Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[TF2] Freak Fortress 2

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

Snowflake669
Old 05-03-2012 , 17:33   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Research View Post
freddy crashes my server (my OS is windows)

and if I put in gentlespyduo/femspyduo between other boss, they break boss selection
example:
"5" "aaaaa"
"6" "gentlespy_duo"
"7" "femspy_duo"
"8" "bbbbb"
"9" "ccccc"

then I select bbbbb, result is always femspy_duo. I can't select bbbbb
Too fix this you need to put blocked characters at the end.

So blocked characters are femspy_duo and seeldier (unless you have made custom duo bosses).

so for example:

Quote:
"1" "seeman" "2" "gentlespy_duo" "3" "ninjaspy" "4" "demopan" "5" "seeldier" "6" femspy_duo"
Always make sure bosses that are blocked and in a duo are at the end, otherwise say if seeldier was the second boss on the list, he would be selectable on the second boss in the menu's list even though it says gentlespy_duo.

Last edited by Snowflake669; 05-03-2012 at 17:34.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-03-2012 , 17:45   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowflake669 View Post
Too fix this you need to put blocked characters at the end.

So blocked characters are femspy_duo and seeldier (unless you have made custom duo bosses).

so for example:

Always make sure bosses that are blocked and in a duo are at the end, otherwise say if seeldier was the second boss on the list, he would be selectable on the second boss in the menu's list even though it says gentlespy_duo.
This must only occur if you have two or more blocked bosses, then, as it doesn't happen with just Seeldier in my experience.
Old 05-03-2012 , 20:26   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

mhm i suppose so, when it was just seeldier for me it wasn't a problem, but with femspyduo thrown in i had to put the companion characters at the end so it wouldn't goof up the selection menu.
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-03-2012 , 21:21   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamtastique View Post
mhm i suppose so, when it was just seeldier for me it wasn't a problem, but with femspyduo thrown in i had to put the companion characters at the end so it wouldn't goof up the selection menu.
I just looked at ff2_boss_selection.sp. I saw some room for improvement, so here's a new version.

What it does: Saves the boss name rather than tries to figure out the boss number.

This short-circuits a whole world of hurt where we're adjusting boss numbers based on the menu number and number of blocked bosses.

NOTE: This is completely untested! Use at your own risk!

Edit (2012/07/11): This has been tested for like two months now and it appears to work just fine.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (ff2_boss_selection.sp - 176 views - 3.1 KB)
File Type: smx ff2_boss_selection.smx (5.0 KB, 210 views)

Last edited by Powerlord; 07-11-2012 at 14:47.
jamtastique
Old 05-03-2012 , 23:47   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
I just looked at ff2_boss_selection.sp. I saw some room for improvement, so here's a new version.

What it does: Saves the boss name rather than tries to figure out the boss number.

This short-circuits a whole world of hurt where we're adjusting boss numbers based on the menu number and number of blocked bosses.

danke powerlord, ff2 will probably be next so i'll throw it on the server, rearrange the character list to have companion bosses in the middle and ask people if the menu is still wacky.
Veteran Member
Old 05-04-2012 , 00:17   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post

I was noticing the original version did not select the bosses on the second page reliably.. I will test the new version... thanks!
a9647
Old 05-04-2012 , 00:47   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

chances attribute
i want select boss saxton hale 60% special boss 40%
1. saxton hale 2,3,4 special boss
"chances" "1 ; 6 ; 2 ; 4 ; 3 ; 4 ; 4 ; 4" ???

sorry my bad English
jamtastique
Old 05-04-2012 , 01:40   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

tested!

seeldier and femspyduo didn't show up in the list, nor did any selections derp out (like picking demopan only for it to say "you have selected femspy!") so yay!

wish freddy didn't crash the later versions though. he's a fave among many so i rolled it back to 1.04 for now.
SourceMod Donor
Old 05-04-2012 , 08:29   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqus View Post
I make this boss for Alliedmods, enjoy it!
Please be careful about reposting other people's work as your own. 99% of the content in that zip file has been copied from other sources without providing any credit. For instance, the Gangplank model was made by Jug and is licensed under a Creative Commons license that requires attribution. In the cuddly heavy post you're using sound files made by Kwapple and a model used in TF2Ware. You must provide credit to the makers of the content you are using if they require it else you are infringing their moral and legal rights. To claim that you "make this boss" (sic) when you did little more than zip the files up is at best dubious.

I strongly encourage you to do the right thing and provide appropriate credit now and in the future. Sourcemod itself uses such a license and is more likely to champion the topic of FSF/CC licenses than I am.

Last edited by prom3th3an; 05-04-2012 at 08:43.
MaloModo
Veteran Member
Old 05-04-2012 , 10:35   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamtastique View Post
wish freddy didn't crash the later versions though. he's a fave among many so i rolled it back to 1.04 for now.
Are you guys sure it is freddy doing it...the sound files may be the reason. I am away so can't test myself but I have converted all sound files to mp3 and edited config to reflect change. Let me know if helps. I will post a "tweaked" version a little later.
Attached Files
File Type: zip freddymp3.zip (3.29 MB, 146 views)
File Type: zip freddymp3bzip.zip (3.28 MB, 145 views)

Last edited by MaloModo; 05-04-2012 at 10:42.
Closed Thread