Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[L4D] Zombie Havoc

Post New Thread Reply   

Bigbuck
Old 08-02-2009 , 23:55   Re: [L4D] Zombie Havoc
Reply With Quote #11

Zombie havoc 1.1.0 is released. I didn't get one of the features I wanted to in this release but I will probably get it into the next one. The OP has been updated to reflect the changes and everything you need is in it. Once again any feedback is appreciated.
ProdigyXP
Old 08-05-2009 , 13:58   Re: [L4D] Zombie Havoc
Reply With Quote #12

Sorry if I am missing the obvious, but how do I actually utilize this mod? Meaning, after I get the plugin running on my server, how do I get 8 people to connect to play 8 player coop? Have everyone join a lobby as versus? Direct connect only? Please provide details on how to actually initiate an 8-player coop game. Thanks!
Bigbuck
Old 08-05-2009 , 15:05   Re: [L4D] Zombie Havoc
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyXP View Post
Sorry if I am missing the obvious, but how do I actually utilize this mod? Meaning, after I get the plugin running on my server, how do I get 8 people to connect to play 8 player coop? Have everyone join a lobby as versus? Direct connect only? Please provide details on how to actually initiate an 8-player coop game. Thanks!
That information is in the first post on the first page. Unlike Left8Dead you do not need to fake your server into thinking it is running Versus. Players can join through the lobby or directly, whatever method you prefer. Personally, I use a Steam group as its the easiest way.
ProdigyXP
Old 08-05-2009 , 15:30   Re: [L4D] Zombie Havoc
Reply With Quote #14

Thank you for the quick reply. So just for clarification, I would be able to:

o - create a lobby for coop
o - have 3 other friends join me
o - start the 4 player coop game
o - have 4 other friends join us at any time even though the lobby was originally reserved for 4 player coop

So I assume your plug-in is automatically changing the reservation for me?

Lastly, are you looking to make this work with survival mode as well?

Thanks again.
Bigbuck
Old 08-05-2009 , 15:44   Re: [L4D] Zombie Havoc
Reply With Quote #15

In my testing, the server has never been set to reserved whether it be full or not so I would just try it and see what happens. I have no intentions of trying to make this work with Survival mode. Zombie Havoc is made strictly for Coop.
ProdigyXP
Old 08-05-2009 , 20:40   Re: [L4D] Zombie Havoc
Reply With Quote #16

I did try this tonight with my server. It did not allow more than 4 people to join, even though the server showed 4/8. I tried every means of connecting (driect, steamgroup, invite, etc). I thought maybe it was due to server reservations, so I installed Downtown's unreserve plugin. Before I tried it, I remembered that I had allow_lobby_connect_only set to 1, so I changed it to 0. When I tried this time, it worked fine. I'm not sure yet which change allowed it to work. Thanks for the plugin.

Any chance of making it so it will not spawn bot players? It would be nice to only have survivors spawned if there is a human to control them.
savagekid
Old 08-05-2009 , 20:50   Re: [L4D] Zombie Havoc
Reply With Quote #17

That is impossible with any mod. Survivors can't just appear out of thin air when players join.

Use Coupon Code "GLOBAL50" To Get 50% Off Every Month.
Send a message via MSN to savagekid
Bigbuck
Old 08-05-2009 , 20:52   Re: [L4D] Zombie Havoc
Reply With Quote #18

I just checked my server.cfg and sv_allow_lobby_connect_only is 0 so I am pretty sure that was the problem. I will update the first post with that information. As for the no bots, I will take a look at adding that feature in one of the next versions.
ProdigyXP
Old 08-05-2009 , 22:41   Re: [L4D] Zombie Havoc
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by savagekid View Post
That is impossible with any mod. Survivors can't just appear out of thin air when players join.
I believe SuperVersus does this already. I think "impossible" is over-stated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbuck View Post
I just checked my server.cfg and sv_allow_lobby_connect_only is 0 so I am pretty sure that was the problem. I will update the first post with that information. As for the no bots, I will take a look at adding that feature in one of the next versions.
That would great. Thanks. BTW, for the heck of it, I loaded up a survival map just now (Helms Deep) and had all 8 players show up in-game. So it looks to be working with survival the same way.
Bigbuck
Old 08-05-2009 , 23:01   Re: [L4D] Zombie Havoc
Reply With Quote #20

I am pretty sure Left8Dead has a feature that does this or something similar to it. A guy on the first page also requested this which is what made me look at it.