Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D2] Infected Loot Drops (2.3d)

Post New Thread Reply   

Thraka
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-01-2010 , 16:57   Re: [L4D2] Infected Loot Drops (2.2)
Reply With Quote #21

Nope, you just need l4d2_loot_config_filename set to the filename, l4d2_infected_loot_drops_loot_settings.conf. It automatically looks for that file in the left4dead2\cfg\sourcemod\ folder. Also, if repeat = 0, then it will not roll EVER.

In that SAME folder is l4d2_infected_loot_drops.cfg. This file should contain what you put in your server.cfg

Check your sourcemod logs to see what happens while you're playing. You can use the command loot_sim smoker to see what would happen if you had killed a smoker.

I haven't been home for a few days so I haven't been able to test out the new normal_infected section which I made for you. Maybe that is broken.

So fix up your cvars by editing the ones in the cfg file. Make sure your conf file is in the right folder, remove the values from server.cfg and check your logs.
Thraka
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-01-2010 , 17:09   Re: [L4D2] Infected Loot Drops (2.2)
Reply With Quote #22

Don't use what you posted, use what I posted. Your structure is wrong. the basic structure is

Code:
// This is the class name, or a special name like "global"
INFECTED CLASS:
{
  // How many times to we do the process of generating a set of things
  repeat = #;
  // What dice are used when rolling for the set.
  // Single dice would be dice = [#];
  dice =[#,#,#,#...];

//This is the list of things that can be generated if the dice rolled adds up to be between the min and max value.

// Anytime 1-8 is rolled a random tier2 weapon is spawned.
  things = (

// for each individual "thing" duplicate this and change as needed
  {name = "tier2_any";
    type = "weapon";
    min  = 1;
    max  = 8;
  // If you had more than one, you connect them with }, but we only have one, so we use }
  }

// Ends the   things = (  section
  );

// Ends the settings for the INFECTED CLASS
};
Manix123
Old 03-02-2010 , 00:15   Re: [L4D2] Infected Loot Drops (2.2)
Reply With Quote #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thraka View Post
At the top of the plugin there is a REQUIRED section which points to the Config SourceMod Extension. This is needed. I've updated the instructions to give more information on how to install this.

You cannot use the Get Plugin link because it needs the extension to compile. You don't need to put the .sp in Scripting unless you wanted to modify it and compile it yourself. If that was the case, you would need to grab the include file for the extension (tells the script how to interact with the extension when you compile it.

If you just want to run it as is, and modify the conf file, you just plop the attached .smx into your plugin folder and the extension .dll or .so (.so is for linux) in your Addons/SourceMod/Extensions folder. You may need to initiate the _restart command from the console so SourceMod loads the extension.
NICE!! Big thanks for all of your work dude and also for helping me quick! I'm now up and running, works perfectly!! :-)

Btw, would be cool you help me with this, I remember playing on a server with this plugin and it was showing a "Tip" in the middle/bottom of the screen saying "You hear something drops..." when there was some item drops! Would be nice to add this too, so that we know it easier when somethings falled! Could you tell me how to do this?

Thanks again :-)

Last edited by Manix123; 03-02-2010 at 00:17. Reason: Precised what I said
Thraka
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-02-2010 , 08:48   Re: [L4D2] Infected Loot Drops (2.2)
Reply With Quote #24

I thought I had that in my todo list... Well it is in there now! The command in the script is PrintHintText. It's not hard to do, I'll get it updated sometime today, maybe tomorrow if I'm too busy.
RavenDan29
Veteran Member
Old 03-02-2010 , 14:34   Re: [L4D2] Infected Loot Drops (2.2)
Reply With Quote #25

oh cool it autogenarated the .cfg, last time i checked it wasnt doing that, maybe it will work now.

Checked log as suggested, it comes up with an error should i be worrid about this?

