Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Metamod not working - win64 - dedicated Server + normal CS2

Post New Thread Reply   

Masterfrog
Old 12-22-2023 , 04:02   Metamod not working - win64 - dedicated Server + normal CS2
Reply With Quote #1

Hello together,

i have a windows 10 64bit computer and i like to play CounterStrike 2 (CS2) with friends. I need a dedicated server for my propose. Therefore i opened a dedicated server on my local pc and installed metamod:source.

My shortcut to start the server is this: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\game\bin\win64\cs2.exe" -dedicated -usercon +game_type 0 +game_mode 1 +map de_inferno

The dedicated Server is running normal und the metamod is loaded correctly.

Unfortunally i can't start my normal cs2 anymore.
It gives me this Error-Message as a popup:
CAppSystemDict:Unable to create interface Source2ServerConfig001 from server (Dependency of application)

In the metamod-fatal.log it says:
Metamod:Source requires -dedicated or -insecure on the command line to be able to load

As i understand he gives me that error because i want to start my normal cs2-Game without "-dedicated" one the command line.

Is there a way to open a dedicated Server on my localhost with metamod and start the game cs2 without metamod?

Without metamod it is possible to start the dedicated server and my normal game on the same pc.

I hope you understand my problem.

Thanks a lot!

Kind regards
Joachim
EPICFIXER
Old 02-10-2024 , 12:15   Re: Metamod not working - win64 - dedicated Server + normal CS2
Reply With Quote #2

Manged to fix this issue by moving to the latest Dev build was previously running build 1153.