Download the attached zip file and extract it to your "tf" folder.
Name your server right: It's FortWars, not Fort Wars. Thanks.
Remember to delete modules you don't want.
FortWars supports modules to extend its functionality.
These are the modules that come enabled by default with FortWars:
- Fly Mode
- Menu On Round Restart
- Support Wall (Prop)
- Class Unlocks (Unlock)
These are the modules that come disabled by default with FortWars:
(They are located in the "addons/sourcemod/plugins/disabled" folder)
- Health Regeneration (Unlock)
- Metal Regeneration (Engineer) (Unlock)
- Health Kit (Prop)
- fw_sql "1" - Enables or disables SQL
- fw_maps "1" - FortWars will only work on fw_ maps (Disable it and use in official maps, for teh lulz)
- fw_props_per_team "400" - Maximum number of props per team
- fw_props_per_player "70" - Maximum number of props per player
- fw_props_per_player_admin "70" - Maximum number of props per player if the client has 'a' flag
- fw_spawn_protection "2.5" - Duration of the spawn protection, 0.0 to disable
- fw_custom_spawn "0" - Enable custom spawn points
- fw_stuck_protection "1" - Enable Stuck Protection (Disable if it is lagging your server)
- fw_props_health_multipler "1.0" - Prop Health Multipler
- fw_prop_shadows "1" - Props shadows: 0 = Disabled, 1 = Enabled, 2 = Partially enabled (doesn't receive shadows)
- fw_setup_time "-1" - Overrides the map setup time, -1 to use the map default setup time (If you are going to use this, I recommend 240)
- fw_no_limit_time "60" - If the time remaining in the setup is less than this, there is no individual prop limit
- fw_lulz "0" - If enabled, props created will have physics effects applied. (Do it for teh lulz only, it may lag/crash the server)
- fw_unlock_menu_style "1" Style to use for the Unlocks Menu (0 = Valve; 1 = Radio)
- fw_money_start "1000" - Amount of money given to a player when he first joins the server
- fw_money_<something> - Amount of money given to a player when he does something, there are a lot of these cvars to list here.
These are the cvars from the Class Unlocks plugin.
Note that disabling these cvars remove the need to buy the unlock, but it doesn't block the class.
You should not use this if you are using a class limit plugin to block certain classes. (So players don't buy them and end up not being able to use them)
These cvars are not available for the scout
- fw_unlock_<class> "1" - Enable the <class> unlock
- fw_unlock_<class>_price "?" - Price to buy the <class> unlock
- sm_fwhelp - Opens the help menu.
- sm_fwmenu - Opens the FortWars menu.
- sm_fwresetspawn - Resets your spawn point
- sm_fwunstuck - Triggers the unstuck
- sm_fwgivemoney - Gives a certain money to another player
- sm_fwaddmoney <amount> <player> - Adds this amount of money to the player
- sm_fwaddtime <amount> - Adds more time to the current setup time
- sm_fwwipedb - Drops and then recreates the database table, use this if you are updating to a version that changes the database structure. (This command is old, no use for it unless you are updating from a 1.x version)
The include file is very detailed, if you have any question/request post here.
The plugin automatically insert some nobuild areas around control points, flags and respawn rooms.
To disallow a team to build, just fire the inputs "SetRedTeamRole" or "SetBlueTeamRole" on the tf_game_rules with "2" as the parameter. (1 = Defenders, 2 = Attackers).
0 or 1 won't make any difference. (So, if you do not set it, its default is 0, so that team can build).
To make a nobuild area, create a trigger_multiple with the name "fw_nobuild", and you're done! You cannot parent it to anything, because the plugin only saves the nobuild areas position when the map starts. You cannot enable/disable it.
To make an arena so players can fight during the setup, create a trigger_multiple with the name "fw_arena" in the arena area, remember to put a func_nobuild too.
If you have an idea, post it
I will not make anything to allow players to save buildings, it's not funny if you can press 2 keys to build your fort.
Only major changes are included.
1.0 - Plugin Released
2.0 - Unlocks and API
3.0 - Stuck Protection
4.0 - Mappers can now control a lot of things about the game mode.
5.0 - Queries are now threaded, added some money cvars
6.0 - Not much, added some unlocks and some hud elements