Plugin Version:
Plugin Category:
General Purpose
Plugin Game:
Any
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:

Plugin Description:
    automatically respawns players during a set amount of time, if an automatic spawn-killer is detected, it disables
    Old 03-06-2017 , 10:53   [CS:GO/ANY?] Auto-Respawn
    Reply With Quote #1

AUTO-RESPAWN
    as made by potatoz

DESCRIPTION
    this is the public version of my Auto-Respawn plugin. This plugin is quite basic really, it automatically respawns players during a set amount of time, and if an automatic spawn-killer is detected, it disables.

CVARS
    sm_autorespawn_time "85" - Amount of time to keep auto-respawn on before disabling?
    sm_autorespawn_spawnkilldetection "1" - Enable spawnkill-detection? 0 = Disable
    Attached Files
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (autorespawn.sp - 1694 views - 4.0 KB)

Last edited by potatoz; 08-17-2018 at 07:12.
    Franc1sco
    Veteran Member
    Old 03-06-2017 , 10:55   Re: [CS:GO] Auto-Respawn v1.0
    Reply With Quote #2

Already exist the same here https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=2374048

Duplicated functions and similar code.

You like my work? +Rep in my steam profile comments or donate.

Last edited by Franc1sco; 03-06-2017 at 11:00.
    Send a message via MSN to Franc1sco
    potatoz
    AlliedModders Donor
    Old 03-06-2017 , 11:00   Re: [CS:GO] Auto-Respawn v1.0
    Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Franc1sco View Post
    Already exist the same
    Yes, mine is based upon yours, however yours do have a couple issues whereas either the spawnkill-detection would be too easy to trigger and would go off wayyy too early, aswell as you can rejoin the server in order to bypass the autorespawn being disabled. This being most likely because you trigger the ForcePlayerSuicide right away instead of having a timer of about ~0.5s after spawning aswell to more likely ensure the player actually gets slayed after joining and doesn't just bypass it cause sourcemod executes the command to fast.

P.S don't self-advertise saying you got the same before even looking at my code.

Last edited by potatoz; 03-06-2017 at 11:02.
    Franc1sco
    Veteran Member
    Old 03-06-2017 , 11:06   Re: [CS:GO] Auto-Respawn v1.0
    Reply With Quote #4

If you have improvements to the plugin why not just open a pull request instead of open a new thread? Even you could add your credits in that plugin. But publish plugins with duplicated functions is not allowed that I know.

P.S: you should give me credits since you use my plugin as base.

P.S2:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by potatoz View Post
    Yes, mine is based upon yours, however yours do have a couple issues whereas either the spawnkill-detection would be too easy to trigger and would go off wayyy too early, aswell as you can rejoin the server in order to bypass the autorespawn being disabled. This being most likely because you trigger the ForcePlayerSuicide right away instead of having a timer of about ~0.5s after spawning aswell to more likely ensure the player actually gets slayed after joining and doesn't just bypass it cause sourcemod executes the command to fast.
    Should be fixed with the version 1.5 of my plugin (also I added a new feature) -> https://forums.alliedmods.net/showth...83#post2501283

If you have more issues just post it or just open a Pull request.

You like my work? +Rep in my steam profile comments or donate.

Last edited by Franc1sco; 03-06-2017 at 11:34.
    Send a message via MSN to Franc1sco
    potatoz
    AlliedModders Donor
    Old 03-06-2017 , 11:45   Re: [CS:GO] Auto-Respawn v1.0
    Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Franc1sco View Post
    But publish plugins with duplicated functions is not allowed that I know
    This plugin is made from scratch, i didn't use your plugin as a base, i got the idea from the issues i personally found it had. In other words this plugin is in totally separate from yours, having plugins that do more or less the same thing in completely different ways and with their own functions doesn't break any rules as far as i know
    Old 03-06-2017 , 11:47   Re: [CS:GO] Auto-Respawn v1.0
    Reply With Quote #6

Don't get me wrong, Franug. I like your plugin but there are things i personally prefer with my own plugin and adding/changing these features are just a way easier progress when you've made the code yourself and ain't just sitting modifying others shit or sending a request hoping for it to be fixed. I tend to take the issue at hand and solve it without necessarely having to rely on somebody else
    Old 03-06-2017 , 11:49   Re: [CS:GO] Auto-Respawn v1.0
    Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
    Yes, mine is based upon yours
    Quote:
    i didn't use your plugin as a base
    ???

Edit:
    Quote:
    Don't get me wrong, Franug. I like your plugin but there are things i personally prefer with my own plugin and adding/changing these features are just a way easier progress when you've made the code yourself and ain't just sitting modifying others shit or sending a request hoping for it to be fixed. I tend to take the issue at hand and solve it without necessarely having to rely on somebody else
    Francisco appreciates and accepts pull request really quickly. This just sounds to me like you've never used github before and are afraid to use it. Taking someone else's plugin idea that was already made (and on git) amd rereleasing it without credit while refusing to give any speaks volumes about who you are.

Last edited by headline; 03-06-2017 at 11:55.
    potatoz
    AlliedModders Donor
    Old 03-06-2017 , 11:51   Re: [CS:GO] Auto-Respawn v1.0
    Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Headline View Post
    ???
    Based as in inspired? I got inspired to create this because the flaws in his plugins, "based" doesn't necesserely mean i used his code in any way.

Quote:
    Francisco appreciates and accepts pull request really quickly. This just sounds to me like you've never used github before and are afraid to use it.
    Does this mean i can't have my own plugin with my own features planned and own potential?
    Just because this plugin builds on the same idea it doesn't mean they are the same thing, there are multiple bhop-timers, multiple auto-respawns, multiple everything, but they aren't the same which gives server owners the possibility to really pick the plugin that works best on their specific server for their specific needs

Last edited by potatoz; 03-06-2017 at 11:55.
    headline
    SourceMod Moderator
    Old 03-06-2017 , 12:09   Re: [CS:GO] Auto-Respawn v1.0
    Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
    Based as in inspired? I got inspired to create this because the flaws in his plugins, "based" doesn't necesserely mean i used his code in any way.

Does this mean i can't have my own plugin with my own features planned and own potential?
    Just because this plugin builds on the same idea it doesn't mean they are the same thing, there are multiple bhop-timers, multiple auto-respawns, multiple everything, but they aren't the same which gives server owners the possibility to really pick the plugin that works best on their specific server for their specific needs
    I'm all for rewriting plugins that couldve been done better or implemented with better features, but the least you could do is give a shutout to the original. That's all.
    Deathknife
    Old 03-06-2017 , 13:05   Re: [CS:GO] Auto-Respawn v1.0
    Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
    but the least you could do is give a shutout to the original. That's all.
    It's a respawn plugin. It's nothing unique. It's been done so much, there's no point.