Plugin Version:
Plugin Category:
Gameplay
Plugin Game:
Left 4 Dead
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:
    Plugin Description:
    Spawns a single weapon fixed in position, these can be temporary or saved for auto-spawning.
    Old 08-08-2013 , 08:10   [L4D & L4D2] Weapon Spawn (1.15) [25-Mar-2024]
    Reply With Quote #1

Related Plugins:

About:
    • Save weapons/items to the map for auto-spawning on round_start.
    • This plugin spawns single weapons/items. They are frozen in place. You can use the pos/ang commands to rotate.
    • Data config saved to l4d_weapon_spawn.cfg in your servers \addons\sourcemod\data\ folder.
    • Do not request any features. If you don't like the plugin then make your own.

• disawar1 - Helped with code fixes.
    • chatyak - Lots of help.
    • Herbie - Lots of help.
    • worminater
    • Sev

Admin Commands: (requires "z" flag)

PHP Code:
    sm_weapon_spawn         // Opens a menu of weapons/items to spawn. Spawns a temporary weapon at your crosshair.
    sm_weapon_spawn_save    // Opens a menu of weapons/items to spawn. Spawns a weapon at your crosshair and saves to config.
    sm_weapon_spawn_del     // Removes the weapon you are pointing at and deletes from the config if saved.
    sm_weapon_spawn_clear   // Removes all weapons spawned by this plugin from the current map.
    sm_weapon_spawn_wipe    // Removes all weapons spawned by this plugin from the current map and deletes them from the config.
    sm_weapon_spawn_glow    // Toggle to enable glow on all weapons to see where they are placed.
    sm_weapon_spawn_list    // Display a list weapon positions and the total number of.
    sm_weapon_spawn_tele    // Teleport to a weapon (Usage: sm_weapon_spawn_tele <index: 1 to MAX_SPAWNS (32)>).
    sm_weapon_spawn_ang     // Displays a menu to adjust the weapon angles your crosshair is over.
    sm_weapon_spawn_mov     // Move weapon. Usage: sm_weapon_spawn_mov {x|y|z} {distance}
    sm_weapon_spawn_pos     // Displays a menu to adjust the weapon origin your crosshair is over.
    sm_weapon_spawn_rot     // Rotate weapon. Usage: sm_weapon_spawn_rot {x|y|z|} {degree} 

Cvars:

Saved to l4d_weapon_spawn.cfg in your servers \cfg\sourcemod\ folder.

PHP Code:
    // 0=Plugin off, 1=Plugin on.
    l4d_weapon_spawn_allow "1"

// 0=Infinite. How many items/weapons to give from 1 spawner.
    l4d_weapon_spawn_count "1"

// Turn on the plugin in these game modes, separate by commas (no spaces). (Empty = all).
    l4d_weapon_spawn_modes ""

// Turn off the plugin in these game modes, separate by commas (no spaces). (Empty = none).
    l4d_weapon_spawn_modes_off ""

// Turn on the plugin in these game modes. 0=All, 1=Coop, 2=Survival, 4=Versus, 8=Scavenge. Add numbers together.
    l4d_weapon_spawn_modes_tog "0"

// -1=All, 0=None. Otherwise randomly select this many weapons to spawn from the maps config.
    l4d_weapon_spawn_random "-1"

// 0=Off. Chance out of 100 to randomise the type of item/weapon regardless of what it's set to.
    l4d_weapon_spawn_randomise "25"

// Weapon Spawn plugin version.
    l4d_weapon_spawn_version 

Changes:
    Code:
    1.15 (25-Mar-2024)
        - Changes to fix conflicts with the "ConVars Anomaly Fixer" plugin. Thanks to "komikoza" for reporting and testing.

1.14 (25-May-2023)
        - Fixed the M60, Grenade Launcher and Chainsaw not following the count cvar limit. Thanks to "gamer_kanelita" for reporting.

1.13 (20-Sep-2022)
        - Fixed incorrect model list. Thanks to "HarryPotter" for reporting.

1.12 (10-Aug-2022)
        - Fixed the plugin attempting to back up the data file even after converting to version 2 format. Thanks to "HarryPotter" for reporting.

1.11 (04-Jun-2022)
        - Fixed not updating the full data config if an index was missing. Now throws errors to warn about missing indexes.
        - Plugin will auto backs up the previous data config before updating it.

1.10 (04-Jun-2022)
        - L4D2: Plugin now automatically converts old configs to use the new index values. Previous version was spawning the wrong types.
        - Thanks to "KoMiKoZa" for reporting.

1.9 (26-May-2022)
        - Changed the menu order of items to group similar types together.
        - Menu now displays the last page that was selected instead of returning to the first page.

1.8 (23-Apr-2022)
        - Changes to allow "CSS" weapons to spawn multiple copies with the "l4d_weapon_spawn_count" cvar. Thanks to "vikingo12" for reporting.

