Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D & L4D2] NEVER respawn dead survivors

Post New Thread Reply   

asto
Old 06-16-2011 , 15:46   [L4D & L4D2] NEVER respawn dead survivors
Reply With Quote #1

The most annoying thing in Left 4 Dead that the dead survivors always reborn. It makes the gameplay to easy and very boring.
The game is not survival horror, because if you are died, you will reborn.
You don't have to be careful = the game is boring.

I can disable the rescue closets in both game, but in next map, the dead survivors will respawn in saferooms.

Help
Old 06-17-2011 , 02:11   Re: [L4D & L4D2] NEVER respawn dead survivors
Reply With Quote #2

TRY THIS
Code:
sm_cvar sv_rescue_disabled "1"
asto
Old 06-17-2011 , 07:11   Re: [L4D & L4D2] NEVER respawn dead survivors
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8106125 View Post
TRY THIS
Code:
sm_cvar sv_rescue_disabled "1"
"I can disable the rescue closets in both game, but in next map, the dead survivors will respawn in saferooms." <-- the bold (emphasized) part is the problem

How to disable the respawn of the dead survivors in the saferoom after the next map is loaded?

If once a survivor died, force he to stay dead the whole campaign. So never respawn him.
Help.
Elektramode
Old 06-17-2011 , 17:16   Re: [L4D & L4D2] NEVER respawn dead survivors
Reply With Quote #4

put the command in your server .cfg so it executes everytime your server is on.
asto
Old 06-20-2011 , 16:36   Re: [L4D & L4D2] NEVER respawn dead survivors
Reply With Quote #5

This cvar only works in L4D2, and it just disables the rescue closets, but I would like to disable the reborn in the next map's saferoom.

I also said I can disable the rescue closets in both game (I uses sm_cvar rescue_spawn_range 0 for L4D1), but I can't disable the respawn in saferooms.

Example: In L4D2 Realism mode, the rescue closets are disabled, but dead survivors will respawn in the next map's saferoom. This is not realism.
Help
instantn00b
Old 06-21-2011 , 13:23   Re: [L4D & L4D2] NEVER respawn dead survivors
Reply With Quote #6

Ok so if one human player dies in the first map he has to wait for what, the next campaign? Or is that sill not realistic because he's still dead then so....maybe it should go across all campaigns? or forever maybe? So if you played and you die you can never play again, only new players, now that's realistic.

And what happens when everybody dies, empty saferoom? Or didn't you think about that yet?

This is one of the most stupid ideas I've seen in a long time lol. Games are not realistic, deal with it
Elektramode
Old 06-21-2011 , 14:09   Re: [L4D & L4D2] NEVER respawn dead survivors
Reply With Quote #7

There used to be the mutation called Iron Man I believe, which pretty does what you want, is it possible to download a mutation pack and set your server with that mutation. Since what the iron man mutation pretty much does is disallow respawning in saferooms and closets and if all die it restarts the entire campaign.
asto
Old 07-12-2011 , 13:05   Re: [L4D & L4D2] NEVER respawn dead survivors
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by instantn00b View Post
Ok so if one human player dies in the first map he has to wait for what, the next campaign? Or is that sill not realistic because he's still dead then so....maybe it should go across all campaigns? or forever maybe? So if you played and you die you can never play again, only new players, now that's realistic.

And what happens when everybody dies, empty saferoom? Or didn't you think about that yet?

This is one of the most stupid ideas I've seen in a long time lol. Games are not realistic, deal with it
If everyone dies, the current map will restart in the saferoom, so they can try again the current map.

An example:
If "Player1" plays as Zoey, and "Player1" died, "Player1" will never respawn in the current campaign. If everyone else also died, the current map will restart, and everyone will respawn in the saferoom (also Player1), except those survivors who died in one of the previous maps.

If "Player1" plays as Zoey, and "Player1" died, and "Player1" left the server, Zoey also will never respawn until the end of the current campaign.

This is the best idea for improve the Left 4 Dead gameplay.
asto
Old 08-07-2011 , 11:23   Re: [L4D & L4D2] NEVER respawn dead survivors
Reply With Quote #9

bump

Is it possible to make this plugin?
ZBzibing
Old 01-21-2021 , 02:21   Re: [L4D & L4D2] NEVER respawn dead survivors
Reply With Quote #10

No plug-ins are needed at all, I have similar ideas very early

rescue_min_dead_time "999999999"

Players in the current level cannot be resurrected after death, they need to wait to clear the level or start again