TF2 Show names

Post New Thread Reply   

Archey
Old 10-16-2009 , 23:13   Re: TF2 Show names
Reply With Quote #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodleboy347 View Post
It's part of sourcemod.

Just bind something to sm_who @aim. It will print to console. If you want it to show in chat, use:

bind KEY "say /sm_who @aim"
Oh, I wanted this to be a plugin where when someone hovers over someone it shows without a bind, and it's server side.

[email protected]
Old 05-21-2017 , 18:13   Re: TF2 Show names
Reply With Quote #32

I realise this thread is ancient, but at the same time I had hoped to find a solution here as I have seen this particuar feature in action myself, on the NeonHeights Trade Plaza. So to be clear, when on their site, and you are on the blue team you can hover your mouse crosshairs over a red team player to see their name in the same way as what you would be able to do with one of your own team mates, i.e. displayed in the HUD, not chat window.

I also recognise that even after all these years TF2 client side and server side have likely not changed fundamentally.

This all being the case, how the heck did NeonHeights then do what is said here to be impossible?

Hoping someone can shed some light.

Thank you.
Chaosxk
Veteran Member
Old 05-21-2017 , 20:19   Re: TF2 Show names
Reply With Quote #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I realise this thread is ancient, but at the same time I had hoped to find a solution here as I have seen this particuar feature in action myself, on the NeonHeights Trade Plaza. So to be clear, when on their site, and you are on the blue team you can hover your mouse crosshairs over a red team player to see their name in the same way as what you would be able to do with one of your own team mates, i.e. displayed in the HUD, not chat window.

I also recognise that even after all these years TF2 client side and server side have likely not changed fundamentally.

This all being the case, how the heck did NeonHeights then do what is said here to be impossible?

Hoping someone can shed some light.

Thank you.
It was probrobly impossible 8 years ago but easy to do now.
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1044646

Also 8 years ago they were talking about the client side HUD not the server made HUD. Displaying the client side HUD is sorta impossible, you can use SendProxy on m_iClass to fake your netprop as a spy but it kinda is buggy.