Plugin Version:
Plugin Category:
Gameplay
Plugin Game:
Team Fortress 2
Plugin Dependencies:
Servers with this Plugin:

Plugin Description:
Pits a team of survivors against an endless onslaught of zombies.
Old 12-01-2013 , 17:59   [TF2] Zombie Fortress Redux - [v1.04 - 12/20/13]
Reply With Quote #1

Zombie Fortress Redux
by KTM (Expansion/Update), Dirtyminuth (Recode), Sirot (Original)

Description:
- Zombie Fortress Redux is a full update and expansion of Zombie Fortress Vanilla by Dirtyminuth. The aim of Zombie fortress Redux is to balance and refine the gameplay of the original Zombie Fortress Vanilla mod while adding a number of new features designed to fix some of the major issues present with ZF Vanilla. Zombie Fortress Redux is a gamemode for Team Fortress 2 that pits two teams, survivors (RED) and zombies (BLU), against each other in a battle to the death. The survivor's goal is to survive till time runs out or to complete an objective defined by the map. The zombie's goal is to kill all survivors. Whenever a survivor dies, he/she becomes a zombie, with a new goal of converting the rest of his/her former teammates. Survivors can use any weapon they'd like. Zombies can only use melee weapons, drinks, food and invisiwatches.

Official steam group for Zombie Fortress Redux can be found here.
Features:
Fully updated and totally compatible with the newest version of TF2 - All weapons since the last update to ZF Vanilla (May 2011) added to the plugin.
Survivor weapon rules and kill bonuses updated - All weapon rules and kill bonuses are now updated to Encompass all weapons added since May 2011. See next post for more details.
Zombie rage ability revamped - The rage ability now recharges every 30 seconds. When activated, it gives the client a speed boost for 5 seconds, a boost in health to 150% of normal, and applies a particle effect for duration. Can only be activated when client is at full health.
Horde system revamped - Zombie horde critchance calculations changed, and horde range has been lowered for balance.
ZF Notification system revamped - The ZF notification system now notifies the player of balancing changes to weapons he/she has equipped. It also notifies players on whether or not Crippling backstab is enabled. Hud hint messages are now center text messages for better readability.
Backstabs cripple their victim - If Crippling backstabs are enabled (enabled by default), backstabs stun their victim for 10 seconds, and sets the victim's health down to 15. This allows victims with a good team the ability to recover. However, if they're surrounded by zombies, they're as good as dead.
Total Compatibility with all Super Zombie Fortress maps - Zombie Fortress redux offers a balanced, working alternative for playing SZF maps instead of using the outdated/unbalanced (in my opinion) Super Zombie fortress game mode. Maps confirmed compatible include: szf_isaac_v1_7, szf_cityescape, szf_labs_remake, szf_steel, szf_turtleattack, szf_normandy and szf_graveyardbash. All others should work perfectly, though they remain untested. See below for more details.
Spy knives no longer kill silently - If the crippling backstab is disabled, spy knives that normally would kill silently instead cause a death scream.
Overpowered weapons balanced - This includes: The Flying Guillotine, The Half-Zatoichi, Fists of Steel, Eviction Notice, Warrior's Spirit, Holiday Punch and Buffalo Steak. See next post for more details.
...and all the original features of Zombie Fortress Vanilla
FAQs:
Why didn't you fix Zombie Fortress Perks?
- I've always felt ZF perks was a cluttered and impossible to balance gamemode. While ZF Perks was somewhat fun, it was hard for new players to understand and even more importantly, due to the hundreds of variables effecting gameplay, balancing each and every possible combination would take far too long. Most importantly, when I first started playing TF2, I fell in love with the original Zombie Fortress plugin. By the time zf perks became pretty much the only version of Zombie Fortress out there, I quit playing ZF. I've missed it ever since. Because of this I decided I was going to update/expand/balance Dirtyminuth's Zombie Fortress Vanilla plugin. If you want someone to release a public, updated version of zf perks, you'll need to find another person.
Why did you create a new thread?
- Dirtyminuth discontinued support for Zombie Fortress 2 years ago. Since then, no one has stepped in to continue the public development of the Zombie Fortress mod. I plan to offer full support and bugfixing for this expansion. Zombie Fortress Redux also sports a number of changes compared to ZF Vanilla with many more incoming. With the original thread up to 26 pages, I felt it might be a good idea to start fresh and offer support in a new thread. If the admins would prefer I keep the updates on Dirtyminuth's thread, please let me know.
What is Zombie Fortress Redux?
- It's an update/expansion of Zombie Fortress Vanilla. See the plugin description for more details!
How do I play ZF?
- It's really easy. Just find a server running ZF Redux and join it!
Can I play Super Zombie Fortress maps with ZF Redux?
