Plugin Category:
Gameplay
Plugin Game:
Counter-Strike: Source
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:

Plugin Description:
    Anti-Team Flash / Flash Bug Fix / Anti-NoFlash
    Old 03-21-2012 , 20:49   [CS:S] Flash Protection (v0.0.4)
    Reply With Quote #1

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TheAvengers2 View Post
    Requirements:
    • SDKHooks v2.x or higher
    • Sourcemod v1.4.x or higher
    Purpose:
    • This plugin attempts to eliminate griefing via team flashing while only having negligible impact on normal gameplay.
    • If the plugin doesn't null the flashbang effects of a teamflash, then it will instead output a message to any affected players informing them of who team flashed.
    • This will combat team flashing and NoFlash cheats since both things can't be separately.
    Description:
    • This plugin uses thetwistedpanda's queue system (First-In-First-Out) for Flashbang grenades.
      -
    • Anti-TeamFlash (My plugin functions in a completely different manner than thetwistedpanda's plugin)

> The effects of the flashbang will not affect any teammates in the event no enemy players were hit by the flash.

> If the plugin decides to null the flashbang, then it will do so, however, any valid existing flash effects will be preserved. This will prevent abuse by players who teamflash in order to unflash each other.

> If enemy players are hit by the flashbang, then the flash will be considered valid and it will effect everyone hit by it. In this circumstance, a message will be outputted to any affected teammates which will inform them of who team flashed.

> The individual who threw the flashbang will always be affected by the flash when they're hit by it.

> The plugin will null the deafen noise for "invalid" flashes. I got this idea from Despirator's plugin, who got the idea from Bacardi
      -
    • Anti-NoFlash (A ripped feature of SMAC's smac_css_antiflash. The plugin wasn't otherwise compatible with this one. )

> Entity information isn't sent to clients who're completely flashed. Players with NoFlash cheats won't know where enemy players are located. If you're using this plugin don't use smac_css_antiflash.
      -
    • Flash Duration Bug Fix (A bug discovered by Bacardi)

> I've integrated his fix into this plugin. The bug affects flashes which have the same flash duration as the one prior to it. These flashes won't affect the player at all. This plugin circumvents the bug by slightly changing the flash duration.
      -
    ConVars:
    • None.
    Installation:
    • Place sm_flashprotection.smx inside of /sourcemod/plugins/
    ChangeLog:

: Updated Anti-NoFlash & added some checks to prevent a potential error.

: Added NoDeafen and renamed Anti-Flash to Anti-NoFlash.

0.0.2: I forgot to include a conditional statement.

0.0.1: Initial Release.

Note(s):

I've created this plugin because teamflashing is done considerably often by griefing players. Unfortunately, the existing methods of removing all team flashes can be abused to offer an unfair advantage to the players team (They can flash enemies and have their teammates run in unaffected.) Additionally, I've noticed that thetwistedpanda's plugin can be abused by players since they can overwrite any existing flashbang effects by team flashing each other. If there's something to abuse, someone will eventually abuse it.
    Hopefully this plugin can be of use to people.
    Attached Files
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (sm_flashprotection.sp - 759 views - 8.5 KB)
    File Type: smx sm_flashprotection.smx (6.7 KB, 710 views)

Last edited by TheAvengers2; 06-25-2012 at 14:57.
    Despirator
    Old 03-22-2012 , 10:48   Re: [CS:S] Flash Protection
    Reply With Quote #2

Anti-TeamFlash
    http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1493993

Anti-Flash it is Anti-No-Flash
    TheAvengers2
    BANNED
    Old 03-22-2012 , 11:51   Re: [CS:S] Flash Protection
    Reply With Quote #3

Alright, thanks!

I've changed the line which reads Anti-Flash to Anti-NoFlash.

I'm also going to incorporate the no deafening into my plugin for unaffected teammates as well. Your plugin is interesting as I've never thought to use traces.

Last edited by TheAvengers2; 03-22-2012 at 12:09.
    CenT
    Old 06-16-2012 , 11:18   Re: [CS:S] Flash Protection (v0.0.4)
    Reply With Quote #4

I'm not English, I find it hard to understand, are that it is a plugin (Anti Team Flash) ? or it is an additional plugin used with this plugin instance ?

Thank you in advance

Last edited by CenT; 06-16-2012 at 11:19.
    TheAvengers2
    BANNED
    Old 06-20-2012 , 10:43   Re: [CS:S] Flash Protection (v0.0.4)
    Reply With Quote #5

These are two very different plugins attempting to solve the very same problem: Team Flashing. They are thus incompatible with each other. I mentioned thetwistedpanda's plugin because I coped some of his code.

My plugin will block flashes that only hit teammates. If an enemy and a teammate get hit by a flash, they will both still get flashed. However, in this case, it will output a message to the teammate saying they were team flashed by so and so player. Additionally, due to the nature of this plugin, it was incompatible with the SMAC anti-cheat module smac_css_antiflash. So I decided to integrate the modules features into my anti-flash solution.

thetwistedpanda's plugin will null all team flashes. The plugin has two problems: Firstly, players can unblind their teammates by throwing a flash at them. Secondly, players can throw dangerous flashes in front of their teammates to blind their enemies. Normally, their teammates would be flashed as well; but since the effects of the flash are nulled for their teammates, this means they can run in unaffected to kill the blind enemies. This negatively affects gameplay in my opinion and so resulted in me making this plugin.

Last edited by TheAvengers2; 06-20-2012 at 11:23.
    CenT
    Old 06-20-2012 , 14:32   Re: [CS:S] Flash Protection (v0.0.4)
    Reply With Quote #6

Ok thank you for clarification ;)
    Fearts
    ferts of daeth
    Old 12-14-2012 , 23:42   Re: [CS:S] Flash Protection (v0.0.4)
    Reply With Quote #7

TheAvengers2 If you are still browsing these forums could you please contact me via my website listed below of via PM. There are some issues with this plugin I would like to sort out. For some reason people are being unblinded and no getting a flash when they should.
    Old 01-09-2013 , 01:15   Re: [CS:S] Flash Protection (v0.0.4)
    Reply With Quote #8

Was given a updated version. Please use the version below.

New Version (0.0.5)
    Attached Files
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (sm_flashprotection.sp - 945 views - 9.9 KB)
    File Type: smx sm_flashprotection.smx (7.2 KB, 471 views)

Last edited by Fearts; 01-09-2013 at 01:25.
    Fearts
    ferts of daeth
    Old 03-17-2013 , 19:33   Re: [CS:S] Flash Protection (v0.0.4)
    Reply With Quote #9

New Version (0.0.6)
    Attached Files
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (sm_flashprotection.sp - 924 views - 9.8 KB)
    File Type: smx sm_flashprotection.smx (7.2 KB, 393 views)
    Old 03-25-2013 , 20:54   Re: [CS:S] Flash Protection (v0.0.4)
    Reply With Quote #10

New Version (0.0.7)

Fixes a small overflow problem that might have been causing people not to get flashed.
    Attached Files
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (sm_flashprotection.sp - 946 views - 9.8 KB)
    File Type: smx sm_flashprotection.smx (7.2 KB, 379 views)