Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Trouble Installing MM:S on TF2 Server

Post New Thread Reply   

aarmenaa
Old 08-01-2010 , 11:10   Trouble Installing MM:S on TF2 Server
Reply With Quote #1

Hello, I am following the instructions for installing Metamod: Source. This is an Ubuntu server, my SRCDS installation is located at /srcds so my Team Fortress 2 server is located at /srcds/oragebox/tf. I did not have an addons folder, so I created it at /srcds/orangebox/tf/addons, and extracted the files in the archive to that folder as instructed. The full path to MM:S is therefore /srcds/orangebox/tf/addons/metamod, which contains one folder nambed bin, metaplugins.ini, and readme.txt. I then generated the VDF and copied to to /srcds/orangebox/tf/addons. This is the VDF that was generated:
Code:
"Plugin"
{
	"file"	"../tf/addons/metamod/bin/server"
}
MM:S does not appear to run when starting the server. "meta version" returns 'Unknown command "meta"' and I see 'Unable to load plugin "../tf/addons/metamod/bin/server"' when the server starts. What did I do wrong?
Fyren
FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren
Old 08-03-2010 , 06:08   Re: Trouble Installing MM:S on TF2 Server
Reply With Quote #2

Are you sure about your paths? The paths you stated in your post are correct. However, they're not the paths you'd end up with if you extracted the MMS archive into addons/. As the wiki says, you should extract into the game directory.
aarmenaa
Old 08-10-2010 , 23:51   Re: Trouble Installing MM:S on TF2 Server
Reply With Quote #3

Sorry, I didn't have email notifications turned on, so I didn't realize this ever got a response. The issue turned out to be the FTP server mangling some files in a rather subtle manner; nothing Metamod related.