Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[REQ] Skillpoints edit

Post New Thread Reply   

MeinHerzBrennt
Old 05-13-2018 , 11:29   [REQ] Skillpoints edit
Reply With Quote #1

Hola,

is it possible to edit this plugin -> https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=191708 .. to be precise 3 things to be edited/added:

The system of gaining skillpoints is okay.. but can someone edit the code so that, instead of displaying the skillpoints in tab and chat as a part of nickname, actual skillpoints are stored in a vault and with certain amount of them players get rank which is displayed in chat (scoreboard stays clean) and in /topskill motd. And when players use /topskill it just has an extra column named RANK

Also if the rank on chat could be shown as a separated prefix and not like a part of nickname. So basically if i would send a message to CT team, it would look like this:
(Counter-terrorists)[Veteran]MeinHerzBrennt: "text"

And the last thing is that ranks, if possible, are customizable in a way that i can edit rank names, required skillpoints, and even add more of them through the code or cvars doesn't matter, as long as it works properly

In the end i would like to say i'm just asking here if anyone is willing and capable of editing these 3 things and sharing them with me, if not - no biggie, thanks anyways!
tarsisd2
Veteran Member
Old 05-13-2018 , 18:19   Re: [REQ] Skillpoints edit
Reply With Quote #2

instead of making those changes, you can get a plugin that does what you want, there is a hundred of them around, this on per example: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=294867, or just search that you will find more
MeinHerzBrennt
Old 05-13-2018 , 20:49   Re: [REQ] Skillpoints edit
Reply With Quote #3

Thanks for the reply!

I already checked out like a dozen of them and each one has it's own cons why i don't want to use it.
So i decided to post a topic here with the one which has the least cons, or rather one which would require least edits for my 'needs'.
For example the one you mentioned above counts only kills as "skill" and there's much more to the game than kills.
Also it has too much information in game, the whole screen is covered with info which is presented better in skillpoints plugin with simple chat commands.
No disrespect to the author it's a great plugin, but what i'm looking for is still written in my 1st post, if anyone could help that would be great.

Cheers!

Last edited by MeinHerzBrennt; 05-13-2018 at 20:50.
karimoo97
Old 05-14-2018 , 10:02   Re: [REQ] Skillpoints edit
Reply With Quote #4

I request this too,I hope someone can help^^

1# Use these existing cvars :

bps_announce_on_chat 1/0 // Turn on/off the announcements in the chat when you win/lose points
bps_skillpoints_on_nick 1/0 // Turn on/off SkillPoints in nickname ex: (nick <1337>)

2# I also requested the prefix HERE and i'm stil hoping someone will help

3# In the SMA you can edit the number of ranks,thier names and the points needed to get them,you can even edit the commands,I changed mine to /rank /top15 /skill,PM me if you need help
Hartmann
Old 05-15-2018 , 16:09   Re: [REQ] Skillpoints edit
Reply With Quote #5

Try!
Added chat prefix and hud message(karimoo97 request).

If you have problem with chat s1:s2 use this to fix: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...7&postcount=14.

RETAKES v1.0
github.com/alghtryer/retakes

BTC Donate: 1QAh1NLmeHy81LF9r8PaeGjYqHL2BBcJTx

Last edited by Hartmann; 05-16-2018 at 20:02.
MeinHerzBrennt
Old 05-16-2018 , 10:00   Re: [REQ] Skillpoints edit
Reply With Quote #6

Thank you sir, this is excellent, works and needs the secondary plugin as a fix, like you predicted.
A couple of questions though, if i may..

The hud part, is it possible to be visible only to people spectating that player? Basically it's not shown to the player when he's alive. Or if that's not possible I'd rather have it completley removed.

Bps_give and bps_take plugin commands are not executable on clients with immunity, can that be changed?

And last thing, why is this s1:s2 thing happening, i noticed team_say doesn't have that bug, only public say.
What exactly does this plugin "fix for that" do? Can there be conflict with any other plugins i'm running?

Sorry if i come off like annoying with all these questions, but i'm just curious and I'm thankful for your time and effort.

