Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D] Zombie Havoc

Post New Thread Reply   

Sgt. Wassabi
Old 09-27-2009 , 22:53   Re: [L4D] Zombie Havoc
Reply With Quote #111

Is there any way to play this with 8 human players hosting a local server?
Bigbuck
Old 09-27-2009 , 23:16   Re: [L4D] Zombie Havoc
Reply With Quote #112

If you using the matchmaking system, then no since you don't know what server you will actually be connecting to. As I said in the post above yours, if you are hosting a dedicated server on your PC then yes you can do that.
AKCoyote
Old 09-29-2009 , 10:55   Re: [L4D] Zombie Havoc
Reply With Quote #113

I tried getting this to run last night again...still no luck. For some reason it's only allowing 3 people to join my server.

I removed all my other non-base[SM] plugins (L4D specific plugins), installed L4Downtown and L4DRemoveLobbyReservation. I edited my server.cfg with the recommended cvars.

Still nothing. I can get on when I'm the only one of the server, I got off and had to do some stuff, but I kept checking my server's status, and there were never more than 3 people on at any given time.

My server.cfg:
Code:
// Server password
sv_password "" 

//in game browser
sv_flags "Browser"

// Server Cvars
mp_disable_autokick 1 //Prevents a userid from being auto-kicked
sv_allow_lobby_only 0 
sv_allow_color_correction 0 //Allow or disallow clients to use color correction on this server.
sv_allow_wait_command 0 //Allow or disallow the wait command on clients connected to this server.
sv_alltalk 0 //Players can hear all other players, no team restrictions
sv_alternateticks 0 //If set, server only simulates entities on even numbered ticks.
sv_cheats 0 //Allow cheats on server
sv_clearhinthistory 1 //Clear memory of server side hints displayed to the player.
sv_consistency 1 //Whether the server enforces file consistency for critical files
sv_contact “[email protected]” //Contact email for server sysop
sv_downloadurl “” //Location from which clients can download missing files
sv_gametypes "coop" // restrict to coop 

sm_cvar sv_visiblemaxplayers    6
sm_cvar l4d_maxplayers     8

// Lan or internet play, Server region cvars
//sv_lan 0 //Server is a lan server ( no heartbeat, no authentication, no non-class C addresses )
sv_region 0 // Region Codes: 0 - US East coast, 1 - US West coast, 2 - South America, 3 - Europe, 4 - Asia, 5 - Australia, 6 - Middle East, 7 - Africa, 255 - world

// Server Logging
sv_log_onefile 0 //Log server information to only one file.
sv_logbans 1 //Log server bans in the server logs.
sv_logecho 0 //Echo log information to the console.
sv_logfile 1 //Log server information in the log file.
sv_logflush 0 //Flush the log file to disk on each write (slow).
sv_logsdir “logs” //Folder in the game directory where server logs will be stored.

//Server Rates
sv_maxcmdrate 120 //(If sv_mincmdrate is > 0), this sets the maximum value for cl_cmdrate.
sv_unlag 1
sv_maxunlag .5

//Fix to get your server onto the master lists
setmaster add 68.142.72.250:27011
setmaster add 72.165.61.189:27011

//sv_steamgroup //this is your group’s steam group id.. allows members to join from main menu add
//sv_steamgroup_exclusive 0 //to make it exclusive and private

// Difficulty of the current game  (easy, normal, hard, impossible)
z_difficulty    normal
My error log spams this:
Quote:
L 09/28/2009 - 237:05: Info (map "l4d_deadcity01_riverside") (file "errors_20090928.log")
L 09/28/2009 - 237:05: [SM] Native "IsFakeClient" reported: Client 5 is not connected
L 09/28/2009 - 237:05: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "l4d_zombie_havoc.smx":
L 09/28/2009 - 237:05: [SM] [0] Line 363, /home/groups/alliedmodders/forums/files/5/6/5/3/3/50306.attach::HumanTeamPlayers()
L 09/28/2009 - 237:05: [SM] [1] Line 462, /home/groups/alliedmodders/forums/files/5/6/5/3/3/50306.attach::ControlClients()
L 09/28/2009 - 237:05: [SM] [2] Line 275, /home/groups/alliedmodders/forums/files/5/6/5/3/3/50306.attach::OnClientDisconnect()
L 09/28/2009 - 23:40:03: Error log file session closed.
my server log says this
Quote:
L 09/28/2009 - 23:40:03: -------- Mapchange to l4d_deadcity01_riverside --------
L 09/28/2009 - 23:40:04: [basecommands.smx] "Console<0><Console><Console>" changed cvar (cvar "sv_visiblemaxplayers") (value "6")
L 09/28/2009 - 23:40:04: [basecommands.smx] "Console<0><Console><Console>" changed cvar (cvar "l4d_maxplayers") (value "8")
Anything look out of place? Should I just wait until the next version of ZH to try it again?