- Yes you can! ZF redux is totally compatible with all SZF maps (so far). SZF maps played in ZF Redux function as a normal CP map in ZF would. All special map pickups (like those in szf_isaac_v1_7) work normally. The difference is survivors spawn with all their normal weapons and zombies spawn as they normally would. This is arguably more balanced then how weapons work in SZF. Maps such as szf_isaac_v1_7 and szf_turtleattack are totally playable. This means you can run normal zf_survival maps alongside szf maps for extra variability in your map rotation!
Can I still play normal ZF maps?
- Of course! All normal ZF maps still work as they would in vanilla ZF. This includes zf_asylum_b2, zf_yard_b4 and all others. If you need some maps, gamebanana has a nice list.
Installation Information:
1. Install TF2 Attribtues onto your server. TF2 attributes is a necessary dependency, required for Zombie Fortress Redux to run.
1a. Optionally, install SteamTools onto your server. SteamTools is an optional dependency for Zombie Fortress Redux. Installing lets ZF redux to create the custom game description of "Zombie Fortress Redux"
2. Download zombiefortress_redux.smx (do not click get plugin, ZF Redux will not compile using the web compiler)
3. Place zombiefortress_redux.smx in your sourcemod plugins folder.
4. Restart your server.
5. Now go play!
ConVar and Command List:
Cvars:
  • sm_zf_redux_version
    - Current ZF Redux version
  • sm_zf_force_on
    - 0: Disable ZF for non-"zf_" prefixed maps.
    - 1: Enable ZF for non-"zf_" prefixed maps.
    - Default: 1
  • sm_zf_ratio
    - Percentage of players that start as survivors.
    - Default: 0.65 (65%)
  • sm_zf_allowteampref
    - 0: Do not allow client team preference.
    - 1: Allow client team preference.
  • sm_zf_swaponpayload
    - 0: Do not swap team roles on payload maps.
    - 1: Swap team roles on payload maps.
  • sm_zf_swaponattdef
    - 0: Do not swap team roles on attack/defend maps.
    - 1: Swap team roles on attack/defend maps.
  • sm_zf_cripplebackstab
    - 0: Disable crippling backstab.
    - 1: Enable crippling backstab.
Commands:
  • zf, zf_menu
    - Displays main help / preferences menu.
  • zf_teampref [sur|zom|none]
    - sur: Prefer to start on survivor team.
    - zom: Prefer to start on zombie team.
    - none: No preference
    - Default: None
  • sm_zf_enable
    - Enables ZF and restarts the round. Adminflag Generic.
  • sm_zf_disable
    - Disables ZF and restarts the round. Adminflag Generic.
  • sm_zf_swapteams
    - Swaps current team roles (RED to BLU, BLU to RED) and restarts the round. Adminflag Generic.
Plans:
- Add prop_dynamic stripper that kills off all the unnecessary weapons laying around in szf maps. Toggle-able by cvar.
- Apply zombie skin for players on the zombie team (BLU).
- Continue to rework and update the survivor roles.
Known Issues:
- Occasionally, zombies with a botkiller equipped will have a botkiller head appear floating around them.
- Spies with the spycicle don't ignite reliably. Spycicle will not melt when flamed by pyro. Spycicle banned till fix found.
Changelog:
Quote:
12/1/2013 - initial release. Verison 1.0
12/2/2013 - Update released. Verison 1.01
- Added notification that GRU's speed boost is limited to +40 movement speed.
- Added in a sound on successful cripple stab.
- Updated PLUGIN_INFO and feedback printochat with new thread URL.
- Replaced zf_version ConVar. Now sm_zf_redux_version to prevent tracking issues with versions of ZF that still use sm_zf_version.
- Nerfed Fists of Steel (now deals -15% less damage and incurs a -30 speed penalty)
- Fixed the escape plan speed boost not scaling with health correctly.
- Fixed spelling errors.
12/17/2013 - Updated released. Version 1.03
- New Depndency - TF2 Attributes by FlaminSarge
- Optional Dependency - SteamTools by asherkin
- Added sound on successful cripple stab for attacker.
- Added custom game description. Requires steamtools to work (optional dependency)
- Removed sticky jumper and rocket jumper. Too hilariously OP on normal survival maps.
- Updated how survivor morale system works. On zombie killed, critchance boosted by +10 (up from +5). Each second after, critchance degrades by -3 (down from -1).
- Updated ZF items notificaiton system to include new weapon changes.
- Updated feedback printtochat URL. Now displays official steam group URL.
- Updated ConVar descriptions.
- Fixed crippling backstabs sometimes crippling through uber.
- Nerfed crippling backstab stuntime. Now only stuns for 7 seconds (down from 10 seconds).
- Nerfed fists of steel. Now deals 15 percent less damage.
- Nerfed KGB. Now deals 25 percent less damage.
- Buffed normal Sentry Gun. Now starts with 60 ammo and decays to 20 ammo (up from 10 ammo).
- Reworked Sniper class!
- Reworked Pyro class!
12/20/13 - Update released. Version 1.04
- Updated Include files and plugin to handle all new weapons added in the TF2 holiday update. (NOTE: you'll need the newest include files located in the source zip to compile locally!)
- Added print to server notification if TF2 attributes or Steam Tools is missing from the server.
Credits:
- Dirtyminuth: Re-coder of original ZF.
- Sirot: Original author of ZF.
- MechatheSlag: For creating the SZF plugin which spawned so many cool maps.
- Powerlord: For good ideas and help with the plugin
- {SuN} Community: For being a wonderful group of testers and not yelling at me for not updating ZF perks.
- AlliedModders: For being such a helpful, awesome community.
Test Server:
ip: 63.208.142.25:27015
See the next post for list of weapon changes/survivor weapon rules/ammo systems. If you have any questions or want to provide feedback, please do so! It is greatly appreciated!

