Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

can't use different models

Post New Thread Reply   

chuck
BANNED
Old 04-13-2006 , 17:11   can't use different models
Reply With Quote #1

Ever since the update i can't choose between different player models (skins).
CTs can only use the SOG Skin and terrorists can only use the Terrorist skin with the red headband. Is anyone else having this problem? I updated and everything is working fine except for this.
L. Duke
Veteran Member
Old 04-13-2006 , 17:58  
Reply With Quote #2

When the first new models were released for CSS, custom models wouldn't show up unless cl_minmodels was set to 1 so plugins like Mani, VIP Mod, ZombieMod etc. forced that setting on clients.

This update seems to have entirely resolved the issue plugins had with custom models and cl_minmodels in the first place; however, only one model shows up now if cl_minmodels is set to 1.

Setting cl_minmodels 0 on your client should fix the problem. The VIP Mod has been updated and will no longer force this setting on clients. I expect that Mani and ZombieMod should be updated soon.
Dustin
Old 04-13-2006 , 18:50  
Reply With Quote #3

Forcing cl_minmodels 0 to players is generally a good idea since mani, zombiehorde & vip have been forcing cl_minmodels 1 for months and pretty much everyone who has ever player on a server could not have been missed to get that command so in order to get players view the skins once again, forcing cl_minmodels to 0 is a must and will do no harm.

Anyway, on mani-admin there is already a cvar which makes the plugin force cl_minmodels 1 or 0, simply changing it to 0 will fix some issues - but it doesnt force cl_minmodels 0 to clients like it did when it was 1.
chuck
BANNED
Old 04-13-2006 , 21:58  
Reply With Quote #4

that fixed it! Thanks guys.