Cheers!

Last edited by MeinHerzBrennt; 05-16-2018 at 10:02.
tarsisd2
Veteran Member
Old 05-16-2018 , 16:28   Re: [REQ] Skillpoints edit
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeinHerzBrennt View Post
Thank you sir, this is excellent, works and needs the secondary plugin as a fix, like you predicted.
A couple of questions though, if i may..

The hud part, is it possible to be visible only to people spectating that player? Basically it's not shown to the player when he's alive. Or if that's not possible I'd rather have it completley removed.

Bps_give and bps_take plugin commands are not executable on clients with immunity, can that be changed?

And last thing, why is this s1:s2 thing happening, i noticed team_say doesn't have that bug, only public say.
What exactly does this plugin "fix for that" do? Can there be conflict with any other plugins i'm running?

Sorry if i come off like annoying with all these questions, but i'm just curious and I'm thankful for your time and effort.

Cheers!
i think instead of not showing hud for alive players, would be great if showed hud only on buytime or few seconds each round, and for spec, it wold be great to show in different colour
karimoo97
Old 05-16-2018 , 18:55   Re: [REQ] Skillpoints edit
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartmann View Post
Try!
Added chat prefix and hud message(karimoo97 request).

If you have problem with chat s1:s2 use this to fix: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...7&postcount=14.
First off all I want to thank you for taking the time to help us,I really really appreciate it

As you can see the hud works just fine but unfortunately it doesn't change to the rank of the player tat I am spectating,it just displays mine the whole time,Can you please change it ? when I die,i see the rank of the one i'm spectating

PS:the prefix works,I just had to turn off admin_color_chat
PS2:pm me if you want the cs go ranks
Hartmann
Old 05-16-2018 , 20:13   Re: [REQ] Skillpoints edit
Reply With Quote #9

I remove first plugin, i made small mistake

Quote:
Fix!

Quote:
I think no.

Quote:
S2:pm me if you want the cs go ranks
I have, but you can share it to see how you've ranked points(LEVELS[ MAX_LEVELS ]) by CLASSES.

PHP Code:
new const CLASSESMAX_CLASSES ][ ] = {

"Silver I",

"Silver II",

"Silver III",

"Silver IV",

"Silver Elite",

"Silver Elite Master",

"Gold Nova I",

"Gold Nova II",

"Gold Nova III",

"Gold Nova Master",

"Master Guardian I ",

"Master Guardian II",

"Master Guardian Elite",

"Distinguished Master Guardian",

"Legendary Eagle",

"Legendary Eagle Master",

"Supreme Master First Class",

"The Global Elite"

+Added spectate hud.

Try this!
Attached Files
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (skillprefix.sma - 365 views - 33.8 KB)

RETAKES v1.0
github.com/alghtryer/retakes

BTC Donate: 1QAh1NLmeHy81LF9r8PaeGjYqHL2BBcJTx

MeinHerzBrennt
Old 05-17-2018 , 06:50   Re: [REQ] Skillpoints edit
Reply With Quote #10

Works like a charm, again 2 questions for you sir:

#1 If i want to remove the HUD for alive players, do i just delete this portion of the code and compile it?

Code:
public SkillPointsHud(id)
{
   	if(is_user_alive(id)){
		set_hudmessage(0, 212, 255, 0.03, 0.23, _, _, 1.0, _, _, 1)
		ShowSyncHudMsg(id, gSync, "Skill : %s ^nPoints : %d/%d",  CLASSES[ g_iLevels[ id ] ], g_iPoints[ id ], LEVELS[ g_iLevels[ id ] ]);
	}
}

#2 I can edit these lines to whichever amount i wish?

Code:
#define EXPIREDAYS	30
#define MAX_CLASSES	5
#define MAX_LEVELS	5
#define MAX_PONTUATION	10000 // max skillpoints per player
E.G. what if I don't want the skillpoints gained to expire ever or if i put EXPIREDAYS 365?
Would that make a problem for the server, is there a limit after which the vault can't track that many players and stats?

Thanks for this once again, much appreciated.