Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[ANY] Source Community Ban List [Version 2]

Post New Thread Reply   

SomePanns
Old 06-30-2017 , 08:01   Re: [ANY] A new era of keeping hackers out! [SourceCBL]
Reply With Quote #31

SourceCBL version 1.1 is now available to download in the OP, you'll also find changelogs and instructions about the whitelisting there.

Thanks for everyones feedback so far, appreciate it, guys!

Important note: Old versions do no longer work, so you have to update to the latest version.

Last edited by SomePanns; 06-30-2017 at 08:02.
Czar_
Old 06-30-2017 , 10:49   Re: [ANY] A new era of keeping hackers out! [SourceCBL]
Reply With Quote #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomePanns View Post
SourceCBL version 1.1 is now available to download in the OP, you'll also find changelogs and instructions about the whitelisting there.

Thanks for everyones feedback so far, appreciate it, guys!

Important note: Old versions do no longer work, so you have to update to the latest version.
Since you added whitelisting will you release the db to add to sourcebans then?
Old 06-30-2017 , 11:28   Re: [ANY] A new era of keeping hackers out! [SourceCBL]
Reply With Quote #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czar_ View Post
Since you added whitelisting will you release the db to add to sourcebans then?
No.
The Team Ghost
Old 07-01-2017 , 09:24   Re: [ANY] A new era of keeping hackers out! [SourceCBL]
Reply With Quote #34

If you don't want to add it tot the SourceBans database atleast make it so it shows the block message on SourceBans this will just let us know when a cheater tried to connect
SourceMod Moderator
Old 07-01-2017 , 20:46   Re: [ANY] A new era of keeping hackers out! [SourceCBL]
Reply With Quote #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomePanns View Post
Those bans will eventually (in a month time or so) be lifted as we collect more bans.
The reason was because most people would probably prefer that we had some bans available rather than none at all.

And as you can see, all bans after these have proof attached to them.
So what you are saying is basically that SteamRep should have marked you as a scammer to begin with, back when they started their service, just to have some data in their database for their users?

And once they have got a few hundred items in their database, they could then remove the scammer tag from you again, as it would now not be necessary to keep anymore?

There will of course always be skepticism from users of such tings like this one, like SteamRep, and other similar systems...

But do I understand you correctly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Team Ghost View Post
If you don't want to add it tot the SourceBans database atleast make it so it shows the block message on SourceBans this will just let us know when a cheater tried to connect
What exact SourceBans version do you use?

And how long time would you like to ban them on your SourceBans, if there is a positive listing in SourceCBL?

Dropbox FastDL: Public folder will no longer work after March 15, 2017!
For more info, see the [SRCDS Thread], or the [HLDS Thread].
SomePanns
Old 07-02-2017 , 02:50   Re: [ANY] A new era of keeping hackers out! [SourceCBL]
Reply With Quote #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by arne1288 View Post
So what you are saying is basically that SteamRep should have marked you as a scammer to begin with, back when they started their service, just to have some data in their database for their users?

And once they have got a few hundred items in their database, they could then remove the scammer tag from you again, as it would now not be necessary to keep anymore?

There will of course always be skepticism from users of such tings like this one, like SteamRep, and other similar systems...

But do I understand you correctly?
Yes, you got it correctly.

We do apologize for that poorly made decision and it's fully understandable if you or anyone else cannot trust this service (yet), especially because of that. But we're always be here working to gain your trust, so we can improve the gaming community as much as we can!
The Team Ghost
Old 07-03-2017 , 06:41   Re: [ANY] (Version 1.1) A new era of keeping hackers out! [SourceCBL]
Reply With Quote #37

I'm using the latest version of SB++ since they have an autoupdate function which would also be welcome in this plugin, I mean since it is a very new plugin new versions will release really fast on a short span of time this will make sure so people don't have to return every time again to update their plugin because they only noticed after several months their old version doesn't respond anymore with the database
Old 07-04-2017 , 04:36   Re: [ANY] (Version 1.1) A new era of keeping hackers out! [SourceCBL]
Reply With Quote #38

Quote:
I'm using the latest version of SB++ since they have an autoupdate function which would also be welcome in this plugin, I mean since it is a very new plugin new versions will release really fast on a short span of time this will make sure so people don't have to return every time again to update their plugin because they only noticed after several months their old version doesn't respond anymore with the database
Indeed! We will be implementing auto update in the next version, which also comes with quite the updates.
The Team Ghost
Old 07-07-2017 , 14:47   Re: [ANY] (Version 1.1) A new era of keeping hackers out! [SourceCBL]
Reply With Quote #39

Since I can't make a report on a bug or post something in Report a hacker I'll just do it here and hope the OP will see it.

Quote:
When I want to make a post in Report a hacker it just tells me something went wrong when I try making a post, but anyways I aint waiting for that to be fixed to report a few hackers so I'll put it down below what I wrote.
The same happened before with other threads not sure if this has been fixed yet.

Report a hacker:
So I was playing on a server and than someone called me out of hacks but I hadn't noticed before they were using hacks.
Because they thought I was using hacks they upped the lvl of their hacks and didn't care anymore about being hidden yes there are mutliple hackers in the demo and I'll link all their ID's down below.
Ofcourse you can see it in the demo file that they're all hacking.

Skip to tick 18000 in the demo file than they start joining.

- 76561198397284294 => [ACP] Снайпер OP
- 76561198393433516 => the youtube url guy
- 76561198393042944 => [ACP] Roboot (called like that at the time) - on steam his name is Roboot
- 76561198402065695 => [ACP]-Rek

Links:
All these guys are from the same clan but I wouldn't worry that much since they're pretty much death: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/nomorecheaters
Drive link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0By...XhkZjZqQVMzTHM

Last edited by The Team Ghost; 07-07-2017 at 14:48. Reason: small spelling mistake
SomePanns
Old 07-08-2017 , 02:48   Re: [ANY] (Version 1.1) A new era of keeping hackers out! [SourceCBL]
Reply With Quote #40

Quote:
Since I can't make a report on a bug or post something in Report a hacker I'll just do it here and hope the OP will see it.
Thank you, I'll have the team look into the demos.

For the bug, I've tried posting in "Report a hacker" as both administrator and user and I can't find any problem, works like a charm for me. I'll do some more detailed research into it and let you know if I find the cause and if I fixed it.

Edit:

Try and see if it's fixed now, I think I found the cause of it.
If it's still not working, provide the info below in your next reply:

What page (link) does this occur on?
What page (link) does it redirect you to?
What exactly (step by step) do you do to cause this bug to happen?
Does it only happen for you? Eg. have you asked a friend to try it?

Edit #2:
The cheaters provided have been banned.

Last edited by SomePanns; 07-08-2017 at 09:17.