- KTM

(downloads before (v1.03) 27 source zip, 9 zombiefortress_redux.sp, 18 zombiefortress_redux.smx)
(downloads before (v1.04) 6 source zip, 2 zombiefortress_redux.sp, 5 zombiefortress_redux.smx)
Attached Files
File Type: smx zombiefortress_redux.smx (38.1 KB, 1145 views)
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (zombiefortress_redux.sp - 967 views - 74.0 KB)
File Type: zip zombiefortress_redux_v1.04_source.zip (68.3 KB, 1109 views)

Last edited by ktm; 12-30-2013 at 18:50. Reason: Update!
ktm
Old 12-01-2013 , 17:59   Re: [TF2] Zombie Fortress Redux - [v1.0]
Reply With Quote #2

Weapon Changes:

Zombie Weapon Changes:
Scout
- The Flying Guillotine: Deals 60 percent less damage.
Spy
- Your Eternal Reward: Does not kill silently.
- The Wagna Prick: Does not kill silently.
- The Spycicle: Banned due to serious glitch. Doesn't melt when spy is attacked by pyro, yet still prevents ignition. Fix incoming.
- The Deadringer: Banned due to feign death causing serious issues with the plugin. Fix incoming.
- All Invisiwatches: cloak limited to 80% of max.
Heavy
- The KGB: Deals 25% less damage.
- Fists of Steel: Deals 15% less damage and incurs a -30 speed penalty.
- Eviction Notice: Incurs a -30 speed penalty.
- The Holiday Punch: Incurs a -40 speed penalty.
- Warrior's Spirit: Deals 15% less damage and incurs a -40 speed penalty.
- Buffalo Steak: Does not increase speed.
Survivor Weapon Changes:
Soldier
- The Half-Zatoichi: Deals 25% less damage.
- All Rocket Launchers: Gains +2 rocket ammo on kill.
Demo
- The Half-Zatoichi: Deals 25% less damage.
- All pipe launchers: Gain +2 pipe ammo on kill.
Sniper:
- All Sniper Rifles: Gain +5 rifle ammo on kill.
- Sniper Rifle: Grants +15 percent headshot damage, +25 health on kill and user cannot flinch while aiming.
- The Huntsman: On hit, causes enemies to bleed for 7 seconds. Gain +2 arrow ammo on kill.
- Machina: On hit, causes enemies to ignite with fire.
- Hitman's Heatmaker: On hit, causes enemies to be marked for death.
- Bazaar Bargain: Grants +25 charge rate on kill.
- Sydney Sleeper: Causes jarated enemies to be slowed by -40 movement speed for duration of jarate.
- Jarate: Causes jarated enemies to be slowed by -40 movement speed for duration of jarate.
- All SMGs: Never have to reload. Can continuously fire till no ammo is left.
Medic:
- All Syringe Guns: Never have to reload. Can continuously fire till no ammo is left.
- All Mediguns: Charge much quicker, and overheal degrades very slowly. Uber does not last as long.
Pyro:
- All Flamethrowers: Gains +15 ammo on kill.
- All Flamethrowers: Capped at 100 ammo. Going above 100 flamethrower ammo causes ammo count to degrade by -10 per a second till 100 ammo is left.
- All Flamethrowers: Airblasts costs 50 percent less.
Engineer:
- Minisentry: When built, starts with 60 ammo. Slowly decays to 0, where it self-destructs.
- Normal Sentry: When built, starts with 60 ammo. Slowly decays to 20. Cannot be upgraded.
- Dispenser: Does not dispense ammo or health. Functions as a barricade with 250 health.

