Reply With Quote #1111

Any time frame for updates? J/K
LordTurbat
BANNED
Old 12-01-2010 , 11:25   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B101
Reply With Quote #1112

Quote:
Originally Posted by muukis View Post
There was a version released by someone in this thread which supported player names, but I don't remember was it from the latest version? You may want to search for it. I have not implemented such feature in my version of the plugin, and am unwilling to do so, I am sorry.
i hnow there is but in hes version is 1.4B76 and it has a erorr if survivor save someone no rank he earn
WolfGang
BANNED
Old 12-07-2010 , 17:59   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B101
Reply With Quote #1113

Hey can u help me here? How do i make the stats work without a website tracking the ppts?
here my databases.cfg

"Databases"
{
"driver_default" "mysql"

"default"

{
"driver" "default"
"host" "localhost"
"database" "sourcemod"
"user" "root"
"pass" ""
//"timeout" "0"
//"port" "0"
}

"storage-local"

{
"driver" "sqlite"
"database" "sourcemod-local"
}

"clientprefs"

{
"driver" "sqlite"
"host" "localhost"
"database" "clientprefs-sqlite"
"user" "root"
"pass" ""
//"timeout" "0"
//"port" "0"
}
"l4dstats"
{
"driver" "mysql"
"host" "localhost"
"database" "mysql"
"user" "root"
"pass" ""
}
}

I don't know if it's right or wrong ><

also i got this error while i was in-game and open console typed "sm plugins list" btw I don't wanna create a website!!! D:

40 <Error> "Custom Player Stats" (1.4B101) by Mikko Andersson (muukis)
Load Errors:
Custom Player Stats: Connecting to database failed. Read error log for further details.
Map Rate: An error occurred while connecting to the database.

Also i downloaded only l4d_stats.smx and l4d_stats.txt <.<

since you posted this:

1. Prepare your MySQL database to accept connections from your web site and game server.
  2. Download web stats (l4d_stats_web.zip) and extract it to your website. PHP support required! Alternatively, if you dont want or need the web stats, or if you don't have PHP or the skills to extract the queries from the install.php file, you can install the SQL dumpl4d2stats_sqldump.zip). You can skip to #7 if you decide to do the dump. (
  3. Rename config_example.php to config.php and edit it.
  4. Execute install.php file.
  5. Delete install.php file.
  6. Add full read and write access to everyone for the website file /templates/awards_cache.html.
  7. [OPTIONAL] Download l4d_stats.txt to /addons/sourcemod/gamedata. If you don't download this, your Rank Vote will be disabled.
  8. Edit your databases.cfg file at /addons/sourcemod/config. Insert "l4dstats" entry with a valid connection info to your Custom Player Stats database.
  9. Download compiled plugin (l4d_stats.smx) to /addons/sourcemod/plugins.
i didnt really get all of them so i just skipped to #7 and got it done and moved on to #8 and thats where i got STUCK!!

Last edited by WolfGang; 12-07-2010 at 18:43.
muukis
Veteran Member
Old 12-08-2010 , 05:34   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B101
Reply With Quote #1114

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfGang View Post
Hey can u help me here? How do i make the stats work without a website tracking the ppts?
here my databases.cfg

"Databases"
{
"driver_default" "mysql"

"default"

{
"driver" "default"
"host" "localhost"
"database" "sourcemod"
"user" "root"
"pass" ""
//"timeout" "0"
//"port" "0"
}

"storage-local"

{
"driver" "sqlite"
"database" "sourcemod-local"
}

"clientprefs"

{
"driver" "sqlite"
"host" "localhost"
"database" "clientprefs-sqlite"
"user" "root"
"pass" ""
//"timeout" "0"
//"port" "0"
}
"l4dstats"
{
"driver" "mysql"
"host" "localhost"
"database" "mysql"
"user" "root"
"pass" ""
}
}

I don't know if it's right or wrong ><

also i got this error while i was in-game and open console typed "sm plugins list" btw I don't wanna create a website!!! D:

40 <Error> "Custom Player Stats" (1.4B101) by Mikko Andersson (muukis)
Load Errors:
Custom Player Stats: Connecting to database failed. Read error log for further details.
Map Rate: An error occurred while connecting to the database.

Also i downloaded only l4d_stats.smx and l4d_stats.txt <.<

since you posted this:

1. Prepare your MySQL database to accept connections from your web site and game server.
  2. Download web stats (l4d_stats_web.zip) and extract it to your website. PHP support required! Alternatively, if you dont want or need the web stats, or if you don't have PHP or the skills to extract the queries from the install.php file, you can install the SQL dumpl4d2stats_sqldump.zip). You can skip to #7 if you decide to do the dump. (
  3. Rename config_example.php to config.php and edit it.
  4. Execute install.php file.
  5. Delete install.php file.
  6. Add full read and write access to everyone for the website file /templates/awards_cache.html.
  7. [OPTIONAL] Download l4d_stats.txt to /addons/sourcemod/gamedata. If you don't download this, your Rank Vote will be disabled.
  8. Edit your databases.cfg file at /addons/sourcemod/config. Insert "l4dstats" entry with a valid connection info to your Custom Player Stats database.
  9. Download compiled plugin (l4d_stats.smx) to /addons/sourcemod/plugins.
i didnt really get all of them so i just skipped to #7 and got it done and moved on to #8 and thats where i got STUCK!!

