Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D2]Tank Rush

Post New Thread Reply   

KarnageInk
Old 11-08-2010 , 14:30   Re: [L4D2]Tank Rush
Reply With Quote #131

how about a slight variation of tank rush? make 1 of the tanks hold the "key" to the door. without killing that tank, door wont open. can also add slight changes to differentiate the key-tank from other tanks e.g create a smoke trail, slightly darker tank, key tank's attacks does no dmg etc.
(-DR-)GrammerNatzi
Old 11-08-2010 , 21:07   Re: [L4D2]Tank Rush
Reply With Quote #132

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarnageInk View Post
how about a slight variation of tank rush? make 1 of the tanks hold the "key" to the door. without killing that tank, door wont open. can also add slight changes to differentiate the key-tank from other tanks e.g create a smoke trail, slightly darker tank, key tank's attacks does no dmg etc.
That's a bit unnecessary and a lot of players wouldn't like it. If someone did want it, they should feel free to edit the source as long as they give me credit.

Also, I'm not sure how to make tanks auto-attack on spawn.
KarnageInk
Old 11-09-2010 , 04:23   Re: [L4D2]Tank Rush
Reply With Quote #133

haha just a suggestion. can create a new plugin instead of modifying the current 1. your plugin working fine as it is and i have no problems using it.
RobeonMew
Old 01-06-2011 , 15:31   Re: [L4D2]Tank Rush
Reply With Quote #134

so here is my issue. The original Tank rush works, but is missing parts, cheewonken's addition works too but some parts are missing. Chee's section has suicide, and tanks unable to spawn before saferoom exit or scrimmage line passing, but twhen the characters are incapped, theres no rez @ tank death, and when holding a ledge you fall to your doom. the original tank rush from GrammerNatzi has Incappers rez @ tank death, and you're saved from ledge hang, but tanks wont wait for you in the saferoom, and Finalies go on forever. Chee's plugin's finale works fine. Can there be a plugin where both parts work? I would gladly do the mashing myself, but I dunno how to script yet. Glad to learn tho. but yeah, theres modes i nthe original, and some in Chee's that both do great, but the unable to rez from incap, anf falling from ledges, kinda blows, so I am unable to use Tank rush til I have both working scripts into one plugin

Last edited by RobeonMew; 01-06-2011 at 15:39.
birno
Old 01-06-2011 , 15:54   Re: [L4D2]Tank Rush
Reply With Quote #135

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobeonMew View Post
so here is my issue. The original Tank rush works, but is missing parts, cheewonken's addition works too but some parts are missing. Chee's section has suicide, and tanks unable to spawn before saferoom exit or scrimmage line passing, but twhen the characters are incapped, theres no rez @ tank death, and when holding a ledge you fall to your doom. the original tank rush from GrammerNatzi has Incappers rez @ tank death, and you're saved from ledge hang, but tanks wont wait for you in the saferoom, and Finalies go on forever. Chee's plugin's finale works fine. Can there be a plugin where both parts work? I would gladly do the mashing myself, but I dunno how to script yet. Glad to learn tho. but yeah, theres modes i nthe original, and some in Chee's that both do great, but the unable to rez from incap, anf falling from ledges, kinda blows, so I am unable to use Tank rush til I have both working scripts into one plugin
Try this version.
I'm not playing L4D2 anymore so it's just a quick "maybe working" fix.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (L4DTankrush (18).sp - 413 views - 19.0 KB)
RobeonMew
Old 01-06-2011 , 16:10   Re: [L4D2]Tank Rush
Reply With Quote #136

Oh well thank you so much! I Will see if it works. and thank you so very much for the rapid reply.

Might I ask why you are not playing L4D2 anymore?

Also if you aren't making the script anymore, if I might ask how you script so i can keep your legacy going? Would love to start scripting plugins myself

Repost:
i found one bug left. everything you did I mentioned is working (have not tested Finale without slaying tanks) when someone is rezzing me, be it a bot or human, and a Tank dies, i don't get my tank death HP

Repost:
Without slaying them all, only one while another lived, the finale does finish. but the bug remains that when someone is rezzing an incapped player and a tank dies, there's no health given to the incapped player (possibly resulting in some trolling)
Otherwise works perfectly. thank you so much for a job well done. I play your plugin way too much. im like addicted to it ^_~ great job

Last edited by RobeonMew; 01-06-2011 at 16:49.
birno
Old 01-07-2011 , 12:22   Re: [L4D2]Tank Rush
Reply With Quote #137

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobeonMew View Post
Oh well thank you so much! I Will see if it works. and thank you so very much for the rapid reply.