Last edited by ktm; 12-17-2013 at 16:42.
SPYderman
Old 12-01-2013 , 21:11   Re: [TF2] Zombie Fortress Redux - [v1.0]
Reply With Quote #3

Glad to see it's back.
braak0327
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-02-2013 , 03:24   Re: [TF2] Zombie Fortress Redux - [v1.0]
Reply With Quote #4

I'll test this thank U
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-02-2013 , 16:10   Re: [TF2] Zombie Fortress Redux - [v1.0]
Reply With Quote #5

About time someone took the time to fix Zombie Fortress. While I don't generally host this game mode on my servers, it's fun to play it every so often.

One suggestion, though: Add a(n optional) dependency for SteamTools and use its Steam_SetGameDescription method to change the game name in the server list. This replaces the (now-broken) SDKHooks OnGetGameDescription callback.

Be aware that SteamTools doesn't mark its natives as optional, so you'll need to mark Steam_SetGameDescription as optional in AskPluginLoad2.
Old 12-02-2013 , 16:56   Re: [TF2] Zombie Fortress Redux - [v1.0]
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
One suggestion, though: Add a(n optional) dependency for SteamTools and use its Steam_SetGameDescription method to change the game name in the server list. This replaces the (now-broken) SDKHooks OnGetGameDescription callback.

Be aware that SteamTools doesn't mark its natives as optional, so you'll need to mark Steam_SetGameDescription as optional in AskPluginLoad2.
I've added your suggestion to my todo list. I'll attempt to work it in along with the SZF weapon prop stripper. Thanks for the heads up, I didn't know the OnGetGameDescription callback was broken.

anyways,

Zombie Fortress Redux - v1.01 is now released

Changes in v1.01
- Added notification that GRU's speed boost is limited to +40 movement speed.
- Added in a sound on successful cripple stab.
- Updated PLUGIN_INFO and feedback printochat with new thread URL.
- Replaced zf_version ConVar. Now sm_zf_redux_version to prevent tracking issues with versions of ZF that still use sm_zf_version.
- Nerfed Fists of Steel (now deals -15% less damage and incurs a -30 speed penalty)
- Fixed the escape plan speed boost not scaling with health correctly.
- Fixed spelling errors.
This is a pretty small update, but I felt it was necessary to fix a few of these issues as soon as possible. Plus it gave me an excuse to update the plugin info to use the correct URL and to create a new version ConVar. You can download the update in the main post or from the files attached to this post. If you have any feedback/ideas about the plugin, shoot them my way. Anything at all will help.

I also have a test server up, running this plugin. It's currently running both ZF and SZF maps. You can join the server here: 63.208.142.25:27015
Attached Files
File Type: smx zombiefortress_redux.smx (35.3 KB, 663 views)
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (zombiefortress_redux.sp - 739 views - 62.6 KB)
File Type: zip zombiefortress_redux_v1.01_source.zip (62.5 KB, 471 views)

Last edited by ktm; 12-02-2013 at 16:58.
Windroid
Old 12-03-2013 , 04:13   Re: [TF2] Zombie Fortress Redux - [v1.01]
Reply With Quote #7

Thanks for making this,it looks really nice!Let me try it.
Inexgrav
Old 12-03-2013 , 09:55   Re: [TF2] Zombie Fortress Redux - [v1.01]
Reply With Quote #8

Had a chance to test it on a live server, works perfectly. Thank you for this, was really looking for vanilla ZF, cause it's the best one.
ktm
Old 12-03-2013 , 10:26   Re: [TF2] Zombie Fortress Redux - [v1.01]
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inexgrav View Post
Had a chance to test it on a live server, works perfectly. Thank you for this, was really looking for vanilla ZF, cause it's the best one.
Awesome. I always loved ZF vanilla, and ever since it sort of died I've wanted it to come back. Hopefully, this updated version will suffice. I promise I'll keep the updates coming.
exteam
Old 12-04-2013 , 10:40   Re: [TF2] Zombie Fortress Redux - [v1.01]
Reply With Quote #10

Hey, this is pretty cool.

Are there any servers?