I tried to change EV_FL_scale (equivalent of pev_scale, used for sprites AFAIK), but that did nothing. I did search since last night, and there was nothing that could help me. Most threads were left unanswered. There was a thread I wanted to restore about this topic from like 2 years ago, but that was buried and I could not find it.

Is there possibly any module that interacts with engine and changes the size of brush or regular models?

This is what I tried so far, probably unneeded, but for the sake of consistency:
Code:
#include <amxmodx> #include <fun> #include <engine> #define MODEL "maps/cs_assault.bsp" public plugin_init() {     register_clcmd("say /m", "cmd_Map"); } public plugin_precache() {     precache_model(MODEL); } public cmd_Map(id) {     new Origin[3], Float:fOrigin[3];     get_user_origin(id, Origin, 3);     fOrigin[0] = float(Origin[0]);     fOrigin[1] = float(Origin[1]);     fOrigin[2] = float(Origin[2]);     new Entity = create_entity("info_target");     entity_set_vector(Entity, EV_VEC_origin, fOrigin);     entity_set_int(Entity, EV_INT_movetype, MOVETYPE_PUSH);     entity_set_int(Entity, EV_INT_solid, SOLID_BSP);     entity_set_model(Entity, MODEL);     entity_set_float(Entity, EV_FL_scale, 0.1);         set_user_noclip(id, true); // To hover around, else I'd get stuck. Optional. }

Thanks in advance - thEsp with love.

Last edited by thEsp; 04-01-2020 at 16:05.
DarthMan
Veteran Member
Old 04-07-2020 , 05:53   Re: Changing model (brush) scale.
Reply With Quote #2

I do not think that it is possible, at least not with the Half-Life engine.
In Source engine there is a property for changing the size of models, but we are talking about the Half-Life engine now.
gabuch2
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-07-2020 , 11:16   Re: Changing model (brush) scale.
Reply With Quote #3

IIRC Spirit of Half Life had model scaling, so it's possible. (which may need modification in the client's binary, in that case you're out of luck)

Last edited by gabuch2; 04-07-2020 at 11:20.
Old 04-07-2020, 13:33
thEsp
This message has been deleted by thEsp. Reason: ignorants gonna ignore