Might I ask why you are not playing L4D2 anymore?

Also if you aren't making the script anymore, if I might ask how you script so i can keep your legacy going? Would love to start scripting plugins myself

Repost:
i found one bug left. everything you did I mentioned is working (have not tested Finale without slaying tanks) when someone is rezzing me, be it a bot or human, and a Tank dies, i don't get my tank death HP

Repost:
Without slaying them all, only one while another lived, the finale does finish. but the bug remains that when someone is rezzing an incapped player and a tank dies, there's no health given to the incapped player (possibly resulting in some trolling)
Otherwise works perfectly. thank you so much for a job well done. I play your plugin way too much. im like addicted to it ^_~ great job
Then another quick&dirty fix, if doesn't work I will don't know whats the problem.

I don't play because was boring after some month.

If you wanna scripting try to see some smaller and simple scripts, read the development guide here and find the used functions in the API reference.

I believe the best learning practice the "Read the code, write the code" method, so first just do some little changes in a small plugin, try some function, then read more complex plugins and so on.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (L4DTankrush (18) (2).sp - 476 views - 19.1 KB)
RobeonMew
Old 01-08-2011 , 02:56   Re: [L4D2]Tank Rush
Reply With Quote #138

I will. thank you so Much. I will attempt to see if this cleared the incap bug i found.
hard to do so when the bots wont listen to a word i say lol. L4D is not what makes iut fun, the vs. mode where you pwn your friends with an army of zombies, thats the fun part.

I agree with your scripting method . I would love to finally start getting myself to game design after all the hardships holding me back. I feel scripting these plugins might keep me on track. Thanks again for your quick response and plugin fixing.

and to everyone else Happy Tanking!

did a little testing, when i rezzed ellis, slayed tank, then let go of ellis he got his HP. still need to try to finish the rez, but so far i think this last plugin is the bread winner

one major bug in Tank Rush. with other addons playing with it, Tank rush will onyl work if i dont touch the config file. all I want is to give Survivors 50 HP per tank death, add 2000 HP to the tanks, and make their spawn time to 20 seconds. However the tank rush will only work if i never touch the config file.

possible conflicting Plugins are as follows
ledge_release.smx
l4d_selfhelp_en.smx
l4d2_WeaponUnlock.smx
l4d2_votekick_escapre_ban.smx
CrowAnnoyingItemRemover.smx
l4d2_show_tank_hp.smx
l4d_2_deathcheck.smx
L4D2Gore.smx
l4d_blackandwhite.smx
l4dunreservelobby.smx
l4d2_incapped_crawling_1.21.smx
sky_ffpt_r7.smx

: If you wish to play Tank Rush with me, my server is 69.165.254.182:27016 :
:Apologies if it is not up all the time, I am new to Servers and scripts:

Last edited by RobeonMew; 01-08-2011 at 18:54. Reason: Reposting in same post
birno
Old 01-10-2011 , 13:43   Re: [L4D2]Tank Rush
Reply With Quote #139

Interesting, I have some idea whats cause that, but it would be a longer job, therefore I won't try to fix, playing WoW instead, sry.
That will be your first challenge in scripting.

Maybe a temporary solution to delete the config, download the source file and change the settings on the OnPluginStart() function, it's easy, for example:

Orig:
tankinterval = CreateConVar("tankrush_interval","12", "How many seconds till another tank spawns.", CVAR_FLAGS, true, 0.0);

To:
tankinterval = CreateConVar("tankrush_interval","20", "How many seconds till another tank spawns.", CVAR_FLAGS, true, 0.0);

It will change the tank spawn interval.

Then compile it here.

Important to delete the config file before change the settings!
Dean Winchester
Old 02-07-2011 , 14:44   Re: [L4D2]Tank Rush
Reply With Quote #140

Hey, this plugin auto remove commons infecteds and specials infecteds ???? or i have a bug ?^^