Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Pinion Discussion Thread

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

Horsedick
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-25-2013 , 09:41   Re: So, who will be dropping Pinion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur.PinionGG View Post
Are you using the latest version or v1.12.15? If you upgrade to v1.12.16 and install the Steamtools extension you shouldn't have any problems.
ok as soon as you tell me where in the source to make it so it doesn't force but 15 seconds vs 30 and I'll do that.
igotfits
Old 05-26-2013 , 16:23   Re: So, who will be dropping Pinion?

hey arthur quick question are accounts being throttled? i have noticed after comparing accounts with another pinion user from this forum that me an him every hour have the same or close to the same amount of impressions (off by nomore than 50) which is extremely odd. i own 4 servers that stay full and he own 2 but yet he avgs the same amount of impressions as me. are impressions being taken?

Last edited by igotfits; 05-26-2013 at 16:23.
andrew13
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-26-2013 , 17:38   Re: So, who will be dropping Pinion?

I'm at the latest verison and when I watch the ad it stays at "Loading....." Please help me.
Dr. McKay
Sir Dr. SourceMod Plugin Approver Esq. Ltd. M.D. PhD
Old 05-26-2013 , 20:28   Re: So, who will be dropping Pinion?

If you're running Pinion on TF2 servers, you might want to put this in your server.cfg:

Code:
sm_cvar mp_waitingforplayers_time 60
This will set the Waiting for Players timer to 1:00 (up from 00) so that there's time for people to finish the ad before the round starts.
Old 05-27-2013 , 19:35   Re: So, who will be dropping Pinion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsedick View Post
ok as soon as you tell me where in the source to make it so it doesn't force but 15 seconds vs 30 and I'll do that.
This is no longer handled in the plugin,

Quote:
Originally Posted by igotfits View Post
hey arthur quick question are accounts being throttled? i have noticed after comparing accounts with another pinion user from this forum that me an him every hour have the same or close to the same amount of impressions (off by nomore than 50) which is extremely odd. i own 4 servers that stay full and he own 2 but yet he avgs the same amount of impressions as me. are impressions being taken?
No accounts are being throttled or anything of that nature, it could be due to a number of variables such as server location, plugin version etc. You could be getting more international traffic or players from non salable regions.

If you would like me to take a closer look at the breakdown and give you some suggestions / feedback send in an support ticket and I'll do my best to give you the right answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew13 View Post
I'm at the latest version and when I watch the ad it stays at "Loading....." Please help me.
'Loading' is the correct and expected behavior, basically it should display loading until the advert starts playing, once the ad is playing the plugin can ask our server the duration of the advert and get a response that results in 100% completion for you. In some cases at the moment, it stops asking the adback server for duration prior to the advert loading. If this is the issue let me know, I might do an unofficial hotfix which should increase the polling rate and reduce this problem.

Last edited by Arthur.PinionGG; 05-27-2013 at 19:38.
Horsedick
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-27-2013 , 19:50   Re: So, who will be dropping Pinion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur.PinionGG View Post
This is no longer handled in the plugin,

Ok...?? So how do I adjust this cause I'm not going to force players to view more than 15seconds of ads.
Arthur.PinionGG
Old 05-27-2013 , 19:55   Re: So, who will be dropping Pinion?

Quote:
Ok...?? So how do I adjust this cause I'm not going to force players to view more than 15seconds of ads.
The best solution I can come up with as a temporary measure is reverting back to a custom v1.12.14, just ensure it's compiled without updater support and adjusted to max of 19 seconds (slight buffer for counter to start and load).

I can put this together for you if you email support,
Zephyrus
Cool Pig B)
Old 05-28-2013 , 01:35   Re: So, who will be dropping Pinion?

Quote:
then just dont do it at all because you would force 15 secs and you wont get any money for it
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-28-2013 , 19:04   Re: So, who will be dropping Pinion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyrus View Post
then just dont do it at all because you would force 15 secs and you wont get any money for it
I have it set to 16 seconds as of now and I'm getting enough impressions and paid enough to break even so I'm happy with that. Anything more than that is wayyy too much and players will revolt against it and that is something I don't like. There should be something in the new versions to adjust for this to where I can avoid the errors but as it is now I'll just deal with the errors.
Zephyrus
Cool Pig B)
Old 05-29-2013 , 03:54   Re: So, who will be dropping Pinion?

LOL hotfixes come in a day or two max, not after a month :'d