Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[REQ] Multi DLL URL.

Post New Thread Reply   

AleCsz14
Old 02-01-2014 , 05:16   [REQ] Multi DLL URL.
Reply With Quote #1

I saw biscuit's Multi DLLURL plugin (http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=95598) but i want to make it to switch between downloadurls when some file missing from the original one.

Exemple:
My default dldurl is www.dldurl.com, i'm connecting to my server, downloading MODEL.mdl, then i need to download SOUND.wav, but SOUND.wav isn't on www.dldurl.com, then i will download it from www.dldurl2.com.

Guess u understood what i need but i dont think is possible.
LambStar
Old 02-01-2014 , 06:19   Re: [REQ] Multi DLL URL.
Reply With Quote #2

Maybe this ;

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=116306
YamiKaitou
Has a lovely bunch of coconuts
Old 02-01-2014 , 06:28   Re: [REQ] Multi DLL URL.
Reply With Quote #3

You will need to perform that switch at the Web Host then as it is not possible to change the URL the client downloads from mid-download (they aren't even connected while downloading from a FastDL)

I do not browse the forums regularly anymore. If you need me for anything (asking questions or anything else), then PM me (be descriptive in your PM, message containing only a link to a thread will be ignored).
AleCsz14
Old 02-01-2014 , 09:17   Re: [REQ] Multi DLL URL.
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by LambStar View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by joropito
I can make a PHP script for anyone that needs an HTTP 3xx response for redirect to another server when some file is missing.
I didn't tested by it may work.
Guess this is what you are talking about Yami but i dont know PHP.. I posted on joropito's thread, but everybody feel free to make it yourself

Last edited by AleCsz14; 02-01-2014 at 09:19.
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 02-01-2014 , 13:00   Re: [REQ] Multi DLL URL.
Reply With Quote #5

I'm not sure how he thinks he can do it in PHP but it might be possible to do it with Apache with mod_rewrite (assuming it will work across domains). But, regardless, the best option is to just put everything on the same webserver that has the resources to do what you need.
Old 02-01-2014 , 14:50   Re: [REQ] Multi DLL URL.
Reply With Quote #6

I know it fysiks but i cant, that's why i need this..

Be sure if you will make it with Apache or anything else (i dont care how it's built, i just want to can use it..) alot of people will thank you, i saw alot of request for something like this.
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 02-01-2014 , 22:43   Re: [REQ] Multi DLL URL.
Reply With Quote #7

I've written one thing using mod_rewrite and it works between folders and I found it by using Google. First you need to find out if you are even able to modify Apache settings (assuming your web server uses it). However, if you are not able to just put everything in one place, I doubt you have that ability, but I could be wrong. Explain what you are using that makes you think you need this?

Also, I don't know if this will even work across domains, something you will need to check also.

Last edited by fysiks; 02-01-2014 at 22:44.
AleCsz14
Old 02-02-2014 , 12:20   Re: [REQ] Multi DLL URL.
Reply With Quote #8

The company where im hosting my cs server have a very very fast download url, and files are automaticaly uploaded on dld-url from server's ftp account, i dont have to upload them manually. But i have some files (small size) which are not auto-uploaded on dldurl and the employees from support said they cant acces dld-url to upload it manually.

So.. i need to upload them somewhere else and use both dld-ulrs, cuz i dont wanna move all stuff there (firstly, dont have enough space and company's dld-url is very very fast how i said before).

Dont worry, i have Apache installed.
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 02-02-2014 , 15:47   Re: [REQ] Multi DLL URL.
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by AleCsz14 View Post
But i have some files (small size) which are not auto-uploaded on dldurl and the employees from support said they cant acces dld-url to upload it manually.
That is ridiculous. If they are not able to do it then they don't know how to run their company. What files are they?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AleCsz14 View Post
Dont worry, i have Apache installed.
Having Apache installed is not enough.
  1. If mod_rewrite isn't enabled you can't use it.
  2. If custom Apache configuration is not enabled, you can't use it.
  3. If you don't have FTP access to the that webserver (if you did, you would upload the files yourself) then you can't upload the files required to do what I've mentioned.

Please PM me the URL for your host.