Correct, you don't need the web stats to run the plugin. Your databases.cfg looks fine. Take a look at the database content. If you've imported the SQL dump correctly, you should have tables created (I think there were 3 tables the plugin requires?) and in the maps table some rows. Can you check that you have them?

If all that seems correct, it is very likely that the connection is your problem. Wrong username/password, host IP, or the access filter on the user is configured wrong, or such? Check them out.

Though certainly not superhuman, the man's prowess inspires an excess of whispered rumors. But those rumors remain in the realm of speculation.
WolfGang
BANNED
Old 12-08-2010 , 08:30   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B101
Reply With Quote #1115

Quote:
Correct, you don't need the web stats to run the plugin. Your databases.cfg looks fine. Take a look at the database content. If you've imported the SQL dump correctly, you should have tables created (I think there were 3 tables the plugin requires?) and in the maps table some rows. Can you check that you have them?

If all that seems correct, it is very likely that the connection is your problem. Wrong username/password, host IP, or the access filter on the user is configured wrong, or such? Check them out.
Well the only plugins i have is l4d_stats.smx and l4d_stats.txt ><. And where do i put the SQL dump. I dont have the three tables and the SQL dump

wait are you talking about this, the three tables

Ok i've reached this now :

Maps table created successfully!

Players table created successfully!

Timed Maps table created successfully!
IP to Country table created successfully!
IP to Country Locations table created successfully!
IP to Country Blocks table created successfully!
Maps data for L4D2 inserted successfully!

[OPTIONAL] Download latest GeoIPCountryCSV.zip, unzip it to the web stats folder and run updatetable.php
[OPTIONAL] Download latest GeoLiteCity_YYYYMMDD.zip (CSV format), unzip it (two files) to the web stats folder and run updatetable.php
[OPTIONAL] Download latest GeoLiteCity_YYYYMMDD.zip (CSV format), unzip it (two files) to the web stats folder and run updatetable.php
All tables created successfully!

And i think all tables are created successful .
Im glad im making some progress at least .
And now what ? Plugin is in the plugins folder. How can i make it start collecting data and working ?

P.S.
Im not sure that i have done the first step in the Quick Installation guide of the plugin which is :
1.Prepare your MySQL database to accept connections from your web site and game server.
And i don't know how

Found it on page 49

Last edited by WolfGang; 12-08-2010 at 08:52.
muukis
Veteran Member
Old 12-09-2010 , 10:32   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B101
Reply With Quote #1116

You need to make sure your databases.cfg has an entry for the stats, and all the information for connecting the database is correctly written. Then you need to make sure the user you are using in the connection between the game server and the db server is allowed. It means the firewall (your services are at the same server so no need for that) and the MySQL user access filter is properly set.

I'm sorry but there are too many different possibilities for me to guess how yours should be configured. The quick installation guide is just a general help and probably easy for people with a little advanced knowledge on systems like this. Keep on trying and in addition to asking help here, use Google. It will give you answers on stuff related to your system. I.e. mysql remote connection.

Though certainly not superhuman, the man's prowess inspires an excess of whispered rumors. But those rumors remain in the realm of speculation.
WolfGang
BANNED
Old 12-09-2010 , 18:08   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B101
Reply With Quote #1117

Quote:
You need to make sure your databases.cfg has an entry for the stats, and all the information for connecting the database is correctly written. Then you need to make sure the user you are using in the connection between the game server and the db server is allowed. It means the firewall (your services are at the same server so no need for that) and the MySQL user access filter is properly set.

I'm sorry but there are too many different possibilities for me to guess how yours should be configured. The quick installation guide is just a general help and probably easy for people with a little advanced knowledge on systems like this. Keep on trying and in addition to asking help here, use Google. It will give you answers on stuff related to your system. I.e. mysql remote connection.
I still dont know what your telling me but do u have a msn or something to keep in touch and help me out?
muukis
Veteran Member
Old 12-10-2010 , 03:30   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B101
Reply With Quote #1118

Quote:
I still dont know what your telling me but do u have a msn or something to keep in touch and help me out?
I don't have MSN, or I did, but have not used it for ages. Sorry. You can find me using Steam sometimes, but not during daytime (GMT+2).

Last edited by muukis; 12-10-2010 at 03:33.
WolfGang
BANNED
Old 12-10-2010 , 08:26   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B101
Reply With Quote #1119

Quote:
I don't have MSN, or I did, but have not used it for ages. Sorry. You can find me using Steam sometimes, but not during daytime (GMT+2).
hmm...do i need MySQL and PHP program or file to make it working?
muukis
Veteran Member
Old 12-10-2010 , 13:27   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B101
Reply With Quote #1120

Quote:
hmm...do i need MySQL and PHP program or file to make it working?
To make what working? Steam?

You already should know how those applications are required by the plugin?

Last edited by muukis; 12-11-2010 at 02:41.