L 03/02/2010 - 19:44:06: [SM] Native "CloseHandle" reported: Handle 9e009c is invalid (error 1)
L 03/02/2010 - 19:44:06: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "l4d2_infected_loot_drops.smx":
L 03/02/2010 - 19:44:06: [SM] [0] Line 334, C:\Temp\SourceModStuff\L4D2\l4d2_infected_loo t_drops.sp::LoadConfig()
L 03/02/2010 - 19:44:06: [SM] [1] Line 281, C:\Temp\SourceModStuff\L4D2\l4d2_infected_loo t_drops.sp::Event_RoundStart()
L 03/02/2010 - 19:44:06: [SM] Native "CloseHandle" reported: Handle 9e009c is invalid (error 1)
L 03/02/2010 - 19:44:06: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "l4d2_infected_loot_drops.smx":
L 03/02/2010 - 19:44:06: [SM] [0] Line 334, C:\Temp\SourceModStuff\L4D2\l4d2_infected_loo t_drops.sp::LoadConfig()
L 03/02/2010 - 19:44:06: [SM] [1] Line 108, C:\Temp\SourceModStuff\L4D2\l4d2_infected_loo t_drops.sp::OnMapStart()

Last edited by RavenDan29; 03-02-2010 at 14:49.
RavenDan29
Veteran Member
Old 03-02-2010 , 15:09   Re: [L4D2] Infected Loot Drops (2.2)
Reply With Quote #26

ok edited .conf to original done specific for me check

deleted cvars from server.cfg check

using .cfg autpogenerated check

still not seen a drop?

loot_sim smoker doesnt seem todo much accept a message on screen

its a versus server does it not work with versus?
Thraka
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-02-2010 , 16:46   Re: [L4D2] Infected Loot Drops (2.2)
Reply With Quote #27

It should work with every mode. I use Versus personally. loot_sim smoker should pretend a smoker was killed and tell you what it thought it would do. It doesn't do it though, so nothing spawns. PM me what it states.

Can you tell me the name of the .conf file in your directory, just to double check.

The close handle errors shouldn't be a big deal. I'll see if I can tighten up some logic on that.

If you don't see anything drop you can try to reload the plugin with "sm plugin reload l4d2_infected_loot_drops"

Edit: Actually you'll want to do loot_sim normal_infected to see what could happen.

Last edited by Thraka; 03-02-2010 at 21:01.
Manix123
Old 03-02-2010 , 22:41   Re: [L4D2] Infected Loot Drops (2.2)
Reply With Quote #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thraka View Post
I thought I had that in my todo list... Well it is in there now! The command in the script is PrintHintText. It's not hard to do, I'll get it updated sometime today, maybe tomorrow if I'm too busy.
Awesome, thanks mate! I'm really waiting for that add to the plugin :-D Thanks again!
Thraka
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-03-2010 , 02:46   Re: [L4D2] Infected Loot Drops (2.3)
Reply With Quote #29

Announcement system up and running

Look at the example for global, it shows you how to define your text. The text ONLY applies for the section it is defined in. So you can have different text per class. So if the main thing the witch does is spawn a tank when she dies (and maybe other things, but biggest thing is tank) you may say something like "Watch out! Big boy coming!!!". While a smoker only drops items so you keep the original "You hear something drop to the floor".

You can define text for the infected team to see or the survivor team, or both.

Code:
tell_survivors = "You hear something drop to the ground...";
tell_infected = "You have helped the enemy!";
I still haven't had access to test, but code is sound and wasn't a major change, so I'm confident it works. There is a new CVAR so you may want to delete your CFG file so it picks it up. Or add it manually: l4d2_loot_announce_mode - Announces text to client teams when something spawns (if defined) 0 = Off; 1 = Hint text; 2 = Team chat. The default is 1, hint text.
Code:
l4d2_loot_announce_mode "1"

Last edited by Thraka; 03-03-2010 at 02:49.
RavenDan29
Veteran Member
Old 03-03-2010 , 14:41   Re: [L4D2] Infected Loot Drops (2.3a)
Reply With Quote #30

ive been clicked on the smx file cause of the error i get clicked on the get plugin but the file size appears tobe different, how do i use the .sp file, ive never had to compile before?