Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Loading Music (easy to use directory version)

Post New Thread Reply   

FR0NTLINE
AlliedModders Donor
Old 11-12-2006 , 23:43   Re: Loading Music (easy to use directory version)
Reply With Quote #11

Ok nevermind my last post it works when i wants too now it's doing while i'm downloadin I dunno. has a mind of its own.
Old 12-08-2006 , 22:42   Re: Loading Music (easy to use directory version)
Reply With Quote #12

I use the efirged one that you were talking about. I have 14, 45 sec clips of various sounds on fast downloads. When some one connects to download a map you hear the music and the when you connect to the server you hear a different song. Will this plug-in do the same?

What is better about this plug-in? I don't really see any difference.

Please advise… I may switch plug-ins
AndraX2000
Old 12-08-2006 , 23:40   Re: Loading Music (easy to use directory version)
Reply With Quote #13

This plugin does basically the same thing. The difference is that instead of using an ini file (like eFrigid's) you just upload your mp3s to <gamemod>/sound/misc/loading/

It finds all the mp3s in that directory and randomly plays one while the map loads. This means that you don't have to mess with an ini every time you want to change the music.

We have a regular who writes techno music. By setting up an ftp account for him that only goes to that directory, he can upload new songs without having access to the rest of the server or to the config files.

eFrigid's is technically more powerful (because it can play songs in any directory and you don't need to worry about keeping the directory free of old mp3s). This plugin is easier to use.
Hit-Me
Old 01-11-2007 , 19:00   Re: Loading Music (easy to use directory version)
Reply With Quote #14

plugin is nice.. i actually used a text to speech software to add a few nice files to my server.. did somewhat of an Ad type of thing like "welcome to our server" and "Please idle our irc"..

if you want your own custom voice mp3s let me know.. takes less than a minute to make

plugin hit it off big on my server.. i can finally advertise something on the server and people cant possibly miss it.. works well on server rules, admin rules, or any other type of info you want to bring out to the players
Attached Files
File Type: rar loading.rar (342.2 KB, 691 views)

Last edited by Hit-Me; 01-15-2007 at 10:39.
spike4541
Old 04-10-2007 , 18:55   Re: Loading Music (easy to use directory version)
Reply With Quote #15

cant get this to work ! I checked my song like you said and it plays! But when i connect to my server it dosent download in the precache. Ive tried several songs in the sound/misc/loading folder and none work! I uploaded the plugin, added songs to sound/misc/loading, added loadingsounddir.amxx to the 3rd party plugin in the plugini folder( didnt say to do this , not sure so i tried it no difference either way) What am i doing wrong!!
AndraX2000
Old 04-11-2007 , 00:38   Re: Loading Music (easy to use directory version)
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by spike4541 View Post
... added loadingsounddir.amxx to the 3rd party plugin in the plugini folder( didnt say to do this , not sure so i tried it no difference either way)
Do you have any other third party plug-ins installed? Do they work? You must add all the plug-ins to plugins.ini for them to work. This is covered in the AMX Mod X instructions. I'm not exactly sure what you meant in the above quote -- there is no "plugini" folder.

One other thing you might check: If your server is using Linux and the game is run under a different owner than your ftp login, you may have to chmod the mp3s to 666 or 777 for them to work.

spike4541
Old 04-11-2007 , 18:57   Re: Loading Music (easy to use directory version)
Reply With Quote #17

its working now , really like it! thanks
Thermington
Old 05-07-2007 , 15:24   Re: Loading Music (easy to use directory version)
Reply With Quote #18

what does

"mirror the mp3s on your sv_downloadurl sever"

mean?
Thermington
Old 05-07-2007 , 15:27   Re: Loading Music (easy to use directory version)
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by spike4541 View Post
cant get this to work ! I checked my song like you said and it plays! But when i connect to my server it dosent download in the precache. Ive tried several songs in the sound/misc/loading folder and none work! I uploaded the plugin, added songs to sound/misc/loading, added loadingsounddir.amxx to the 3rd party plugin in the plugini folder( didnt say to do this , not sure so i tried it no difference either way) What am i doing wrong!!

yea this is whats happening to me
AndraX2000
Old 05-07-2007 , 17:44   Re: Loading Music (easy to use directory version)
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermington View Post
what does

"mirror the mp3s on your sv_downloadurl sever"

mean?
Setting up hlds is covered in many sites other than this one, but here is the basic idea.

The maps, sounds and other files needed for playing custom maps are very large. The Half-Life dedicated server (hlds) is very slow at transferring these files. So Valve provided a way to let Half-Life download the files from a website. To do this, in your server config file you set:

sv_downloadurl = http://www.yourdomain.com/somefolder/

"mirror the mp3s" means that you need to have the mp3s on your gameserver and your webserver, and in the correct folders on both.

Of course, if you don't do this, the plugin should still work, it will just take a long time for the mp3s to download.

As for your problem:
Do you have other 3rd party plugins installed? Are they working correctly? Are the mp3s in the right place (sound/misc/loading)? Is hlds outputting any errors?