Thanks in advance!
AKCoyote
Bigbuck
Old 09-29-2009 , 12:04   Re: [L4D] Zombie Havoc
Reply With Quote #114

I've fixed that error and updated the automatic spawning in 1.3.2b which can be found in the OP. I've changed the CVAR's one last time as mentioned above and update the automatic spawning. I will try to explain everything in the OP.

Last edited by Bigbuck; 09-29-2009 at 12:38.
sikamikanico
Old 10-01-2009 , 07:28   Re: [L4D] Zombie Havoc
Reply With Quote #115

i am using zombie havok for 3 days now, and it seems to work as it should (with update to 1.3.2b) thank you for your great work!

just one thing, when i play deadair, and the server switches to lvl2 it seems that the second team just dies

i have only testet it with bots, so perhaps its not a real problem

but they respawn in a closet in the building before the crane event, and i have to free them

also on the new map crash course, on lvl 1 the other 4 survivors seem to spawn somewhere else on the map, but i guess this is due to the map being new?
Bigbuck
Old 10-01-2009 , 14:52   Re: [L4D] Zombie Havoc
Reply With Quote #116

Never heard of that before on Dead Air or any other map for that matter so am not sure if it's a plugin problem or the game. As for crash course, I haven't played it yet so I don't know how the map is laid out. If it is like the other maps I don't see why it wouldn't spawn them all together. Now that I think of it, there was one custom map I played that did something like this and it was a bug so maybe that's what it is. Can anyone else confirm this issue? Valve released another update last night so make sure you have updated your servers.
leonil7
BANNED
Old 10-02-2009 , 03:33   Re: [L4D] Zombie Havoc
Reply With Quote #117

try :
sm_cvar sv_visiblemaxplayers -1
sv_consistency 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKCoyote View Post
I tried getting this to run last night again...still no luck. For some reason it's only allowing 3 people to join my server.

I removed all my other non-base[SM] plugins (L4D specific plugins), installed L4Downtown and L4DRemoveLobbyReservation. I edited my server.cfg with the recommended cvars.

Still nothing. I can get on when I'm the only one of the server, I got off and had to do some stuff, but I kept checking my server's status, and there were never more than 3 people on at any given time.

Anything look out of place? Should I just wait until the next version of ZH to try it again?

Thanks in advance!
AKCoyote
Send a message via ICQ to leonil7 Send a message via AIM to leonil7 Send a message via Yahoo to leonil7 Send a message via Skype™ to leonil7
leonil7
BANNED
Old 10-02-2009 , 03:39   Re: [L4D] Zombie Havoc
Reply With Quote #118

yes this happened to me too, players spawning too far away from the battlefield. esp in the new CrashCourse campaign. i think error is with the new maps, even making crazy music/sounds. I had no problem with the previous 4 official campaigns. Obviously Valve, out of expediency and for marketing reasons, released their new map with poor quality control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikamikanico View Post
i am using zombie havok for 3 days now, and it seems to work as it should (with update to 1.3.2b) thank you for your great work!

just one thing, when i play deadair, and the server switches to lvl2 it seems that the second team just dies

i have only testet it with bots, so perhaps its not a real problem

but they respawn in a closet in the building before the crane event, and i have to free them

also on the new map crash course, on lvl 1 the other 4 survivors seem to spawn somewhere else on the map, but i guess this is due to the map being new?
Send a message via ICQ to leonil7 Send a message via AIM to leonil7 Send a message via Yahoo to leonil7 Send a message via Skype™ to leonil7
titan_rw
Old 10-05-2009 , 23:01   Re: [L4D] Zombie Havoc
Reply With Quote #119

Hi again.

I set:

sm_l4d_zh_survivor_max_limit "8"
sm_l4d_zh_survivor_min_imit "4" <-- typo?

In order to have at least 4 survivors, but allowing upto 8 if more people join. I joined my own server while it was empty. It seemed to spawn 4 MORE survivors. There were 8 total on the rooftop of NM01.

If I set MIN and MAX to 4, I got the original 4 at the start. I was then able to increase min and max manually to 5, then "rcon sb_add", and another bot would spawn 30 seconds later in a closet.

Is there something I'm missing to get the MIN cvar working?
Bigbuck
Old 10-05-2009 , 23:11   Re: [L4D] Zombie Havoc
Reply With Quote #120

Let me make sure I understand what you are saying. With the settings you posted, you had 4 survivors to start with and when you joined, 4 more were connected instead of just one? Were there any errors in your logs? You should have received a message saying you were auto-connected.

Last edited by Bigbuck; 10-05-2009 at 23:34.