1.7 (15-Feb-2021)
        - Added new command "sm_weapon_spawn_mov" for direct console control of position. Thanks to "eyeonus" for scripting.
        - Added new command "sm_weapon_spawn_rot" for direct console control of rotation. Thanks to "eyeonus" for scripting.
        - Fixed invalid convar handles in L4D1. Thanks to "CryWolf" for reporting.

1.6 (10-May-2020)
        - Blocked glow command and convars from L4D1 which does not support glows.
        - Extra checks to prevent "IsAllowedGameMode" throwing errors.
        - Various changes to tidy up code.
        - Various optimizations and fixes.

1.5 (01-Apr-2020)
        - Fixed "IsAllowedGameMode" from throwing errors when the "_tog" cvar was changed before MapStart.

1.4 (05-May-2018)
        - Converted plugin source to the latest syntax utilizing methodmaps. Requires SourceMod 1.8 or newer.
        - Changed cvar "l4d_weapon_spawn_modes_tog" now supports L4D1.

1.3.1 (20-Nov-2015)
        - Fixed the Sniper Scout not spawning when "l4d_weapon_spawn_count" cvar was set to 0.

1.3 (19-Nov-2015)
        - Fixed Auto Shotgun ammo in L4D1 not filling.
        - Fixed some guns not spawning when "l4d_weapon_spawn_count" cvar was set to 0.

1.2 (29-Mar-2015)
        - Fixed the plugin not loading in L4D1 due to an Invalid Convar Handle.

1.1 (18-Aug-2013)
        - Added cvar "l4d_weapon_spawn_count" to set how many times a spawner gives items/weapons before disappearing.
        - Added cvar "l4d_weapon_spawn_randomise" to randomise the spawns based on a chance out of 100.

1.0 (08-Aug-2012)
        - Initial release.

Installation:
    • Click "Get Plugin" and put the .smx file into your servers \addons\sourcemod\plugins\ folder.
    Attached Files
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (l4d_weapon_spawn.sp - 17 views - 54.1 KB)

Last edited by Silvers; 03-25-2024 at 15:55.
    lightpro
    Old 08-11-2013 , 01:45   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Weapon Spawn (1.0) [08-Aug-2013]
    Reply With Quote #2

Anyway to spawn weapons that when you pick up it's don't dissapear ? Srr for my bad English =]]
    Silvers
    SourceMod Plugin Approver
    Old 08-11-2013 , 04:36   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Weapon Spawn (1.0) [08-Aug-2013]
    Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
    Originally Posted by lightpro View Post
    Anyway to spawn weapons that when you pick up it's don't dissapear ? Srr for my bad English =]]
    I don't know why this is happening for some people, I guess it's SMAC or some other plugin. Works fine for me.
    Old 08-11-2013 , 05:14   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Weapon Spawn (1.0) [08-Aug-2013]
    Reply With Quote #4

Then can you make some plugins for this?
    Silvers
    Old 08-11-2013 , 05:15   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Weapon Spawn (1.0) [08-Aug-2013]
    Reply With Quote #5

Make what? For what? To fix it?
    Old 08-11-2013 , 08:35   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Weapon Spawn (1.0) [08-Aug-2013]
    Reply With Quote #6

No, make the plugin like this one but it spawn a weapon that after we grab it won't dissapear or show me how to work that
    chatyak
    Old 08-12-2013 , 11:21   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Weapon Spawn (1.0) [08-Aug-2013]
    Reply With Quote #7

I think he's asking to make a feature where you can spawn the weapon, but upon taking the weapon - it doesn't get removed (infinite weapon). Personally, I rather have the weapon removed when someone takes it like it is now - more realistic.
    Silvers
    Old 08-12-2013 , 14:05   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Weapon Spawn (1.0) [08-Aug-2013]
    Reply With Quote #8

Yeah I agree about realism. I may add a cvar to set the weapon count / single spawn, it's simply changing the entity to _spawn type and setting the "count" key value. But this will no doubt break in Hard Rain, spawning multiple weapons in the same spot (because Hard Rain remembers the previous maps _spawn weapons and recreates them on the journey back). I also don't like multiple weapons from a single spawn because of the realism factor which is why I didn't include it to begin with.
    Old 08-12-2013 , 22:47   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Weapon Spawn (1.0) [08-Aug-2013]
    Reply With Quote #9

But i want you teach me how to make from single spawn to multiple spawn, not to fix the plugin. Pls silvers, I'm a noob. I don't know how to edit it.

Last edited by lightpro; 08-12-2013 at 22:51.
    Silvers
    Old 08-13-2013 , 04:57   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Weapon Spawn (1.0) [08-Aug-2013]
    Reply With Quote #10

LOL. Really now. You can either wait or do your own thing, that means don't ask me.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Silvers View Post
    Do not request any features. If you don't like the plugin then make your own.